Sign in to follow this  
cyop

Corpsman with heal trigger?

Hi. :)

After trying for days to make (to me) a satisfactory support team, well, I am at a loss. So, I thought if I could get a Corpsman with some kind of healling trigger/function attached to him, I would be good to go.

HINT: I do not know how to script at all. I would appreciate help with this.

EXAMPLE:

I have a Corpsman (in a Squad) disembark an UH-1Y. He is attached to the helo and has a support waypoint attached to him. After a few moments he will mount again... and that's it. - NOTE: I call the chopper/him in with a waypoint move order using high command, I make him disembark with a radio command, but I cannot get him/HQ to make him heal.

And yes, I know I can use an MH-60S, but most of the time I have needed a Corpsman that can come to me and my Squad (or what's left of them). The LZ may be too far for us to crawl to before we all die. Heh.

BOTTOM LINE... med in helo, helo goes (is moved) to squad, med exits, helo waits, med heals, order (send) them back. I have everything but the heal part.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I'm still playing around in the editor. :) I just wanted to clarify about, "helo waits". I mean hovering right above the ground. Right now I am trying to make the Corpsman work with the helo completely stopped. I just need this to work somehow.

Hi CyOp!

To add a heal action at any unit you want (if not alredy a medic) try this code:

create a .sqf file and name it 'healing.sqf' and write in it the following code:

{
  if ((getDammage _x) > 0) then 
 {
while {((getDammage _x) > 0) && _x != medic} do 
{
	scopeName "loop1";				

if(_x in ((getPos medic) nearObjects ["SoldierWB",2])) then    //Check if the unit is still nearby the 'medic' in a 2 meters radius from it
               {
	    _x setDammage ((getDammage _x)-0.1);
	    titleText [format ["Healing %1", name _x],"PLAIN"];  //Display the healing action
	    titleFadeOut 2;
	    sleep 4;

//Show message at the end of the heal
	    if ((getDammage _x) <= 0) then 
	    {
		titleText [format ["Soldier %1 ready!",name _x],"PLAIN"];
		sleep 5;
	    };					
	}
        else 
	{ 
		breakOut "loop1";   //exit from while loop because the unit is moved far from the medic
	};		
};
}
else 
{
   if (_x != medic) then 
   {
titleText [format ["The soldier %1 don't need to be healed",name _x],"PLAIN"];
titleFadeOut 4;
   };
};	
} forEach container;	

healaction = 0;

then write another .sqf file and name it 'healer.sqf' and write in it the following code:

container = []; //inizialization of an empty array

if (healaction == 0) then        //avoid multi-healing action at the same man
{
_trgger = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", getPos medic];
_trgger setTriggerArea [2,2,0,false];                                 //heal all West units that are nearby the medic in a 2 meters radius
_trgger setTriggerActivation ["WEST","PRESENT",false];
_trgger setTriggerStatements ["this", "_counter = 0; healaction = 1; {container set [_counter,_x]; 	_counter = _counter + 1;} forEach thislist; null0 = [] execVM 'healing.sqf';", "titleText ['DEBUG: End Trigger', 'PLAIN'];"];
}
else 
{
hint "Heal already started";
};		

then in the init field of the unit that you want to be a medic put this code:

healaction = 0; _action = this addAction ["Heal","healer.sqf",[], -1, true, true, "", "_target == medic"];

and remember to name the medic unit 'medic' in the editor.

This code make the medic unit to completely heal all units which are nearby the medic itself in a radius of 2 meters. This code don't make the medic play an animation but it can be easily implemented. ;) It display on the screen many messages that you can delete or modify. It was tested by me and it works. :)

Edited by goliath86

Hi. WOW! Thank you. I was having lunch and decided to check the forum. <chomp chomp> I will try this out later.

Yes, I would very much like to have the animation. I like the animations in the game, even the trigger pull.

With scripts, if I made a script folder in the (user) missions directory, would it be, in the unit initialization box... "\folder\Heal","\folder\healer.sqf" ...? And is a script folder even recommended? Annnd, if I save the mission to (SP) Scenarios would I then have to move the script to the folder (and change the initialization line)?

