Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Medevac Module

i dont know if its because of the revive mod from norrin i got installed.........after every dead i am losing the ability to call that heli.........everything else works just fine........exept my teammember dont seem to got the ability to call them aswell when i got the menu........for some reason only one can call the medevac......

when i got the menu then he doesnt.........and when he got it then i dont.........

but that "call up" error after leavin a vehicle is gone!

great version! you almost got it done^^

Thanks bandit!! Can you try the MM without the norrin's revive script and report me if the error persist? For me the MM works well..

BTW Thank you very much Bandit!! :D

Just found this module whilst searching through the forum. I have to say it is fantastic, I love it, great work Goliath86.

AS

Does this work in OA?

It doesnt seem to. It get an error message saying pilot is dead. No chopper spawns at gamelogic.

Will you be updating this for OA?

I hope so. Its a great Mod. :)

Daza

Does this work in OA?

It doesnt seem to. It get an error message saying pilot is dead. No chopper spawns at gamelogic.

Will you be updating this for OA?

I hope so. Its a great Mod. :)

Daza

Are you using just standalone OA? You might need to edit the helicopter and crew settings in unit_array.hpp (userconfig/MM) to units that are included in OA.

Not sure if that will help, but good luck.

@goliath:

i still got it even with NO addon at all.........take your demo mission.......add a F35.....add to the description a respawn and see by urself........after the crash........after the respawn you cant call it anymore.....

ok bandit! I'll check and solve the problem! Thank you again!! :D

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Are you using just standalone OA? You might need to edit the helicopter and crew settings in unit_array.hpp (userconfig/MM) to units that are included in OA.

Yes, this should help with OA compatibility...just change the settings in the unit_array.hpp file :D

hopefully you can fix it^^

and btw what do you think about the multiple idea?

when you do "call medevac"

it asks which support you need:

medical support

weapon support

sexy support;)

Thanks for your suggestion. Still no joy.

The Module does show up in the Module list (First try it didnt because i had atypo or two some with some classnames, but i corrected it), and in preview i have the Call Medvac option ingame.

But no chopper spawn at the Game Logic I placed near player (module is grouped to gamelogic), Module Synch to Player.

Here is the changes ive made for OA version.

MM_WEST_ARRAY = ["UH60M_EP1", "US_Soldier_Medic_EP1", "US_Pilot_EP1", "US_Pilot_EP1", "US_Soldier_ep1", "US_Soldier_EP1", "US_Soldier_GL_EP1"];

I made changes to the other factions in config too, so they will be OA safe.

Any ideas?

I am running OA standalone because Steam sometimes doesnt want to load certain addons when i want it to run both Combined. And i forgot to mention im running Ace2 as well.

Cheers

Daza

@Daza,

Try this

MM_WEST_ARRAY = ["CH_47F_EP1", "US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1", "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "US_Soldier_GL_EP1", "US_Soldier_MG_EP1"];

It looks like maybe you didn't have enough pilots/units.

I verified this works on a standalone OA install.

@Daza,

Try this

MM_WEST_ARRAY = ["CH_47F_EP1", "US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1", "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "US_Soldier_GL_EP1", "US_Soldier_MG_EP1"];

It looks like maybe you didn't have enough pilots/units.

I verified this works on a standalone OA install.

Thanks for the suggestion Mosh. Still couldnt get it to work, i wonder if its from other unit changes ive made. Good to hear it does work in OA, i just need to sort out what needs correcting to get it to work. No doubt others will benefit from this too.

See Unit_Array script below.

//************************************************************************************

//unit's arrays to modify, if you want, units to be spawned insted vanilla's one

//by goliath86

//************************************************************************************

//West units array = 0-Chopper; 1-Medic; 2-Pilot; 3-Vehicle Gunner1; 4-Vehicle Gunner2; 5-Gunner Assistant1; 6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_WEST_ARRAY = ["UH60M_MEV_EP1", "US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1", "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "US_Soldier_GL_EP1", "US_Soldier_MG_EP1"];

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//East units array = 0-Chopper; 1-Medic; 2-Pilot; 3-Vehicle Gunner1; 4-Vehicle Gunner2; 5-Gunner Assistant1; 6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_EAST_ARRAY = ["Mi17_TK_EP1", "TK_Soldier_Medic_EP1", "TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "TK_Soldier_GL_EP1", "TK_Soldier_MG_EP1"];

