Sign in to follow this  
garbol87

AI driving skills

This has been probably brought up many times. I'm on version 1.05, im putting a convoy of 5 humvees on a road whit waypoint (Safe,Limited,Column) .

But the AI is still "stupid" enugh to hit a tree 5 meters from the road and it gets "lost" on a straight road.

What I noticed is that AI can't really drive in groups it goes very well when they aren't in one group but if one of them get's lost on the road it ends whit disaster... Is there anything that is beeing mad in that matter? I saw a convoy control script but it dosen't work that well.

I just want them to go nice and slow on a straight road in a straight line but no... AI knows better... To hit a tree that's not even on the god damn road...

Sorry Im; just a little bit frustrated.

This has been probably brought up many times. I'm on version 1.05, im putting a convoy of 5 humvees on a road whit waypoint (Safe,Limited,Column) .

But the AI is still "stupid" enugh to hit a tree 5 meters from the road and it gets "lost" on a straight road.

What I noticed is that AI can't really drive in groups it goes very well when they aren't in one group but if one of them get's lost on the road it ends whit disaster... Is there anything that is beeing mad in that matter? I saw a convoy control script but it dosen't work that well.

I just want them to go nice and slow on a straight road in a straight line but no... AI knows better... To hit a tree that's not even on the god damn road...

Sorry Im; just a little bit frustrated.

They're probably drunk. Have you tried hiding your booze?

Seriously though, I don't mean to slam BIS, but the AI in this game is frustrating to say the least. Fighting 20 enemy AI is like fighting 20 Chuck Norris clones while the friendly AI behave like booger eating morons.

As far as having a convoy... if you want it to look pretty, you're not going to get that. If you just want them to get from point A to point B, give the Move There command from the map and forget about them till they reach point B.

They do much better on their own than when you are trying to get them to follow you when you are the lead vehicle.

That method will work well for you as well, because in video games, life is cheap. Use the AI as cannon fodder and let them take point.

Sorry - how can that be true?

Everbody (?) remember the one nice single player mission from OFP/Arma2 where you attack a convoy?

The convoys go just as you want it.

I don't know how to program /skript it, but it seems to be possible.

And they are AIs.

Nobody else is there ... BIS don't steer them from Prague.

Its probably because the road network isnt working everywhere and the AI wont find the right path. Just wonder if BIS are using tools that show what is broken or simply AI unfriendly?