Man, even until late last night I was up trying to find some way to get the default editor 'things' to do what I wanted (using support, triggers, radio, code, etc). I have been wanting to play for days but have been messing around with this. So, really, your help is very much appreciated! I just wanted a d a r n Corpsman to get out of a chopper, come heal us, and then get him out of there!

I have a hard time believing, after doing much research, that since OFP, this is not implemented. I am trying not to knock the game, believe me. The other night, I took every single game off my comp but Arma II and IL-2. (I have been flying IL-2 since 2000, and will till I die!) I thought maybe I could get into Arma II like I have IL-2, but really, don't know how I will have time for both. I have already wasted a lot of time just trying to get simple things done that I want.

Anyway, again, thanks! :)

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I will report back later. I am guessing with the first aid modules the animations will work.

With scripts, if I made a script folder in the (user) missions directory, would it be, in the unit initialization box... "\folder\Heal","\folder\healer.sqf" ...? And is a script folder even recommended? Annnd, if I save the mission to (SP) Scenarios would I then have to move the script to the folder (and change the initialization line)?

The script folder is recommended (only to have all the scripts inside a folder for some type of order ;)).

If you put a script inside a folder you have to modify the code above (i.e. "folder\heal.sqf" and "folder\healing.sqf" but NOT "folder\Heal" in the addAction command because it's only a string and not a path).

Try the code above first without putting the .sqf files in a folder then put these files and the other yours in a folder inside the mission's folder in 'mydoc\ArmA 2\missions\yourmissionname'..then in the editor save the mission and export it like 'SP mission' and the editor will create a .pbo file and put automatically in the right ArmA 2's folder so you can find your mission under the SP mission when you start ArmA 2. The .pbo file contain all the mission's files like scripts, sounds etc.

goliath86,

Seems as though it is doing exactly what it is designed to do. Thank you very much for the medic. Unfortunately, I still do not have a mobile, helo medic.

I have to find out how to submit requests to the devs. This should be something, at least in my opinion, that a person should be able to do from the editor.

And for anyone's sake, just to be clear, I am just trying to take the basic, waypoint support function... and finish it... like it should have been done to begin with. But, from all the time I have spent with the basic tools available to a newbie, like me, I guess it just can not be done (by a newbie like me). Oh, well... Бить баклуши.

That's OK. I might (might) give up editing, but I am still going to get into the game! :)

Do not worry CyOp..I'm still finishing a little and simple script that allow you to call in the helo, disembark the medic (with the helo hovering and NOT landing ;) ), re-mount the medic and the helo return to base..:D

WOW, again! Thanks.

You will not believe this, but I have been up all night still playing with this. I am suppose to be waking up in a little while. :eek:

CYA

What would help is if support waypoints worked in multiplayer, it's been broken since OFP. Would make setting up a whole situation like this for medics, ammo, refueling etc a lot easier.

Well, Arma II finally got me. I will not get anything done today, that's for sure. Heh heh.

OK, I have absolutely no trouble setting up an empty UH-1Y, with the option to leave all the turrets manned, and have either the Corpsman or the Pilot disembark, or both. Then get them back in and fly them off. But as soon as I try and give the Corpsman the support function, I can get a combination of things right, but not all of them at the same time.

I have not researched this... can something be attached to the actual human player? (I doubt it.) If not, then the helo? So, when the Corpsman gets out, I could use the default actions to call him for support.

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

What would help is if support waypoints worked in multiplayer, it's been broken since OFP. Would make setting up a whole situation like this for medics, ammo, refueling etc a lot easier.

Yes, that is what I was saying earlier when I mentioned about researching this. IMO, some things such as this, in a 'sim' such as this, should just absolutely be implemented by default, if not, at least in the editor.

I made a ticket about it, feel free to vote it arrow_090.png if you have an account.

i just wanna stick my 2 cents:

in OFP and A1 it was better to have "heal" option when you were near any medic

it was better for SP missions than A2 functioning of "heal"

The script is near to be done and it works very well till now..with mine scripts is possible to go near the medics and receive the action "heal" like in ArmA 1 or OFP in your normal menu..if you go far from medics this action disappear..its attached to the medic..

