Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Medevac Module

Hey Goliath86, nice module you got here :D I wanted to give it a shot and I downloaded it and did as you said in the Installation instruction and all, but when I try to insert the module in one of my existing mission, I can't seem to find the Medevac module in the Modules list :O. I am running standalone OA btw and I configured the config file with OA units and not A2 units.

EDIT: Nvm got it working :D ( I forgot to put a ";" between 2 mod folders in the properties :P). But now, I have ANOTHER PROBLEM :O. When I do the game logic trick, when I call the medevac, it tells me that the pilot is dead and I can't find the chopper at the game logic location. When I try without the game logic thing, when I call the medevac, it does the radio thing where it calls the chopper, but the chopper never arrives, even after 10 minutes :O. What should I do? Oh and that's what I have in the config file so I can make it work with OA but it doesn't seem to work. Where's the problem?

//West units array = 0-Chopper; 1-Medic; 2-Pilot; 3-Vehicle Gunner1; 4-Vehicle Gunner2; 5-Gunner Assistant1; 6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_WEST_ARRAY = ["UH60M", "US_Soldier_Medic", "US_Soldier_Pilot", "US_Soldier_Pilot", "US_Soldier_Pilot", "US_Soldier_AR", "US_Soldier_AR"];

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//East units array = 0-Chopper; 1-Medic; 2-Pilot; 3-Vehicle Gunner1; 4-Vehicle Gunner2; 5-Gunner Assistant1; 6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_EAST_ARRAY = ["UH1H_TK", "TK_Soldier_Medic", "TK_Soldier_Pilot", "TK_Soldier_Pilot", "TK_Soldier_Pilot", "TK_Soldier_AR", "TK_Soldier_AR"];

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//Resistance units array = 0-Chopper; 1-Medic; 2-Pilot; 3-Vehicle Gunner1; 4-Vehicle Gunner2; 5-Gunner Assistant1; 6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_RES_ARRAY = ["Mi17_UN_CDF", "UN_CDF_Soldier_SL", "UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot", "UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot", "UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot", "UN_CDF_Soldier", "UN_CDF_Soldier"];

//Civilian units array = 0-Chopper; 1-Medic; 2-Pilot; 3-Vehicle Gunner1; 4-Vehicle Gunner2; 5-Gunner Assistant1; 6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_CIV_ARRAY = ["Mi17_UN_CDF", "UN_CDF_Soldier_SL", "UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot", "UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot", "UN_CDF_Soldier_Pilot", "UN_CDF_Soldier", "UN_CDF_Soldier"];

Edited by sgtskywalker

Hey Goliath86, nice module you got here :D I wanted to give it a shot and I downloaded it and did as you said in the Installation instruction and all, but when I try to insert the module in one of my existing mission, I can't seem to find the Medevac module in the Modules list :O. I am running standalone OA btw and I configured the config file with OA units and not A2 units.

EDIT: Nvm got it working :D ( I forgot to put a ";" between 2 mod folders in the properties :P). But now, I have ANOTHER PROBLEM :O. When I do the game logic trick, when I call the medevac, it tells me that the pilot is dead and I can't find the chopper at the game logic location. When I try without the game logic thing, when I call the medevac, it does the radio thing where it calls the chopper, but the chopper never arrives, even after 10 minutes :O. What should I do? Oh and that's what I have in the config file so I can make it work with OA but it doesn't seem to work. Where's the problem?

Hi, maybe the problem is that you have write the wrong classlist for the chopper and/or men..I have checked the "UH60M" class for OA here but it seems that the correct class is "UH60M_EP1"..maybe even the other classlist in your unit_array.hpp file are wrong..check it and find the correct classlist for the units here..

hope I've helped you ;)

Hi, maybe the problem is that you have write the wrong classlist for the chopper and/or men..I have checked the "UH60M" class for OA here but it seems that the correct class is "UH60M_EP1"..maybe even the other classlist in your unit_array.hpp file are wrong..check it and find the correct classlist for the units here..

hope I've helped you ;)

I checked it out and yeah you're right, I had the wrong class names :rolleyes: Thank you very much kind sir for the help :D

@fighterman: you can open it via the editor

just "open with" and choose "editor"

got it i thought i needed some fancy software

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

gotta bug when u use the v-22 to be the medevac chopper it simply goes from flying fast to hovering perfectly still in about a second and then the soldiers jump out with no parachute and survive

Q1: I was tested on my own dedi server but pop hint "ERROR: There must be at least one unit synchronized with Medevac Module". I was synchronized with all unit and tested in game edit.

Q2: When player canceled the reinsert zone with pilot RTB waiting for next reinsert action but pilot do nothing.

Q3: When pilot drop player to reinsert zone then player waiting for next medevac. When player pop red smoke to LZ the pilot won't landing.

Hi Goliath

Running into possibly an old problem. Helo comes to landing zone, lands to drop off medic then leaps into the air about 5 meters and hovers. makes it real difficult to get into it. is this an old problem. Sounds familiar but couldnt find anything. Is there a fix. Playing MP on my computer as server.

hi guys!

