Sign in to follow this  
boytitanium

Remote Control Personal computer or great movie script?

The future of video gaming---the personal computer controls a modified environment much like a remote control. You have actual computerized realistic autobots-- The players you control are on wireless frequency from your home computer that you buy as a game muck like a video card except the video card is the frequency controller. Say you buy 60 frequencies for $60000 for a squad of 30 combat players and 4 assault vehicles and building atmosphere at a remote location. The atmosphere you play in could be surrounded by High definition camera's so your viewing experience is for the most part realistic, but ported for your pc. The company of course provides the atmosphere and autobots are bought like a video card say for example Terrain Combat Autobots. Wind effedts, realistic autobot shooting of ammo directly from autobot held weapon true to scale, etc. sound effects included as part of triggering the frequency to shoot a certain calibre weapon. All atmospheres could be calibrated from actual distances and built to scale in an enclosed buildable atmosphere including real grass, dirt, cement, bricks etc. the autobots could be fake skinned and calibrated from real dimensions to also look real. Helicopters could be built of actual same metals/alloys but to scale and would fly only in the atmosphere enclosure built. All effects would be real time. So you could incorporate massive industry to support this style of video gaming. The stakes would be very high if you damaged your autobots, so are the investments. This would truly be an adult gamers paradise. You would charge for autobot spectators, etc. and could be watched internationally as an event much like olympic sports on your local television or as said above spectate as an autobot for admission--- attend a large gaming complex built specifically for this atmosphere and place local bets on the events. All businesses involved would be in the stock market. Everything would be real except actually fighting in the atmosphere. So this would be an actual way of living, people would be actually working real time with the video game autobots. The atmospheres would be calibrated from real time scientific data in that area, etc. Workers would be replacing autobot torn grass from a tank, autobot replacement when wounded, etc. All would cost something to replace but the stakes are high and so are the investments, Adult gaming.

Edited by boytitanium
details

I'll have a pint of whatever he's drinking! Completely off his rocker !

I'll have it on the rocks preferably, what exactly is this?

The giant wall of text is growing.

How do I upvote this?

Although, it's just a mix of the movies, "Gamer" and "Surrogates".

The actual atmosphere would be enclosed artificial reality, so for example the scientist/chemist would come up with a material to support the playing environment, glass/plexiglass-- This enclosure would be mimicking all atmospheres on earth the sky , clouds, etc. from the outside it looks like a perfect copy of earth but on a calibrated scale. The glass/plexiglass enclosure would be inserted with certain gase mixtures to form clouds, fog, rain, etc, this is not actual but calibrated. Math is a perfect science so if you have a real helicpoter that can fly you should be able to perfectly copy the actual chopper, recreate the atmosphere and be able to control this recreation--Realistic Combat Calibraton. (RCC) and this to me is the future of realistic Adult video gaming.

The actual atmosphere would be enclosed artificial reality, so for example the scientist/chemist would come up with a material to support the playing environment, glass/plexiglass-- This enclosure would be mimicking all atmospheres on earth the sky , clouds, etc. from the outside it looks like a perfect copy of earth but on a calibrated scale. The glass/plexiglass enclosure would be inserted with certain gase mixtures to form clouds, fog, rain, etc, this is not actual but calibrated. Math is a perfect science so if you have a real helicpoter that can fly you should be able to perfectly copy the actual chopper, recreate the atmosphere and be able to control this recreation--Realistic Combat Calibraton. (RCC) and this to me is the future of realistic Adult video gaming.

Math can indeed adjust for scale but one thing you cannot do is adjust the rate of time. Smaller scales mean you need to "play" at a faster rate to counter the smaller scale, so I guess it cannot be done.

materials that can be used:

Camera fabric pixels, sheets htat would mimic the camera movements during in-game play. Similar to the concept of when you look through your t-shirt sweatshirt and you see holes, except in this atmosphere it would be fabric for camera movements.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-10281376-39.html

If you listen closely, you can almost hear the bong gurgling in the background.....

your comments are summarized in this website quote by Schopenhauer?

www.outersecrets.com

It would be nice if adults would rsspond to this topic, I am not even sure all these responses are even 17 year olds?

The atmosphere you built the enclosure in would still be relative to real time, just like someone in Hong Kong can speak with someone in USA/Canada in the same chat session, even though Hong Kong is actually in a different time zone.

Please follow the forum rules.

Edited by boytitanium

The atmosphere you built the enclosure in would still be relative to real time, just like someone in Hong Kong can speak with someone in USA/Canada in the same chat session, even though Hong Kong is actually in a different time zone.

But when you refer to "calibrated scale" you mean items within the enclosure are smaller than their real-life counterparts don't you?

it is a large concept--to involve real scientists to create an atmosphere for gaming using basically all of their applied knowledge to this day. Autobots would be 12 movement remote controls for the most part to fit the keyboard. w,s,a,d movement crouch, firing positions, running, walking, lean left and right. An example of the physics involved in the atmosphere would be a very calculated gravity and variable depending on the tanks, helicopters, etc. You can think of this realistic game as the living application for science, That you build an artificial atmosphere and scalable to reality autobots lets say for examples sake 4"-6" tall, they are based on human movements but to scale in this also scaled atmoshphere that is built from what a professional scientist would agree to be the best material for the atmosphere--the example I used for reference sakes was glass/plexiglass. So this enclosure is defined from also scienitfic calculations to be the best for the artificial conditions-- These are a lot of concepts without numbers for right now but no different then knowing the exact probability of why seals would be escaping to coves by sharks or the probability of being attacked by lightning or winning the lottery with so many numbers. This concept can go as far as making genetically modified grasses, trees, plants, etc. the atmosphere is for the most part a virtual gaming planet. The foliage could change realistically to the scientists will. Soils and dirt would be similar to Earth soils but suitable once again to this recreated and fully replaceable gaming environment. Now you can begin to understand how many scientists can be involved in this gaming planet. This can be done.