Hi guys! Here it is mine working code. It still a WIP but for now it works very well:

write in a .sqf file named 'heli.sqf' the following code:

//*********************************************************************************
//heli.sqf
//this script permit to call a medevac chopper that will go to the player,
//a corpsman dismount the chopper and willo go near the player position
//to heal all soldiers at player command
//*********************************************************************************

if (start == 1) then { //check if this script is already active

created = 0;
start = 0; //do not permit that another activation of this script can be launched before its end
ready = 0; //permit the 'Return to base' action of the mh60s
action1 = 0; //initialize action1 variable

//initial radio messages
player sideChat "HQ we need medic support, over";
sleep 4;
PAPABEAR=[West,"HQ"]; 
PAPABEAR SideChat "Roger that! Helicopter medic support sended at your coordinates. ETA 1 minute";
sleep 4;
player sideChat "Roger HQ. Over";

//creating western groups
beta = createGroup west;
alpha = createGroup west;
charlie = createGroup west;

//-------------------------------------- Create Units --------------------------------------------
uh60 = createVehicle ["MH60S", getMarkerPos "marker1", [], 0, "FLY"];  //create an empty mh60s
uh60 addEventHandler ["Engine", {scrip = _this execVM "rescue.sqf"}];//eventHandler that check if helo touches ground (destroyed or heavily damaged)
uh60 addEventHandler ["killed", "terminate scrip; hint 'Medevac helicopter is blowned up'; terminate null0; start = 1"]; //add a killed event handler to the chopper

soldier1 = beta createUnit ["FR_OHara", getMarkerPos "marker1", [], 0, "NONE"]; //create the corpsman
soldier1 moveInCargo uh60;  //embark soldier1 in the mh60s
soldier1 addEventHandler ["killed", {_this execVM "aborted.sqf"}];

soldier2 = beta createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_GL", getMarkerPos "marker1", [], 0, "NONE"]; //create a unit
soldier2 moveInCargo uh60;  //embark soldier2 in the mh60s

soldier3 = beta createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_MG", getMarkerPos "marker1", [], 0, "NONE"]; //create a unit
soldier3 moveInCargo uh60;  //embark soldier3 in the mh60s

pilot1 = beta createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", getMarkerPos "marker1", [], 0, "NONE"]; //create a pilot for mh60s
pilot1 moveInDriver uh60;  //embark pilot1 in the mh60s

pilot2 = beta createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot", getMarkerPos "marker1", [], 0, "NONE"]; //create a co-pilot for mh60s
pilot2 moveInGunner uh60;  //embark pilot2 in the mh60s

//-------------------------------------- Create waypoints ----------------------------------------
_wp1 = beta addWaypoint [position player,0]; //add a waypoint at the pilot which moves nearby the player position
[beta, 1] setWaypointType "MOVE";
[beta, 1] setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
//[beta, 1] setWaypointStatements ["true", ""]; //indicates when the helo is nearby the player position

waitUntil{uh60 in ((getPos player) nearObjects ["MH60S",1000])}; //when the helo is nearby the player
pilot1 sideChat "We are near your last position, throw a smoke grenade so we can easily find your position, sir";

action1 = player addAction ["Throw smoke", "throwing.sqf"];

waitUntil{created == 1};
sleep 4;

pilot1 sideChat "We see the purple smoke, sir";
sleep 3;
pilot1 sideChat "Approaching to landing zone";

_wp2 = beta addWaypoint [position player,0]; //add a waypoint at the mh60s to get near the player position
[beta, 2] setWaypointType "UNLOAD";
[beta, 2] setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

//don't allow soldier to gat damage when dismount
soldier1 allowDamage false;
soldier2 allowDamage false;
soldier3 allowDamage false;

//-------------------------- corpsman disembarked -------------------------------------------
waitUntil{(getPosATL soldier1) select 2 < 0.5}; //wait the helo flying in height below 2m before moving the corpsman

//re-allow soldier to get damage
soldier1 allowDamage true;
soldier2 allowDamage true;
soldier3 allowDamage true;

