Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Infantry - 2008

Bink- I was wondering about something with your mods. What parent you typically inherit with your soldier classes within the cfgvehicles. I looked at your deresrt mercs and black ops (I hope you don't mind) and you seemed to use mostly the FR_ classes for the seals and the but the terrorists you used the soldierwb class. The only resason I ask this is b/c I am working on different mods involving the adjusting attributes of the different unit classes and was wondering if there was any pattern to your inheriting the parent classes since I like using your soldiers as do most of the community.

Bink- I was wondering about something with your mods. What parent you typically inherit with your soldier classes within the cfgvehicles. I looked at your deresrt mercs and black ops (I hope you don't mind) and you seemed to use mostly the FR_ classes for the seals and the but the terrorists you used the soldierwb class. The only resason I ask this is b/c I am working on different mods involving the adjusting attributes of the different unit classes and was wondering if there was any pattern to your inheriting the parent classes since I like using your soldiers as do most of the community.

I think you got the wrong guy. The black Ops and Desert Mercs is done by Binkowski.

I think you got the wrong guy. The black Ops and Desert Mercs is not done by Binkowski.

Fixed ;)

Edit: Ninja'd by AnimalMother.

Edited by Laertes
Ninja'd

Oops- My bad:o. The same question still applies for Binkowski if he doesn't mind answering and has the info readily available;).

Edited by Mysteryman5150

Lol confusion. It's all good, I do some SF projects so it's easy to get confused. Anyway, if I'm using the following for SF's...

class CfgVehicles {	

class FR_Base : Soldier {};

class BINK_SF_TL : FR_Base {};

And the following for my Infantry...

class CfgVehicles {

class USMC_Soldier_Base : Soldier {};

class BINK_US_Rifleman : USMC_Soldier_Base {};

Hope that helps.

Bink- Thanks. Awesome to know. So basically if I modded the FR_Base then your soldiers would inherit whatever I give that base. That would allow for your SF units to be made with even better skills than standard army units. This is kind of what I am working on to create some variance betwwen unit types.:)

Alright, those who were looking forward to the ACE replacement pack are almost in luck. The addon is done. BinPbo is not allowing me pack and sign it. This is presenting a delay.

Edit: Ignore me, it's fixed and uploading.

Download link

Edited by Laertes
Incompetence.

Great! Downloading now and I'll test it tomorrow. Were you able to fix all the bugs like 2 backbags?

Great! Downloading now and I'll test it tomorrow. Were you able to fix all the bugs like 2 backbags?

As far as I can tell it's all fixed. The medic replaced and only one backpack. Then again I thought it was all fixed last time.

Note, before anybody comments, the garrisoned soldier has not been replaced purely because there was no appropriate model to replace him with.

Updated the replacement pack on the front page.

Can these and the replacements only be used with ACE?

Edited by december

I think this replacement is the working replacement if you use the Infantry 2008 units with the ACE config. If you use the normal config you can use the old replacement.

I think, but not sure. I saw the replacement pbo name was changed into lae_usa08_ace_repl.pbo refering to ACE, thats why.

But yeah, some clearification about this would be handy to make sure I do not remove another working replacement :)

I think this replacement is the working replacement if you use the Infantry 2008 units with the ACE config. If you use the normal config you can use the old replacement.

I think, but not sure. I saw the replacement pbo name was changed into lae_usa08_ace_repl.pbo refering to ACE, thats why.

But yeah, some clearification about this would be handy to make sure I do not remove another working replacement :)

You are correct.

Tested the Ace replacement pack and it works fine till now (not tested the backbag issue yet). On the old replacement pack for vanilla the medic and MG still arent beeing replaced.

So great work, thanks eki

Bink- I don't want to sound dumb but what does "lowered sections on all units" mean. I don't know diddly about modeling and texturing:o. I am finally getting comfortable with config addons;).

Sorry if this should be obvious.

Bink- I don't want to sound dumb but what does "lowered sections on all units" mean. I don't know diddly about modeling and texturing:o. I am finally getting comfortable with config addons;).

Sorry if this should be obvious.

the sections are the number of parts a model has...the more sections the more textures that have to be applied etc. This is a simplistic view of things but in reality more sections = worse performance if u get me.

Thanks Aeneas- So he basically cleaned it up a little for some performance boost:).

Edited by Mysteryman5150