I know about all the MP problems and I'm trying to figure out them. For now, the MM downloadable from the first page, is not MP compatible at all..I think that this week I'll release a new version fully MP compatible ;)

Thank you all!!!

P.S. If you want I can release an example mission, for test purpose, with the new version that is 90% complete regarding the net code (only the reinsert action is not working) :D

Edited by goliath86

well if you wanna have something tested then give us what you have got.

otherwise give your best:P we´ll be waiting:D

OK! Here it is the test mission..simply call the medevac support and try all its features (not the "Reinsert" option because it's not complete for MP games). Thank you!!

DOWNLOAD: MM_Module.zip

Can you organize the script better? It would be much better if all the files were in an MM folder inside of the example mission instead of all being in the main mission directory. When making missions with many different scripts it gets difficult to tell which file goes to which script. Organizing the files into a MM folder would help out a lot.

Thanks for the on-going work!

Thank you Manzilla for the suggestion..It is only a test mission that I use to debug the script so I have not organized it very well..but, if I will release other test mission, then I will put all the files in a MM directory :D

would be also nice if you could tell which bugs you were trying to fix with that last release......otherwise i can tell you all bugs again^^

would be also nice if you could tell which bugs you were trying to fix with that last release......otherwise i can tell you all bugs again^^

The only thing that I have to test is the MP compatibility of the addon:

- start a self-hosted server;

- tell at your friend to join you and to start the Medevac Action and see what happen;

Thank you all for the support and a BIG thanks to BANDIT :D

OK! Here it is the test mission..simply call the medevac support and try all its features (not the "Reinsert" option because it's not complete for MP games). Thank you!!

ooooh I like this scripted version. Anyway to leave as scripted instead of a PBO. Makes it easier to distribute the missions.

A quick test showed the following;

1. Helo lands, I load and it goes nowhere. Is there a command to get it to evac? I see reinsert.

2. Anyway to get it to not stop while waiting for red smoke. It gets shot down while hovering.

3. What is raise and lower headset

4. Looks like there are a couple of action menu items there but not visible?

Edited by gunterlund21

Thank you gunterlund!

1. To make the Medevac RTB there is a radio trigger (Bravo) (I will change this and create an entry in the palyer's action menu)

2. I will try to fin a good solution ;)

3. I don't understand

4. I'll see them too. I wil check it and solve ;)

Thank you for the testing gunterlund! Can you specify if you have test it in SP, MP self-hosted or dedicated server?

Thank you very very much!! :D

gotta bug when u use the v-22 to be the medevac chopper it simply goes from flying fast to hovering perfectly still in about a second and then the soldiers jump out with no parachute and survive

I have not tested the MM for the v-22 Osprey..I don't think it's compatible but I will check if it is..

I have solved all the MP issue (I think!!! :p)..now I am doing various tests in a MP environment..I think that the script is near to be completed :D

2. Anyway to get it to not stop while waiting for red smoke. It gets shot down while hovering.

Clear the area first. :)

Clear the area first. :)

I had to laugh.

And now that you know to throw red smoke, if you already have a red smoke in your inventory, u can get 'it' ready to throw, so when the 'request' comes, just toss. It'll be a little quicker. (You can try throwing it a little bit early. I think the MM will still 'see' that red smoke was thrown.)

Thank you gunterlund!

1. To make the Medevac RTB there is a radio trigger (Bravo) (I will change this and create an entry in the palyer's action menu)

2. I will try to fin a good solution ;)

3. I don't understand

4. I'll see them too. I wil check it and solve ;)

Thank you for the testing gunterlund! Can you specify if you have test it in SP, MP self-hosted or dedicated server?

Thank you very very much!! :D

MP on self hosted. Glad to see radio bravo go.need to be consistent. All radio or all action menu.

complete? :O goliath pls you have to add the 3 medevac support options!

make that all guys are standing next to the medevac and when you choose the type of support the needed ones get in!

would be awesome if you make medic support where a team of medics comes down and build up a tent and heal every one.

or bad ass weapon support where heavy armed guys come with and build up a static machine gun.

:P and for party the sexy chick support:P

anyway gonna test it soon again.got to work a lot so i dont get to play arma

complete? :O goliath pls you have to add the 3 medevac support options!

make that all guys are standing next to the medevac and when you choose the type of support the needed ones get in!

would be awesome if you make medic support where a team of medics comes down and build up a tent and heal every one.

or bad ass weapon support where heavy armed guys come with and build up a static machine gun.

:P and for party the sexy chick support:P

anyway gonna test it soon again.got to work a lot so i dont get to play arma

Good suggestions BANDIT! :D I will try to implement them in the future version..for now I've finished the netcode for the MP compatibility of the MM..here's the new (hope)fully MP version of the MM..I've changed the Medevac RTB that, now, is not under Radio Bravo trigger but it is an entry menu action named "Medevac RTB" ;)..

The test mission is without the Game Logic option (the chopper will spawn only after you have call the Medevac)..for re-add the chopper spawn at start of the mission, you have to add the name "gl" (without quotes!) inside the array MM_CALLER in one of the two Game Logics present in the mission :D