Sign in to follow this  
galzohar

Preventing civilians from exiting their car when shot at

I want a "civilian" to drive an explosive car towards US forces and then blow it up. However whenever anything fires next to him he exits the vehicle and lays on the ground even I set his waypoint to "careless" mode. Is there any way to force him to drive through no matter what?

How about change his unit to Guerilla (armed civs)? otherwise you can just lock him in.

I want him to look like a civilian, and I didn't see any Guerrilla that have the same models as civilians. Locking the car doesn't seem to do any good, he still gets out.

I really wish "careless" waypoint mode actually meant something... Does that even do anything?

units will always leave a vehicle which is not drivable.

this disableAI "TARGET"; This disableAI "AUTOTARGET";

Put this in the units init field. That will make your civilian utterly careless :D

Put this in the units init field. That will make your civilian utterly careless :D

Doesn't help, still gets out.

Note the vehicle is very driveable and took 0 damage, he is getting out due to civilians being programmed to leave their vehicle and lay on the ground whenever there is combat around. After a bit he will get back in the vehicle and keep moving, however he exits way too often in order to get to the enemy in a timely fashion (and the closer he gets to the enemy the more gunfire he hears and thus the more often he will get out).

Is there a way to possibly make a (friendly) guerrilla soldier but have it use a civilian class model? That is, have a non-civilian AI behavior but still looking like a civilian?

Is there a way to possibly make a (friendly) guerrilla soldier but have it use a civilian class model? That is, have a non-civilian AI behavior but still looking like a civilian?

The old trick of placing a 0% prob of presence squad leader of certain side (guer in this case) and then just grouping civilians to him?

Shouldn't be complicated, can't you just use Guerillas - Men (Armed Civilians)?? I think that's exactly what they're there for, the look just like civilians but start with guns.

If you really don't want them to have a weapon you can just do removeAllWeapons.

Shouldn't be complicated, can't you just use Guerillas - Men (Armed Civilians)?? I think that's exactly what they're there for, the look just like civilians but start with guns.

If you really don't want them to have a weapon you can just do removeAllWeapons.

combine above with: this allowfleeing 0;

Best thing I found was to use the "insurgent" guerrilla with no weapons. He doesn't look exactly like the other civilians, but if you're close enough to tell the difference he's also close enough to blow you up. I also set them as friendly to everyone so there is no problem with them not driving where they should and no problem with your AI telling you that they are enemy (you have to check yourself by firing warning shots and see if they react like normal civilians or keep driving at you).

Would be nicer though if I could get someone who looks exactly like one of the civilians, but this is close enough.