_trg = createTrigger["EmptyDetector",[0,0,0]]; //create a radio trigger to abort the medevac mission
_trg setTriggerArea[5,5,0,false];
_trg setTriggerActivation["BRAVO","PRESENT",false];
_trg setTriggerStatements["this", "ready = 1", ""];
_trg setTriggerText "Return to base"; 

pilot1 sideChat "Heli support in position sir!";

soldier1 moveTo (position player); //move the corpsman nearby the player
soldier1 setUnitPos "Middle";
[soldier2, soldier3] join charlie;
[pilot1, pilot2] join alpha; //pilots join a dummy group to prevent the mh60s go into formation 

_wps1 = charlie addWaypoint [position uh60,0]; //units guard the landing point of the mh60s
[charlie, 1] setWaypointType "MOVE";
[charlie, 1] setWaypointBehaviour "SAFE";
[charlie, 1] setWaypointCompletionRadius 10; 
soldier2 setUnitPos "Middle";
soldier3 setUnitPos "Middle";

waitUntil{ready == 1}; //wait orders from player to get in the mh60s

_wp3 = beta addWaypoint [position uh60,0]; //add a waypoint at the corpsman to get in the mh60s after doing his job
[beta, 3] setWaypointType "GETIN";
[beta, 3] setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

waitUntil{soldier1 in (crew uh60)}; //wait soldier1 to get in the mh60s
[pilot1, pilot2, soldier2, soldier3] join beta; //rejoin pilots and units to group beta (corpsman's group)

sleep 5;
uh60 flyInHeight 150; //restore the flying height of the mh60s

_wp4 = beta addWaypoint [getMarkerPos "marker1",0]; //add a waypoint at the pilot to return to base
[beta, 4] setWaypointType "MOVE";
[beta, 4] setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
[beta, 4] setWaypointStatements ["true", "deleteVehicle uh60; deleteVehicle pilot1; deleteVehicle pilot2; deleteVehicle soldier1; deleteVehicle soldier2; deleteVehicle soldier3; start = 1 hint 'Medevac Chopper available'"]; //set the helo to hovering instead landing

}
else {
   player sideChat "Heli support already active, sir..";
}

then write in a .sqf file named 'throwing.sqf' the following code:

//throwing.sqf
//this script make the player throwing (or putting down) a purple smoke grenade
//to permit the mh60s to get the player's position

player removeAction action1; //remove the 'Throw smoke' action from the player's menu
player sideChat "Roger that! I'm throwing now the smoke grenade, over";

sleep 1; //pause to simulate the take of a grenade from the backpack

//throwing the smoke grenade
player addMagazine "SmokeShellPurple";
player selectWeapon "SmokeShellMuzzle";
player fire "SmokeShellMuzzle";

//uncomment the three lines below (and comment the three lines above!) to put the smoke grenade instead throwing
//player playMove "AinvPknlMstpSnonWnonDnon_3"; //play the put animation for the smoke grenade
//sleep 2;
//_smoke = "SmokeShellPurple" createVehicle (position player); //create the smoke grenade

sleep 6; //pause to simulate that pilot of the mh60s wait to see the smoke before landing
created = 1;

write another file named 'aborted.sqf' and put in it this code:

//aborted.sqf
//this script is activated only when the corpsman dead and make the helicopter
//to return to base and make correctly ending all previous scripts

if(alive uh60) then{        //check if mh60s is still alive
sleep 3;
deleteVehicle soldier1; //delete the corpsman's model

_way_count = waypoints beta; //array that countain all the references about beta's waypoints

terminate null0; //terminate the 'heli.sqf' script

{
	deleteWaypoint _x; //delete all the waypoints for beta
} forEach _way_count;	

[pilot1, pilot2, soldier2, soldier3] join beta; // regroup all units

_wp8 = beta addWaypoint [position uh60,0]; //make all the units to get in the mh60s if eventually dismounted
_wp8 setWaypointType "GETIN";
_wp8 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

player removeAction action1; //remove the Throw Smoke action
hint "corpsman is dead..medevac is returning to base";

