Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Medevac Module

@ kremator......i have seen things..........................:P

anyway dont you watch action movies? they often fly over towns and throw granades out of the helicopter

there is nothing unnormal

Hi,

I get in to be re-inserted, click on the map and see a marker for being reinserted, but the chooper just hovers?

Forgive me but i did not read all 61 pages of this so i am just gonna ask it. I followed the read me and i put the @medivac in my install directory and i put the userconfig in my install directory.

I then add -mod=@Medevac in the short cut target line at the end so it looks like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca"-mod=@Medevac

when i start up in the editor and put a player and the module down then scync them i get a CTD and an error message that reads:include file userconfig\MM\unit_array.hpp not found.

I checked and that file and path are both there so yea help?

I am new at all this so i am sure i am missing something very simple and i am sure this may have been addreased in this topic all ready but 61 pages is alot to go through for something that may not even be there so please forgive me if this has already been talked about. Thank you for any assistance you can give.

Why don't you use arma luancher to start your game? It's easy and fast!

http://http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=89731

Place userconfig in your main directory. It should look like this Arma2OA\Userconfig\MM.

I thought you not change heli and unit classname from unit_array.hpp because it only for A2. So you have to change it.

You can find OA classname as follows:

http://http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241&page=2

Link does not work =( i also have no idea what you mean when you say i have to change the class names? I have the arma launcher downloaded i used it to make a shortcut for CO are you saying i don't need to copy the text into the shortcut if i use the launcher?

OK. If you have CO you don't need to change any classname from usergonfig\MM\unit_array.hpp. But if you would like to change heli and unit.

Yes, if you using launcher that mean you don't need to copy the text to the arma shortcut.

@RedCanoe: do you have tested the Module in MP or SP?

@hellsgate9999: the only reason that you receive that kind o ferror is because you don't have the file unit_array.hpp in the ArmA 2/userconfig/MM/unit_array.hpp directory.

@all: can anyone, please, confirm the bug report of vengeance1 on dedi server?

tested and works for me...gonna test it harder tomorrow^^

Thanks BANDIT2338!! :D

@goliath86 - It's in SP. Also, it's happening when I am testing it in the editor using "preview". Not sure if that is a problem...do I have to export it for it to work? I have it grouped(or synched, I can't remember) to a game logic as well.

In testing with Preview I noticed Medic does not Join but when told to RTB the Medic does get deleted and does not re-appear.

I will test further on my Dedi-Server.

UPDATE:

Once again tested with same results, Medic joins, RTB order given, Medic moves in Safe, Limited Speed mode, deletes then reappears infront of Helo, Helo leaves without him. Now I do run other mods, could be a mod conflict I will try a Server config with only your AddOn.

UPDATE2:

Ok with your AddOn only running in CO I get the exact same results. This seems like a easy fix as Medic is ejecting/Getout from Helo after being deleted. If you don't mind I will take a look at that part of the code?

Question: Could it have anything to do with the fact the Helo lands, then rises and hovers then lands again after RTB order, Medic is deleted, then helo lands? The helo does not do this all the time depends on landing area? ladder.sqf tell him to getout but GUNNER1 and 2 are not in yet as Chopper has not landed again? Just a thought.

Edited by vengeance1

When I testing in game preview the I have same issue with Vengeance, medic does not join. But when I board in helo the medic will sit in co-pilot seat.

When reinsert helo just hovers then I abort reinsert helo does not RTB. Same issun happned on dedi server.

Ok guys! I will take a look into this problems! ;)

Thank you very much!!!!!

blah. Ok i erased the @ medvac from the arma folder and put it in the operation arrowhead folder and now i don't get that error anymore. I put the module done then sync it to the player and start but i do not get any radio commands. nothing pops up. at one point when i put it down a chopper spawned right next to my player 0_o but other then that nothing happens no radio command=no calling the chopper.

Sugestions?

Hy huys! It seems that there is a problem of locality on "join" command. Now, I've deleted the command so the medic doesn't join your squad anymore. Now all works fine (Reinsert etc.). For the Medic I'll add a scripted "Heal" action to the medic to better manage the healing of your squad mates ;)

For now you can test the latest version: @Medevac_beta_6.7z

Just tested it on Dedi, Medic does not join now as you said so how does that work? Also looks like FlyinHeight is too low for RTB as it crashes on takeoff if not totally flat? Also helo did not respawn but did get a ReInsert from crashed wreck?

Edited by vengeance1

Thanks vengeance1!

I know the medic doesn't join you: for the "heal action" I will add a scripted healing action (maybe the medic, without joining your squad, will check it injured members of player's group and automatically heal them). For FlyInHeight no problem: I've added it for testing purposes ;). For now the helo do not respawn; the Reinsert action is a little bug :S

Thanks for your report! thank you very much! Really appreciated! :D

No problem really want this to work, have a whole Medevac area designated at my mission base. :)

I am not seeing also that I don't always get the "Call in Medevac"? I use to, but if I exit game and rejoin after starting mission it goes away? Did you change something there?

No problem really want this to work, have a whole Medevac area designated at my mission base. :)

I am not seeing also that I don't always get the "Call in Medevac"? I use to, but if I exit game and rejoin after starting mission it goes away? Did you change something there?

Can you, please, explain better this occurence? Is it in SP or MP (dedi or not)? So I can figure out the problem. thank you very much vengeance1!! :D

Sorry Goliath missed your response.

I always test MP Dedi, I used v6 and after first "Call in Medevac" did not get it again. Went back to v5 and it works.

Thanks vengeance1!! I'll take a look! ;)

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Sorry Goliath missed your response.

I always test MP Dedi, I used v6 and after first "Call in Medevac" did not get it again. Went back to v5 and it works.

So, if I understand, you don't get the action when you have already used it. Or is it a problem of JIP (you don't get the action when enter a game already started)?