Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Infantry - 2008

what is a difference in US equipment from 2008 and 2009 ?

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

3527760.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1223][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/3527760.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1223]DOWNLOAD - US Infantry - 2008 (v.1.0) - [55 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

Always doin such awesome work. :)

The dirt on the uniforms fit really good with the ACU backpack in ACE.

Thanks bud appreciated!

Congratulations with the release, John! :thumb:

hello binkowski are these units also updating whit 6updater for ace or has it nothing 2 do whit the ace acu army units? thx dave

vilas said:
what is a difference in US equipment from 2008 and 2009 ?

The vest, mostly. The IOTV was pretty rare in '08. Before that, it was the time o' the IBA, bless its cotton socks.

Tested some more and the shadows are indeed messed up playing with NORMAL shadows. Its the same problem that objects have when moved from ArmA1 like that metal shed from Rhamadi etc.

At a little distance the shadows change into long messed up shadows unfortunatelly.

Emm... why did you make new side for them "US Army Infantry"? Can you just put them under "US Army" like before? Its pretty bad that nearly every mod about army has different side name.

...just realised it's quite sad that I know more about the US Army equipment than the army I serve in...

Know your enemy well :p

Are they client side replacement aswell or do they have to be implemented in the map by hand.

Great work anyway

is this not superceeded by US Army 2009? sorry just curious

I believe Bink just needed another name for these new units so called them 2008, although as CameronMcDonald was saying the vest issue was true in 2008.

They look very nice; very hi-res and better than your previous soliders.

Personally, I think it should be re-named to 'U.S. Infantry - 2007' as most U.S. Army soldiers were switching to or already wearing the IOTV the following year. But this is basically semantics. :D

Nevertheless, these guys look very nice.

Thanks for your hard work! :yay:

P.S. Maybe we'll see a 'U.S. Infantry - 2006' with woodland-pattern Interceptor vests and woodland-pattern PASGT helmets, perhaps? :p

is this not superceeded by US Army 2009? sorry just curious

If I recall correctly, there already is a U.S. Army Infantry 2009 pack released.

Edited by Laqueesha

Are they client side replacement aswell or do they have to be implemented in the map by hand.

Great work anyway

prompted by my whining :pet5: , I think Binkowski has committed to making the replacement config, dependant on his available time.

They look very nice; very hi-res and better than your previous soliders.

Personally, I think it should be re-named to 'U.S. Infantry - 2007' as most U.S. Army soldiers were switching to or already wearing the IOTV the following year. But this is basically semantics. :D

P.S. Maybe we'll see a 'U.S. Infantry - 2006' with woodland-pattern Interceptor vests and woodland-pattern PASGT helmets,

No, the woodland stuff was almost completely phased out as early as late 2004. The ACH became the standard helmet in late 2005.

Wow, I have to say that these units are absolutely awesome, best addon ever! :icon_dj::dancehead: