Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Infantry - 2008

replacement pack for the Ace untits :D

Oh and sometimes the shadows are flickering badly on the units...

I think there are some problems with the helmets aswell, because when you look at a friendly unit far away they are displayed with only part of their gear and no helmet sometimes. also I think they are still to thin?

Well, a day off can do wonders. I'm working on these guys again, next update will include squad support (Squad logo will appear where a combat patch would IRL) hopefully some reduced sections, some of them are wayy to high for me. Not sure what else, any suggestions please feel free to tell me.

A Machinegunner. You never seem to include Machinegunners, only Automatic Riflemen. I'd be happy with that.

Anyway, here's a hastily put together replacement pack for the ACE units. It probably has issues, so let me know about any you find.

Edited by Laertes
Replacement pack

Awsome. thanks eki. I'll test it right away

Hi, great pack (like all Binkowski releases) and nice replacement pack made by Eki. I have one issue with the replacement pack though, maybe it's a known one ... If so, I do apologize. The medic still have the default USMC skin..

Hi, great pack (like all Binkowski releases) and nice replacement pack made by Eki. I have one issue with the replacement pack though, maybe it's a known one ... If so, I do apologize. The medic still have the default USMC skin..

That's odd, on my end at least, it appears as Binks model, in ACU.

This is for the first replacement pack I assume?

Well I have this issue with the 1.02 version. Maybe it's in conflict with ACE or whatever. I'll install the pack once again.

Well I have this issue with the 1.02 version. Maybe it's in conflict with ACE or whatever. I'll install the pack once again.

Not what I mean, there are two replacement packs:

The first replaces the USMC units with Binks units.

The second replaces the US Army units in ACE.

These are released separate of US Infantry 2008.

Ok I found few bugs in the new replacement:

-soldiers have to bagpacks

-no holsters except DM

-no replacement of automatic rifleman and medic

otherwise they are fine as far as I see

Ok I found few bugs in the new replacement:

-soldiers have to bagpacks

-no holsters except DM

-no replacement of automatic rifleman and medic

otherwise they are fine as far as I see

Alright, I'll try and release a fixed version in the next few days.

ok thank you. the bug with the medic is also in the normal version

The medic's bug only appears when I use ACE. Without it, the replacement pack works perfectly fine.

I have tried to check all other USMC's units with the editor and only the medic seems to be affected so far. Haven't noticed that for the automatic rifleman though.

PS : I have only installed the USMC replacement, not the Ace US Army one.

The reason the medic doesn't appear replaced when you use ACE is because ACE has a different base class set for the medic, Eki I can tell you what that is if you wish to add it in.

The reason the medic doesn't appear replaced when you use ACE is because ACE has a different base class set for the medic, Eki I can tell you what that is if you wish to add it in.

That'd be great, I was stumped for the reason.

is there a way to replace the main character skins in the game ( if not the model itself maybe just the face models) ?

Iv just now notice that some of the units at distance there helmet does not show. Dont know if thats been said or not, but just thought i put that out. Iv tryed to heal at the medic and cant get him to heal me. Just now notice this stuff as iv been useing your 09 units most of the time.

Well the issue with the helmet's and stuff not appearing at a distance is LOD's. I'll update it later. I'm to damn busy. I don't know about the medic issue. They should work.

Hey are I the only one that have problems with the replacements. The problem is that not all my soldiers will be replaced. If they are in my group most often the MG and automatic reifleman unit will not change. Same the officer should be beater if it changed with the batallion commander . I have ACE2 and arma 2 patch 1.05.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

The medic's bug only appears when I use ACE. Without it, the replacement pack works perfectly fine.

I have tried to check all other USMC's units with the editor and only the medic seems to be affected so far. Haven't noticed that for the automatic rifleman though.

PS : I have only installed the USMC replacement, not the Ace US Army one.

Not tried with the medic but my automatic rifleman and MG Gunner will not change with the raplacemet.

Hey are I the only one that have problems with the replacements. The problem is that not all my soldiers will be replaced. If they are in my group most often the MG and automatic reifleman unit will not change. Same the officer should be beater if it changed with the batallion commander . I have ACE2 and arma 2 patch 1.05.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Not tried with the medic but my automatic rifleman and MG Gunner will not change with the raplacemet.

The medic problem has been acknowledged and I will probably release a fixed version tonight. Nobody else seems to be having problems with the Automatic Rifleman and MG units.

The medic problem has been acknowledged and I will probably release a fixed version tonight. Nobody else seems to be having problems with the Automatic Rifleman and MG units.

okey wonder whats been my problem :/

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Here you se how it be, Now ionly use the ACE, ACEX and CBA addons and still this problem is. The MG Soldiers will not replace. http://img695.imageshack.us/i/uppload.jpg/

Well the issue with the helmet's and stuff not appearing at a distance is LOD's. I'll update it later. I'm to damn busy. I don't know about the medic issue. They should work.

K so its the LOD's and you know about it cool, cant wait for the update. No tic tock for it, as you say your to dam bizzzy. Keep it up.

okey wonder whats been my problem :/

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Here you se how it be, Now ionly use the ACE, ACEX and CBA addons and still this problem is. The MG Soldiers will not replace. http://img695.imageshack.us/i/uppload.jpg/

Ok I guess I'm just going to reply here, because you've also posted in my other army dudes thread. The reason the MG guys aren't getting replaced is probably because ACE has a new class name for MG gunners. Also, you posted this in the US Army 09 thread. You do realize that the US Army 2009 are built into ACEX correct? So you don't need to run a replacement pack with them. However these guys you do.

The medic problem has been acknowledged and I will probably release a fixed version tonight.

looking forward to the replacement pack. :)

I made a mission with the ACE 09 guys but there's no way I want to go click through the editor and replace each one with an 08 equivalent (pita) :butbut: