Sign in to follow this  
tequnique

ACE 2 No map markers

Hey guys and guysines!

I have been searching wide and long for a method to remove the (damn) map markers in ace 2 - so it works in MP.

Could anyone plz share how to do it?

Thank you very much! :) :)

Thanks..

I found this.. so it works in MP.

if (isServer) then {

ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled = false;

publicVariable "ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled"

};

HOWEVER:

Now the high command module does not work :p

Issit possible to make the markers show for the high commander only.

The reason why - is that I'm creating a campaign where the AI is controlled by a human Game master. I have a player base waiting and need this up and running asap :)

Thanks for helping out!

Thanks..

I found this.. so it works in MP.

if (isServer) then {

ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled = false;

publicVariable "ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled"

};

Why do you go to all that trouble of doing a server check and then publicVariable the boolean again? (Don't answer - it's a trick question) It's not needed. Just have the line as I wrote it in your init.sqf. That will turn off the ACE marker system on all machines.
HOWEVER:

Now the high command module does not work :p

Issit possible to make the markers show for the high commander only.

The reason why - is that I'm creating a campaign where the AI is controlled by a human Game master. I have a player base waiting and need this up and running asap :)

The ACE marker system is not connected to the HC system. The HC markers will only be shown for HC commanders, AFAIK.

Thanks for the answer :)

Ok.. so part 2 of the question has to be reformulated:

Problem: I see no markers on map either from the soldier PoV or the HC PoV.

- So there is nothing to select.. I see my units selectable at the bottom (F keys)

- however when I click anywhere - nothing happens.

I've set it all up as it should - so I cant see any reason for why it should not work..

The HC markers are displayed to the HC player when he or she shifts into "HC command mode" (CTRL+Space)

(I don't know if there's a way to make the High Command markers be visible all the time and to all the players.)

Edited by Killswitch

The HC markers are displayed to the HC player when he or she shifts into "HC command mode" (CTRL+Space)

(I don't know if there's a way to make the High Command markers be visible all the time and to all the players.)

I know about the CTRL+SPACE... however..

BEFORE I used the ACE init line you gave me - I could as HC be able to see markers both 3D and 2D on the map.. after setting it off - all markers are gone - even for HC -which FUBARS the whole intent of my mission - which is to have the HC control the AI team while the Human team will navigate with no map markers...

Get me?

I know about the CTRL+SPACE... however..

BEFORE I used the ACE init line you gave me - I could as HC be able to see markers both 3D and 2D on the map.. after setting it off - all markers are gone - even for HC -which FUBARS the whole intent of my mission - which is to have the HC control the AI team while the Human team will navigate with no map markers...

Get me?

I get you. I am unable to reproduce the problem you describe. In a HC mission I have here, I can have the ACE marker system enabled alongside with the HC system, in which case both marker systems are displayed once in HC mode. I can then disable the ACE marker system, which makes the map area "clean" if I'm not in HC mode. Once I switch into HC mode, the map icons and the 3D icons appear as normal.

Does it happen when you preview the mission in the SP editor or is it only when playing in MP it happens? In MP, is the mission run on a dedicated server or is it hosted by one of the players?

If possible, could I have a look at the problematic mission?

Edited by Killswitch

Thank you for prob solving with me >>> I will do some research and come back to you with some data :)

Just curious - how does one turn off these markers for everything apart from selected groups? Like, I'd like to see my squad on the map via ACE markers, but not the units I placed around the base just to look good.

Any ideas?

I am afraid I have same issue. I have just downloaded ACE2 and its great! Only issue it seems High Command and ACE do not get a long well. I have a mission where things work ok for first 10 minutes then you lose control of HC. You click move to squad but nothing happens at all.

Now with this mission we are using team switch in and out.

Any ideas/fixes?