Edited by boytitanium
details of concepts

Random mutterings with no paragraph usage do not make for pretty reading, I'll give you a last chance to get to the point before I close the thread......

it is a large concept--to involve real scientists to create an atmosphere for gaming using basically all of their applied knowledge to this day. Autobots would be 12 movement remote controls for the most part to fit the keyboard. w,s,a,d movement crouch, firing positions, running, walking, lean left and right. An example of the physics involved in the atmosphere would be a very calculated gravity and variable depending on the tanks, helicopters, etc. You can think of this realistic game as the living application for science, That you build an artificial atmosphere and scalable to reality autobots lets say for examples sake 4"-6" tall, they are based on human movements but to scale in this also scaled atmoshphere that is built from what a professional scientist would agree to be the best material for the atmosphere--the example I used for reference sakes was glass/plexiglass. So this enclosure is defined from also scienitfic calculations to be the best for the artificial conditions-- These are a lot of concepts without numbers for right now but no different then knowing the exact probability of why seals would be escaping to coves by sharks or the probability of being attacked by lightning or winning the lottery with so many numbers. This concept can go as far as making genetically modified grasses, trees, plants, etc. the atmosphere is for the most part a virtual gaming planet. The foliage could change realistically to the scientists will. Soils and dirt would be similar to Earth soils but suitable once again to this recreated and fully replaceable gaming environment. Now you can begin to understand how many scientists can be involved in this gaming planet. This can be done.

Well there you have it, the idea as you describe it is unworkable because of the scaling. The smaller you make something the faster you need to "experience" it, in my Industrial Light & Magic book here there is a formula that they (ILM) use to photograph miniatures in order that their movements look properly scaled.

That formula is: divide the real object's length in feet by the model object's length in feet, get the square root of that number, and multiply by 24. That's the FPS you need to shoot that model at.

Applying that formula to your example scaling, i.e. you scaled a 6 foot player to a 6 inch avatar, you need to "experience" time at nearly 3.5 times the actual timeflow. I.E. if you were to shoot it on camera, you'd need to shoot it at a framerate of 83 FPS so that when viewed back as 24 fps, it looks scaled.

Not workable mate :)

For the record - all future gaming will be done digitally :) think about it this way - my DIRECT experience with working with 3D renderers on PC has shown me that games catch up with the current state-of-the-art renderers in about 15 years. That means, using Vue 8 as a benchmark, in 15 years you'll be playing games that look like this:

new_6_sha.jpg

vue-render1.jpg

1204_47793725204d62005764a401eb751b38.jpg

Well there you have it, the idea as you describe it is unworkable because of the scaling. The smaller you make something the faster you need to "experience" it, in my Industrial Light & Magic book here there is a formula that they (ILM) use to photograph miniatures in order that their movements look properly scaled.

That formula is: divide the real object's length in feet by the model object's length in feet, get the square root of that number, and multiply by 24. That's the FPS you need to shoot that model at.

Applying that formula to your example scaling, i.e. you scaled a 6 foot player to a 6 inch avatar, you need to "experience" time at nearly 3.5 times the actual timeflow. I.E. if you were to shoot it on camera, you'd need to shoot it at a framerate of 83 FPS so that when viewed back as 24 fps, it looks scaled.

Not workable mate :)

That does not make any sense to me that you already know the answer but you say it is unworkable? You are too pessimistic for this concept to work as an individual that does not mean there is not a scalable measure that will work for a scalable/calibrated autobot?

the pictures are nice eye candy but for the most part it is a non-interactive envrionment. My thinking would allow players to interact with trees, grasses, bushes, and everything would seem as realtiy except fro the scalings/calibrations. It is nice to play in a pictured atmoshpere but as I have written before there is no interaction, the tank hits the bush the tank stops and then the bush just falls over. What iI am describing in this thread is total emersive gaming where the tree branches blades of grass can be seen moving all independently of one another. I view this pc controlled environment as the future of gaming and the next step/leap to realsitic adult gaming. For the time being A very large 3-dimensional hologram that you can interact with on any scale is an easier way to picture this concept rather than having scientists actually recreate an atmosphere.

http://www.physorg.com/news168797748.html

http://www.turnkey-solutions.com.au/cam_mikrotron_mc130203.htm

Edited by boytitanium
detail concept

*shrug*

Whatever you say mate :) calibrated/scalable autobots FTW :)

noob.

(h)

Yes. This idea is just yes.

I mean, I'd love to be able to pay £30000 for 30 combat robot thingies, much more fun than placing 30 units down in the editor. And they aren't even robots for heaven's sake. Just models of people.

Autobots. . lets Roll out!!

Oh wait this isn't transformers? :D

The giant wall of text is growing.

Giant wall of text hits you for 4 damage. You fainted.

misunderstanding my thoughts--these autobots would be for the most part remote controlled by micro-chips much like processors in computers except they would move like Rc cars by frequency/receiver. So the w forward function would have a frequency attached to it to calibrate/program it to move forward with your keyboard key. The only part of the autobot that would look real would be a thin realistic covering like fake skin, the inner components for the most part are not destructible, but replaceable much like your pc motherboard or very good component R/C car.

http://giftgadgetgateway.com/i-sobot-humanlike-programmable-and-remote-robot/

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/roboticexplorers/robots_human_coop.html

Edited by boytitanium

And exactly just how does this "suggestion" apply to ArmA2????

Sounds more like a concept that belongs in "off topic".

(just sayin')

Most random thread ...ever...

Still, I find that "calibrated autobots" adds nicely to my techie conversations.