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

//Resistance units array = 0-Chopper; 1-Medic; 2-Pilot; 3-Vehicle Gunner1; 4-Vehicle Gunner2; 5-Gunner Assistant1; 6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_RES_ARRAY = ["Mi17_TK_EP1", "TK_Soldier_Medic_EP1", "TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1", "TK_GUE_Soldier_EP1", "TK_GUE_Soldier_EP1"];

//Civilian units array = 0-Chopper; 1-Medic; 2-Pilot; 3-Vehicle Gunner1; 4-Vehicle Gunner2; 5-Gunner Assistant1; 6-Gunner Assistant2

MM_CIV_ARRAY = ["Mi17_UN_CDF_EP1", "Dr_Hladik_EP1", "Pilot_EP1", "Pilot_EP1", "Pilot_EP1", "Dr_Annie_Baker_EP1", "CIV_EuroMan02_EP1"];

//Globa lvariable to activate/deactivate sounds

//MM_SOUNDS = true; to activate sounds in the Medevac

//MM_SOUNDS = false; to deactivate sounds and let the sideChat to make the work

MM_SOUNDS = true;

@Daza,

I tried your settings and they worked fine for me. I have 4 simple example missions with each type for you to try.

You said you used ACE (you should only use mod you are trying to troubleshoot alone until you get things figured out). I tried it with ACE (mod-@Medevac;@CBA;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM) also and it all worked the same, but for some reason the Civilian wouldn't throw the red smoke. I'm sure that's an ACE issue, as it works fine otherwise.

sample missions (with your settings)

Hi Goliath. Quick note on multiplayer and dont know if this has been mentioned. Everytime you respawn from death you get another action to call in medevac. I died 10 times ended up with 10 options in my action menu. Hope this helps.

o:O well i you got some spare then gimme them!:P

after i die i am loosing the ability to call the medevac:(

and btw my buddy complained about some weird messages in blue which he got spread on his screen........(he was the client.i was server)

gotta make some screenshot later of that

Thank you guys for bugs reporting!

Please, if you can, can you specify if MP on Dedi or in self-hosted server? Thank you Guys!!

@Bandit: screenshoots are welcome :D

Edited by goliath86

Hi Gamerboy37! thanks!

After you have called the Medevac you have to throw the red smoke grenade

where you want the chopper landing; then the chopper will land and a medic

and two machinegunners will dismount :D

Thanks goliath86!!! This is one of my favorite modules/Addons and I use it in every mission I make. I have a SP mission I'm making now for public consumption that uses it. Thanks again for such a great module!

screens comes later for the blue messages.i am playing this evening with my buddy again and thanks a lot for continuing this!!!!!! its really one of my favourite addons!

but pls check the after dead error.........

and hey i want that sexy support;) some nice chicks which jump down from the helicopter and heal you (really set all dmg to 0 and maybe repair all cars and stuff in reach)and bomb away any enemy in your way:P

well if you aint doing this you should atleast do this:(BUT PLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSS:D do it)

add some smokes when the heli comes and gives weapon support:P would be cool.out of the smoke comes the death^^

and if you do medical support aswell then let them make some tents and heal you(set dmg to 0)

and maybe if possible Repair support:

some mechanics come and repair damaged or if possible destroyed objects in reach

Edited by BANDIT2338

Thank you BANDIT..I see that these errors are not caused by the MM but from

the VFAI addon which can be part of the mission..the error is related to a

userconfig's file that the VFAI addon can't find..

BTW thanks for reporting!!! :D

o.O can you fix that?^^

cause i dont know something about such a addon in my addon folder

o.O can you fix that?^^

cause i dont know something about such a addon in my addon folder

Download this..extract the zip files..search for the directory USERCONFIG/VF and put it in the ArmA2/userconfig directory..inside the VF directory there must be the VFAI.hpp file that the VFAI addon request..if the blue messages are only on your friends then only them have the VFAI addon (and need to follow this steps) and not you..

hope can help ;)

were do i put the config file

the config file goes in the ArmA2/userconfig/MM/ directory