Sign in to follow this  
Alex72

Test ACE gear "mission"

Ok so i made a small mission where you can test out gear in the editor. This is a very simple mission and i just put it together so that some who doesnt know the editor can mess around in there instead of the armory, and get a more random combat feeling.

Features: EASA Module, RAVEN Lifter Module, Ambient Combat Module, Secops Module & Vehicle Respawn.

Some ground and air vehicles are put out inside a very simple and unrealistic base plus you have almost all ammo crates placed out so you can start testing it all. Change the vehicles and crates/objects around as you like to test everything ACE and ARMA2 has to offer. And get thrown into a very wild war using that gear. Its gonna get crazy. That ACM module is relentless on full force. :)

Please read the README's to learn how the things work in the mission (and some more). You should be able to change everything around to your liking if you do. This is also only single player atm, but if you want a MP version just tell me and i put in respawn for you and your mates as well (respawn doesnt work in SP). Hope someone gets a bit of fun out of it.

Link: TEST ACE GEAR

Save the mission folder to: "C:\Users\name\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\nickname\missions"

Regards

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Nice one. I like these type of missions. No objectives, just destruction!

I moved it over to Duala for something different, theres a nice airfield in the south.

Thanks.

I am working on a similar one on Isla Duala actually lol. I have expanded it with proper air support (4 different ordnance) and with apache helicopter support whenever you need it (and you do need it hehe). Also the usual SOM support menu. Im touching up the base atm and i have marksmen in the the towers, guards walking around plus basically all features of ACE.

Will make it MP so anyone can have a random mayhem with a mate or two. :)

Could you make those specified changes on Chernarus too? I don't have Isla Duala ):

Could you make those specified changes on Chernarus too? I don't have Isla Duala ):

Sure no problem. Check back later today.

Thanks, this is great now that the Armory doesn't work with the latest ACE 2 update!

I'm going to start learning the editor, and studying this mission will be useful for that purpose too I assume.

Great. Thanx Alex.

I have read many people missing out on some things, because they are using only the armory, or just simple editor missions with wizard.

This should show many people how much is possible with this great software.

Great work. Danke :-)

Great Job Alex. Loving playing about in this mission. Looking forward to your New ones.

@Nazul. Any chance you could share your Isla Duala mission? I love that map.

SD

Thanks markushaze. :) Yes its a bit funnier when you can have AI's with you and go a whole team into battle instead of testing 1 thing at the time. The armory is great but im not too fond of it for testing things. I guess when you learn to use the editor a little bit it gets kinda redundant.

New version on Isla Duala.

duala_action.jpg

Decided to move it to the bigger base so you can add more stuff as you like. New is another

type of air support wich gives you 4 different ordnance to call in. JDAM, Anti Personel, Anti

tank and GBU (laser guided). You can also call in 2 Apaches when needed. Apart from that

its the usual features from ACE and BIS (ACM & SOM). If your new to the editor please

read the readme's. You will learn how to set everything. Tried to explain as good as possible. :)

Link: Duala Action (Important: You need IceBreakr's latest Isla Duala v1.0)

Save the mission folder to: "C:\Users\name\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\nickname\missions"

Regards

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Ooooh thanks Alex. Loving these missions.

Ha!! its like Far Cry 2 on Roids :D

SD

Edited by Soupdragon

Looks neat! We should mess around a bit in that mission that later on, mate :-)

Was going to host a server around 19.00h - you in?

Ok, I'm enjoying this mission and testing out all sorts of stuff, but now I have a couple of questions.

How do you call the transport helicopters to come pick you up? I can choose air support and "call helicopters", but that's just an airstrike. Can't find a transport option.

Also, I can't seem to get the EASA module to work. I landed my Little bird close to the yellow box, but when I went to the trailer and pressed "reload", nothing happened. Hope you have time to answer these newbie questions...

EDIT:

Ok, EASA worked on the A-10, guess it's not made for helicopters. Still wondering about the helicopter transport though.

