Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Medevac Module

Goliath,

This is my testing result:

1. Medic does not healing wounded soldier.

2. After reinserted helo RTB and waiting for next call medevac action, but appear a hint: "Medevac support already action" the helo does not moving when you action call medevac manu.

3. Now, reinsert, abort reinsertion and RTB action was good working. Getting more better than before.

Ok thanks Monster XXX!

I know about the medic that don't heal you (I have to write a simple script for it). For the second bug I've corrected it ;)

Thank you!! :D

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Ok! Can anyone, please, try this newer beta on dedi server?? :D

@Medevac_beta_8.7z

It still the medic that can't heal but I'm working on it. I've (hopefully) solved the n.2 bug discovered by MonsterXXX and other many bugs mentioned by vengeance1 ;)

Thank you all!!

Goliath,

Ok tested in MP results:

1. You seem to have fixed the "Call for Medevac" (shouldn't it be MediVac?)

2. RTB seems to work fine as well

3. If you have AI in your group and you do a ReInsert the Helo immedicately moves to another landing area. Better if it just stayed as if it was just player.

4. If you tell it to RTB and you get in Helo it goes kind of nuts, it immediately heads to RTB, then gets there but does not land instead it goes back to where it was first called and hovers. Won't do anything until you eject. Good news is it recovers, and does RTB and resets "Call for Medevac".

5. Above happens also if you tell you AI to get in Helo and RTB.

Good News is you seem to have solved the AddAction issue. However consider if you have wounded and want to return to RTB which is a Hospital (like in my mission) it would be nice to have the RTB work with you inside and not have to use ReInsert.

Well Done! Great Progress!

Thanks vengeance1!

The MP scripting is very hard!

I'll try to fix the RTB issue and add the Heal action for the medic for the next version! I really want to eliminate all the bugs!! :D

do you also got some plans what you are going to add as specials?

mechanic for example? a real special team you know?

I like the mod but I need it without having to create a modfolder. other than that this mod is awesome!

Edited by Bulldog Six

?????????? what modfolder do you mean??

just paste it into "addons" and use it in the game

@goliath: hey you still alive?^^

Goliath,

Ok tested in MP results:

1. You seem to have fixed the "Call for Medevac" (shouldn't it be MediVac?)

Medical Evacuation -> Med-Evac -> Medevac

:)

-cl0ud

?????????? what modfolder do you mean??

just paste it into "addons" and use it in the game

@goliath: hey you still alive?^^

Well, I don't know how or if it works, but I would like to implement the mod into a mission I am creating so the content will be downloaded at server-join so there are no server-connection limitations that way (not being able to connect to certain servers because you don't have the file & also having to launch the game with the mod).

Would you know how to implement it without having to place the medevac module in the editor? Meaning running it scripted only.

why do you want this? mission takes longer to load if someone joins...and scripted it gives often problems with other scripts.....

he said he is gonna do two versions. one pbo and one script. right now the latest are only scripts.

if you wanna change something on the medevac module then just decompile the pbo and there you go

why do you want this? mission takes longer to load if someone joins...

oh please.. in the days of high speed internet it is a low price to pay to wait a couple of seconds instead of having to restart the game with the mod if you want to play on a server using the mod. not only that, it also limits the players who can join.

he said he is gonna do two versions. one pbo and one script. right now the latest are only scripts.

if you wanna change something on the medevac module then just decompile the pbo and there you go

this two sentences make no sense to me.

if the one available is script only, why do I have to insert a module in the editor to use it?

and I did. still need the module to be able to use the scripts. no module, no medevac.

my misson is about 5mb...........sure that doesnt take hours but it takes some time. time where you wanna kill something! and low price is one thing. in some countrys internet in dsl speed is just no available.

and i meant:

he will release two versions.since someone already asked for another script version.

version1:module version(pbo).where you add ingame the module and sync it with the group which shall be able to use it.

version2:script version.you need to add everything in your mission.which makes it bigger. and you add marker and gamelogic which executes the medevac.

in that you DONT use the module!

both versions are editable. the pbo just has to be unpacked. and by the way the pbo version has like told the bonus that the mission doesnt take so long to load! with medevac in the mission the other site dont need to have the pbo cause it gets transfered. also a plus.

my misson is about 5mb...........sure that doesnt take hours but it takes some time. time where you wanna kill something! and low price is one thing. in some countrys internet in dsl speed is just no available.

and i meant:

he will release two versions.since someone already asked for another script version.

version1:module version(pbo).where you add ingame the module and sync it with the group which shall be able to use it.

version2:script version.you need to add everything in your mission.which makes it bigger. and you add marker and gamelogic which executes the medevac.

in that you DONT use the module!

both versions are editable. the pbo just has to be unpacked. and by the way the pbo version has like told the bonus that the mission doesnt take so long to load! with medevac in the mission the other site dont need to have the pbo cause it gets transfered. also a plus.

your logic is faulty.

the files have to be downloaded either way.

either in the pbo version or in the script version.

if you joined a server running the script-version once, you'll have the files on your computer for whenever you want to reconnect to the server.

if you don't like that for some unlogical reason, use one of the other thousand servers available and go killing.

and with all due respect if you and others have such an uncontrolable urge to kill somebody, you shouldn't be playing such games anyway. in that case you can consider yourself a manipulated, confused product of a sick society and should quit enjoying videogames/TV immediately and start staring at the blank wall until you regained total control of yourself, your thoughts, your emotions etc etc..

isolating yourself from ALL your connections/relations helps in this process.

good luck and enjoy the journey of finding yourself within yourself, not out there somewhere. you won't find anything but misery and manipulation outside of yourself - truth lies within. :p

On another note, can someone plz help me change the chopper type???

