Sign in to follow this  
ThaGZAgenius

Sound Editing

Hello all,

I am looking to change the sound of a truck in ArmA2. I dont really have any idea how the sound is defined. Is it in the config? Where are the default ArmA2 sounds kept? How do you change them?

I have a tut for radio chatter and such, but cant seem to find anything speaking directly about creating and applying a sound to a car/truck.

If anyone can offer information, or direct me to a resource. That would be cool.

Download the full ArmAII config and you can see the file names of sound files associated with particular vehicles. (ie search the file for "Truck" and you'll eventually find the truck definition and any other vehicles that use the Truck definition (like Urals) )

Available at Dev Heaven

http://dev-heaven.net/repositories/changes/cmb/configs/A2/unformatted/allInOne.cpp

In general, all sounds are stored in the Sounds PBO file, filed into subdirectories that describe the vehicle type.

Un-PBO to see the file.

But it sounds like what you want is, adding extra sounds to the game.

Search/Post under the "ArmA 2 - MISSION EDITING & SCRIPTING" sub-forum I'd suggest.

I'v been trying to get some cannons to use different sound effects.

Its strange though, I edit their config information and tell it where the new sound file is. But it never uses the sound file, always the original from inside CA\ yaddy yadda 125gun files.

{"\P85_wpn3d\sounds\T64fire.wss",

I repbo the folder p85_wpn3d with the new fire sounds and put it exactly where it should be but nadda.

Anyone have any ideas?.

I think there is about 10 sounds for everything,so name your sound differently and it should work.

I think there is about 10 sounds for everything,so name your sound differently and it should work.

This is what I mean, my sound file is named totaly different from all others and yet the vehicle never uses it. It always uses the vanilla one.

Too me this makes no sense, I must be doing something wrong.

Maybe some of the patches has changed it.Check Beta folder and possibly hotfix.pbo somewhere also.

Nope,take alook at existing sound mods and make your own one with just those sounds you want to replace.

Alright I have a mod all set up, configs are error free.

Only problem is I don't know what to put as p85 class in required addons?.

This is a mod to change the cannon sounds only, and it uses the sounds within chammys sound mod.

heres the config:

]///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// CSM version 2.0
// Vilas P85 Tank Weapons module
//
// Author: India Kilo
//                                                  Last modified: 14.01.2010
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

class CfgPatches
{
class CSM2_P85_c_Wep_Veh
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.03;
	requiredAddons[] = {"CAWeapons","CAWeapons2","CSM2_s_Weapons","[b]What goes here??"[/b]
	};
};
};

#include "P85_Wep_Veh.hpp"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Edited by TristanYockell