Sign in to follow this  
Ish

Placeable IED's ?

Hi, I'm making a PVP mission where I want the milita to have placeable IED's is this possible too script?

Ever thought of satchel charges? :P Or do you mean a different model?

Well sort of proximity mines is what i'm after :)

Tips:

- make 10 objects beside road

- make 10 triggers on each "west present" with init "this && alive c* && IsServer" with *= 1 to 10 and make createvehicle a GBU/satchel explosion (use search on how to do that) and set timers 1|4|2 so there is a possibility that IED will explode too late after vehicle passes (near miss).

- make 10 insurgents with names c1 to c10, make them stealth and hidden near the IED position (behind a tree, rock)

- mark possibility of c1-c10 persona presence like 3%

With this setting you'll have 10 possible positions (hint: use chokepoints, crossroads!) and even you won't know which spots are active in mission ;) bonus: if your recon kills insurgent that bomb won't explode.

Hope I helped.

Edited by IceBreakr

Oh ok sorry, I'm not quite sure how to script that im afraid. Though I do know that the ACE2 mod has various mines such as the bouncing betty & claymores, maybe you could use those or find the scripts associated with them in the PBOs?

Andy455: I'll create a sample mission for you, I'll get back to you.

No need for scritping. :) You can create IED's like IceBreakr said very simple. You just have to learn some commands hehe. You can also mix bomb classes to make it look cooler.

Like my cocktail bomb:

woff.jpg

I will give you an example mission wich is simpler than that for IED's. Hang on.

No there is no need for example mission I think I just misread what he was saying :) I thought he wanted a scripted bomb that he could place while ingame and then it would go off when something goes near it. I can do simple IEDs fine, I just create a LGB on it with a trigger.

A bit offtopic now but I meant that for IceBreakr :P

For OP: firstly create an object that you would like to become an IED such as a car, bucket or some other thing & name it "IED1". Then create a trigger on the car (with a radius of 10) so that it activates from your faction of choice (Blurfor, Opfor etc), then in the activation box you can put this:

_IED = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createVehicle (getPos IED1);

This means that once the trigger is activated by your chosen side it will create an LGB in the car causing it to explode and killing whoever set it off. You can change the size of the explosion by changing the classname of the bomb to:

• (Huge) - "BO_GBU12_LGB"
  • (Large) - "Sh_105_HE"
  • (Medium) - "R_57mm_HE"
  • (Small) - "G_40mm_HE"

You can also add some other options such as timers like IceBreakr said for some extra realism.

Edited by Andy455

I would like to see example missions for the more advanced methods mentioned.

Pwease?

Here: http://rapidshare.com/files/334161099/IEDTest.utes.zip, I made a mission with the several ways I personnally use when creating IEDs

What they do:

• The first one (from the left) is one that will create a bomb on the car when the engine is turned on.
  • The second is a combo of two ARTY shells and one LGB, it is activated by blufor with some timers.
  • The third is a simple spawn 1 LGB on the car as soon as a bluefor unit gets within 10m.
  • The last one is like IceBreakr described, if you kill the Russian guy before the blufor man gets within 10m of the car, it will not explode.

All I can think of at the moment :), PM me if you have any questions about it

Edited by Andy455

Andy your examples were really helpfull!

There're at least two more solution you're missing and if you'd provide an example how to do that it would be GREAT.

We're playing 40 player PvP missions. We want 2 slots of players capable of driving VBIED cars and 2 more capable of on-foot suicide bombing.

Those VBIED will have some 3-4 VBIED cars at respawn point. The car needs to blow with GBU/LGB force with following conditions :

- the triggerman has to be a driver (or at least in the car) triggering by action like "Detonate the car"

- bomb is also triggered when the car is fully destroyed even if it's empty

- the only ones who can trigger the bomb by action are players on desired slots (eg. vbied1 and vbied2)

And for suicide bomber the conditions are simplier :

- a bomber has to have an action to detonate himself (also after every respawn) with a force of one satchel charge

- the bomb deactivates after his death

- the bomb is not in his inventory

Andy, if you could give me a hint/tutorial or a ready example mission I'd be very gratefull and you'll be put in our intro credits on all VirtualBattle2 project battles along with 2 other scripters like TeaCup and Skylight.

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work sharing your knowledge.

Edited by IntruderPL