Edited by Johan S

Transport works by calling "RADIO HQ" and then COMMUNICATION and then the transport option. You have artillery, air strike, supply drop and another one (cant remember im not at home). It will come to you and then while inside it - access the COMMUNICATION menu again and scroll mouse down to the transport option again without clicking it. Now go map view or point at any place on the ground from 1st/3d person view and click. It will take you there. Choose and click again if you want to fly somewhere else.

This is the BIS SOM system and i did not script/code it. It could been slightly easier, but thats how it is for now.

The EASA module does not rearm helicopters. Airplanes only. I think ACE will enhance it to choppers though.

I have a new version with all separate support to call. Air support, Arty (physical this time - real guns firing), Air transport, Supply drop etc are all now separated in the comms menu (radio). Only the non violent supports are together under the same radio call. Much easier and faster to call support. :) I also expanded a bit and made things nicer.

Will post new version any day. Thanks for testing it.

Ok, I didn't know that I needed to use "communication" after calling "Radio HQ". Thanks for the help!

And thanks again for a great mission. I'm using it all the time to test new stuff, and also for learning about using the editor. Looking forward to the new version.

The communication system is used in the campaign as well so i guess you never played it hehe. You will find a lot of stuff in there when you press communication after you radio HQ. ;)

The supply drop will drop ammo plus a humwvee M2 from a Osprey.

EDIT: Supply drop works initially like the transport. Call it and then click close to you. That as well as UAV support. Press somewhere close to you and UAV will start circling. And before you ask - the UAV works on its own completelly. What it gives you is markers on the map to show you enemies. And that it does really well.

Edited by Alex72

Are you sure? I seem to remember only needing to use the "radio" menu in the campaign, not "communication"? Or maybe it's just my memory that's screwed up... well, at least now I don't have to walk back to base wounded while also trying to avoid enemy patrols when my chopper or plane gets shot down. :-)

(Yes, I know you can restart the mission, but where's the fun in that?)

The SOM support (module) made by BIS always works by calling it in and then go to communication. They did this so you get more options under the same radio call. So you can simulate calling HQ or some arty battery and at the same time get a lot of options from each. To communicate with them in more depth.

And you can call transport (heli) or supply drop to get back home if you wandered far off. :)

Thank you Evil Echo. :)

Duala Action 1.1 ACE + Mando Missiles

DualaAction11.jpg

Ok new verision with Mando Missile System activated. This is an ACE gear testing mission but

i played around with this one and thaught what the hell and packed it plus expanded the read

me a bit more (also useful for earlier version without Mando Missiles) as i explain how to change

aircraft/helicopter in the air support script. Apache is added plus some hesco around the service

point. Ropes added for fastroping etc. Physical arty is in as well. M119 and MLRS. Support called

through separate menus as well. Bit simpler.

Mando Missile System

I urge anyone that hasnt tested Mando Missile System to give it a go though. It wont interfear

with ACE but enhance the experience. Aircrafts will be more advanced and the javelin is closer

to reality. :) I will release an update soon without Mando's as well.

Download: Duala Action 1.1 MMA

Addons needed:

ACE MOD

Mando Missile Systems (BETA)

Isla Duala 1.0

Regards

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Love the new mission, and Mando Missiles is a great mod. Really makes anything in the game related to missiles so much better! Again, thanks for sharing a great mission.

Ha! Beat you to adding Mando's to it. I added some of the CAWS turrets and SAMs myself after watching in horror as Russian jets came out of nowhere and destroyed my base.

Too bad Fraps wasn't running then. They were flying low and slow, so cocksure while they destroyed my planes in their hangers D:

Ha! Beat you to adding Mando's to it.

lol ok you win. :D

New in the latest one though is better radio system with added MLRS support plus some more.

1 annoying thing about the Duala version is always starting with the White phosphorus grenade selected. I always forget and go to fire my rifle and throw a WP nade instead. lol. killed my side kick a few times.

Ive been working so much lately, this mission is good for just a quick fix atm. It can be as long or short as wanted.

Hi, itching to try this out but not having much luck. I am getting an error message pointing to the ace_sys_ravlifter, saying it has been deleted and I cannot play this mission. I have ACE2 and Mando all up to date. Anyone else had this?

Cheers