Trying my first MP mission. I have Arma2 with AO patched to 1.54.

My mission has Brtish inf squad up a mountain. So obviously i'd like a british heli to come.

I've installed and implemented the module with no problems.

Except when i try to change the heli type and crew i still see the Mi17 and civilian crew??

I have saved the file., restarted arma, exported the mission file, u name it.

Also tried to check here on the net that i use the correct class names.

I'm lost. anyone help?

Heres what i have in the unit_array.hpp file >>

MM_WEST_ARRAY = ["CH_47F_BAF", "BAF_Soldier_Medic_DDPM", "BAF_Pilot_MTP", "BAF_crewman_MTP", "BAF_crewman_MTP", "BAF_Soldier_GL_DDPM", "BAF_Soldier_MG_DDPM"];

Thx

I had that issue, just recopy the Logic and Module from the Demo Mission and put in your mission.

Fixed it for me, had to do with a grouping error between those two.

On another note, can someone plz help me change the chopper type???

Trying my first MP mission. I have Arma2 with AO patched to 1.54.

My mission has Brtish inf squad up a mountain. So obviously i'd like a british heli to come.

I've installed and implemented the module with no problems.

Except when i try to change the heli type and crew i still see the Mi17 and civilian crew??

I have saved the file., restarted arma, exported the mission file, u name it.

Also tried to check here on the net that i use the correct class names.

I'm lost. anyone help?

Heres what i have in the unit_array.hpp file >>

MM_WEST_ARRAY = ["CH_47F_BAF", "BAF_Soldier_Medic_DDPM", "BAF_Pilot_MTP", "BAF_crewman_MTP", "BAF_crewman_MTP", "BAF_Soldier_GL_DDPM", "BAF_Soldier_MG_DDPM"];

Thx

The gamelogic will likely choose the "default side" of the location/place you are. Make the Game Logic like this: Make a Unit with Side set to "Game Logic" and and with unit: set to "Owner (BLUEFOR)" now synchronize that with the MedEvac module and synchronise that with the player unit.

Edited by Mav87th

Changelog (v0.30):

- Added: when player dies and teamswitch is enabled, all the Medevac actions are passed at

the new player's unit (thanks DMarwick)

It doesn't seem to work for me (I've got only OA and 1.55 patch). Well, more or so.

I've synch the module with the team leader (player) but if the player dies and switch to a new member, the new actual gains the Call medevac action but when you activate it, it does nothing (well, action switch to Abord medevac), the audio 9-liner don't play and the chopper never comes.

Any ideas what's wrong ?

Unfortunately it looks like the later OA patches have borked this script. I can get the chopper to fly to me, but after I release smoke it just hovers indefinitely. A shame, the module seemed really excellent.

Hi goliath86: I did not read all 65 pages of this post so if this has been ask sorry for the double post. My question is how do I make the MM_CHOPPER setcaptive true and the medic? I have tried in many different scripts to setcaptive true to no avail and I have tried adding triggers on the map to setcaptive true to no avail. Because 99 out of 100 times it gets shot down b4 the rescue and or after take off for reinsert. It really needs the setcaptive true on it for rescue and reinsert. Thanks, Robert.

Edited by SpectrumWarrior

i have a roblem. when i get the doktor in my team. how can i revive my wounded guy. i try many things but i can get a action for revive or something? do someboy know how i can fix that

I'm sorry if this is a re-post. This is a long long thread.

Good work, Thank you very much. It is cool just the way it is. I have just starting testing it in missions and in the example mission provided and when I and my crew get on the chopper it will reinsert us where I click on the map. This is a great taxi service. Then when we get out at the reinsertion point the chopper takes off and goes back to its starting marker and lands on its own. When we get out at the reinsertion point I get the option to tell medevac rtb and if I issue that action or not it doesn't seen to affect the issue I am reporting. After a short period I get the option to call medevac again. and it works properly as it did the first time I called medevac. I used this procedure several times to move my group around. Then finally we rode the chopper back to base only to find multiple evac choppers sitting around the marker. (I am using the script version so no logic, it is spawning and RTB to the marker). I then tested this by having the reinsertion very close to the marker and it does in fact create a new chopper every time we use it. Is this correct? It is not a show stopper by far, just a consideration you need to make in your mission editing.

Thanks...David

Only a short question for better understanding:

Is it right, that u can only use this module in MP when every person on the server is also using this module, meaning that all player have to load the addon @Medevac right from the start on? Is there no possibility to active it only server-side?

Edited by [GNC]James