Solarghost

Basic Objective + Briefing scripting

Could anyone please give me some basic ways of making objective markers by a game logic for like:

Destroy this "car" or something Obj1

Free the "CIA AGENT" Obj2

"Clear this area of enemy" Ob3

etc

And then how to make a briefing which outlines these and points to their marker names?

That would be really really appreciated. Then I can save it for future reference.

Thanks people!!

As for the markers I assume you just want to create a marker on an objective? or do you mean a task kinda thing? Need some more information on what you want to achieve before I can help im afraid.

Anyway here is a briefing template I sometimes use for coop missions:

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};

waitUntil { !isNil {player} };
waitUntil { player == player };  

{

_briefing = _x createDiarySubject ["briefing","Briefing"];

_x createDiaryRecord["Briefing", ["Info", "<br/>MISSION NAME<br/>Version"]];
_x createDiaryRecord["Briefing", ["Command / Signal","<br/>No special considerations - standared operating procedure."]];
_x createDiaryRecord["Briefing", ["Admin / Logistics","<br/>SUPPORT<br/>Support available.<br/><br/>RESUPPLY<br/>Resupply options."]];
_x createDiaryRecord["Briefing", ["Execution","<br/>COMMANDER's INTENT<br/>Brief explanation.<br/><br/>MOVEMENT PLAN<br/>explanation of movement plan<br/><br/>FIRE SUPPORT PLAN<br/>Fire support options<br/><br/>TASKS<br/>Tasks for the mission + expanation"]];
_x createDiaryRecord["Briefing", ["Mission","<br/>Describe mission"]];
_x createDiaryRecord["Briefing", ["Situation","<br/>FRIENDLY FORCES<br/>Friendlies<br/><br/>ENEMY FORCES<br/>Enemies"]];

tskObj1 = _x createsimpletask["Task name"];
tskObj1 setSimpleTaskDescription["Task description", "Short task name", "Task HUD"];
_x setCurrentTask tskObj1;

} forEach playableUnits;

I use the briefing section as I use the 'Notes' bit for mission hints + tips.

• Like 1

Hey man,

Yea like set tasks you have to complete, yup.

So if I were to make a marker, what code would I put in it?

like:

'somthing []this blah = obj1, advise completed once CIA agent has been spoken to, finish;;

lol I don't know how to code, I am useless so I rely on the kindness of others :p

Cheers bro

If you haven't yet, check the main Briefing how to thread. There's a ton of good stuff in there and even a template I believe. I just ripped one from a mission and changed it to suit my purposes.

Oh ok cool,

I have sooo many ideas for things but I just do not know how to do stuff properly lol.

And sometimes I get syntax errors in my missions which sucks. :mad:

I use this briefing manager and then i create a trigger with something like this in the activation line

[b]MAG_tskobj0[/b] setTaskState "Succeeded"

*The line in bold is the name of the objective, if yours is different, edit it accordingly

And the condition is whatever the objetive is, for example "!alive officer" (The unit/vehicle/whatever called "officer" needs to be dead for the trigger to be triggered"