Sign in to follow this  
zigg

keyboard issue in multiplayer

me and some of my mates has been having some trouble with our keyboards stopping to work, either randomly on join or on respawn. this has happened before and after the patch (1.05) the only thing we have common is that we are running the steam version... any ways of resolving this issue?

has anybody else experienced the same problem? it's weird because the keyboard stops working, but the mouse doesn't.

I just wrote a post on that ...

Not only in Multiplayer - but when editing missions..

REALLY bothersome :(

It happens when I'm shot and killed...

The game does not freeze.. only the keyboard is disabled...

HAVE to be fixed!!!

yeah, i realised that it happens in the editor also... seems like u have the same problem as me

Same here!!

Since 2 days

Friggin Keyboards just stoped working ingame. Alt+Tab and everything looks fine Keyboard still working.

Usin Win7 64bit

Arma2 (Steamless)+ all A.C.E 2 mod features

After PC restart everything is fine

Edited by pJoNeD|HFD

It's to do with the BIS COIN module, seems it doesn't like ACE or something. Probably a good idea to not use missions that have it in if you're playing with ACE, or convert them.

im not using ACE, but maybe steam has something to do with it?

Don't open Steam UI in-game.

For example, you're playing Warfare BE, you open the Steam UI in-game and the commander vote message box pops out, the keyboard gets disabled once you close the Steam UI.

Any pop-up window/box in ArmA 2 can disable the keyboard if the Steam UI is open.

Does that include Xfire?

Because my keyboard freezes every time I have a program that takes screenshots or videos ingame. After installing it, when i go into editor or any missions, none of my keyboard keys work, only my mouse.

There a way to fix that?

Just happened to me today while playing WHEN DIPLOMACY FAILS online. Had to CTRL ALT DELETE.