Sign in to follow this  
galzohar

Is there any waypoint-related command that is known to cause CTD?

I'm getting quite clueless here. In this mission I'm getting an occasion CTD with no error message. The only thing shown in the RPT (after the mission initialization stuff) is this:

=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C00000FD STACK_OVERFLOW at 008DE905

This is the mission:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a2c1c1g/n/ACE_Co_27_Hot_Extraction.queshkibrul.pbo

I would guess this has something to do with waypoints as it started happening when I started adding code to the "on act" field of the waypoints. I know that if I change the waypoint code from this:

(group this) setCurrentWaypoint [(group this), 1 + floor (random ((count waypoints (group this)) - 2))];

to this:

[b](group this) setCurrentWaypoint [(group this), 0];[/b] (group this) setCurrentWaypoint [(group this), 1 + floor (random ((count waypoints (group this)) - 2))];

Then it'll crash every time. The former code does not seem to crash the game - at least most of the time.

If anyone has any idea of how you could crash the game with waypoint-related stuff please let me know so I can see if it has anything to do with my mission... I couldn't find any crashing issues related to waypoint stuff anywhere.

In fact, the line in bold seems to crash the game every time when placed in a waypoint's "on act". Setting any other waypoint doesn't seem to crash, though, and using 1 + floor (...) should guarantee that 0 is never selected...

Edited by galzohar

Seems to also happen every time the "on act" of a waypoint sets the waypoint to an "older" one. Doing the same in a script executed from the waypoint's "on act" field does not crash the game.

Edited by galzohar