Sign in to follow this  
WMike20052

Is there anyway to change how long the AI "forgets" about you?

Like say im a sniper against a squad.

300 meters away i snipe and kill the Team Leader.

The whole squad starts raining fire in my direction and starting to look for me.

I take cover in some trees about 100 meters away.

As soon as the AI comes over the horizon they take aim and start putting shots at where im at.

Is there away to change how long they know where your hiding for?

Is there anything else i can do about this?

Currently using: ACE+Zeus. As far as AI goes.

You need to move somewhere else, and make sure you don't get seen. Use terrain masking rather than vegetation.

Yeah, they will watch where you go and as soon as they don't see you, they go where you were last seen. Some will also try to flank you so you really have to be sneaky.

Once your seen, fall back, go over a hill, and start making your way around them or something, keep your eyes opn though, cause they will probably try to flank where your last position was.

Edited by Nicholas

You have Zeus installed, that means AI will also attack you from further away already. Try without Zeus or with a different AI modification and see how you like it, carefull with ACE and slx better test the Ai mods without ace first to see how AI reacts.

Zeus mod:

This mod improves the ability of AI soldiers in a number of key areas:

- Improves AI's ability to spot and engage enemy, extending engagement ranges

out to 500m and beyond

Edited by oxmox

Hi WMike20052,

What are you using to shoot them? If you're playing as a sniper and using some of the heavier munitions, you should really be able to take the shot much further out. 300m is still well within Assault Rifle range, especially if they have scopes. A marksman/sniper would generally consider 300-400m as dangerous, as their weapons lend themselves to an advantage over much greater ranges.

All of the advice above is good too! :)

The thing is though, they dont see me hide in my next spot.

Ill be prone inside a bush next to a tree surrounded by grass and theyll still spot me.

I am playing in daytime but still. I thought a mod would fix the grass and them seeing issue by now.

Guess not.

Nope..grass will not protect you thats why most multiplayer servers have the option to switch off grass. Like i said try a different AI mod, with Zeus the AI will not only detect you but attack you already from a longer range than without any mods or just keep a lot more distance to them if you use zeus 500m+.

Hm, I heard that grass and other clutter will enter the statistical computation of how likely they are to locate you exactly. And make it harder for them to pinpoint your exact poisition.

Like a circle: The worse intel they have, or if you are in clutter, the larger the circle becomes in which they think you are located.

Like a circle: The worse intel they have, or if you are in clutter, the larger the circle becomes in which they think you are located.

That was the impression I got as well...

By any chance, did your sniper eat a burrito for lunch? The AI have pretty good hearing.

I'm playing with ACE, but with AI set on a very low skill and accuracy setting. Even then, breaking contact is insanely difficult. If you test with knowsAbout, you can observe that it takes several minutes for them to "forget" about you. However, if you are respotted, it goes right up to the previous value instead of gradually like might have been the case when contact was initiated.

Yesterday I had some infantry and an obsessed Vodnik on my tail. I was able to escape the infantry, but the damned Vodnik was hunting me for about an hour until he finally managed to get me. It was bloody awesome, long time since I've been that scared :D I was on foot, but I've learned my lesson - never leave base without at least a mountain bike :)