_wpret = beta addWaypoint [getMarkerPos "marker1",0]; //make the helo to RTB
_wpret setWaypointType "MOVE"; 
_wpret setWaypointStatements ["true", "deleteVehicle uh60; deleteVehicle pilot1; deleteVehicle pilot2; deleteVehicle soldier1; deleteVehicle soldier2; deleteVehicle soldier3; start = 1"];
}
else{    //if mh60s not alive terminate the 'heli.sqf' scripts 
terminate null0;
player removeAction action1;
start = 1;
}

then write the last file named 'rescue.sqf' and write in it:

//rescue.sqf
//this script is activated only when the chopper is heavily damaged and make
//an emergency landing but it will not blown up

waitUntil{(getPosATL uh60) select 2 < 0.5}; //wait the chopper to touch ground

sleep 7; //pause to wait if heli blown up against some objects

if(!alive uh60) then {terminate scrip};

soldier1 removeAllEventHandlers "killed"; //remove all killed event handlers to the corpsman
uh60 removeAllEventHandlers "killed"; //remove all killed event handlers to the mh60s	
player removeAction action1; //remove the eventually present player action "Throw smoke"

[pilot1, pilot2, soldier2, soldier3] join beta; // regroup all units

_way_count = waypoints beta; //array that countain all the references about beta's waypoints

terminate null0; //terminate the 'heli.sqf' script

{
deleteWaypoint _x; //delete all the waypoints for beta
} forEach _way_count;

doStop [pilot1, pilot2, soldier2]; //pilots and one unit remain to guard the crash site

if(!(soldier1 in ((position player) nearObjects ["SoldierWB", 200]))) then{ //check if survived units are NOT near player's position
doStop [soldier1, soldier3];
};	

hint "Medevac helo is heavily damaged..crash site marked on your map"; //create a red marker at the crash site
_mkr = createMarker ["marker2", position uh60];
"marker2" setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
"marker2" setMarkerBrush "SOLID";
"marker2" setMarkerSize [50, 50];
"marker2" setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
sleep 4;
hint "Maybe some unit are still alive..check the crash site area if you can";
sleep 10;
start = 1;

then write in the initfield area of the player's unit the line:

start = 1

then put a trigger in the editor which is activated by Radio Alpha (or whatever you want) and put in its 'On activation' field this code:

null0 = [] execVM "heli.sqf"

now, put a marker in the editor (of any type) far from the player and name it exactly marker1 (it's the location where the helicopter will be spawned)

At Radio Alpha calling this code create an helicopter and its crews and move the helicopter near the position of the player; then the player give the action 'Throw smoke'; only after player throw the smoke, the helicopter approach near the player itself; after this the corpsman (soldier1) disembark and run to the player; even other two soldiers disembark from the helicopter to cover the landing zone and they stay at the landing zone. After that, if the player activate Radio Bravo (which is created dinamically via the script, so you DON'T need to put a Radio Bravo trigger in the editor!) the corpsman remount in the helicopter, even the two other soldier (only after the corpsman is mounted: the first give the correct cover at the corpsman and then they mount in the heli; it's a correct military procedure) and return to base (the helicopter and all its crews will be deleted when far from the player).

It's already possible to make this script to work with mine previous script (on the first page of this thread) with some little modification at this scripts.

Otherwise it works very well.

P.S. the helo do not land but hover over the landing zone and wait for the corpsman to remount.

Edited by goliath86

goliath86, you're alright, man! :bounce3:

(BTW, I voted. I have to learn more about DH and how to use it.)

OK, goliath86, so far the MG always dies when he dismounts. Maybe because I am on a hill l side. Don't know. I am trying to make him the other turret crewman (gunner, which will not dismount).

Also, I did not know text in the sim was always CAPS. YUK! I don't use messages. I am trying to see if I can change that. From what I can tell it cannot be changed? Yes?

For now, those two things are enough for me.

goliath86, for you're consideration and diligence, may I wish for you that the fleas of a thousand camels infest your enemies arm pits! Or, just have a good day, and thanks again!

I'll report back.

goliath86, you're alright, man! :bounce3:

(BTW, I voted. I have to learn more about DH and how to use it.)

OK, goliath86, so far the MG always dies when he dismounts. Maybe because I am on a hill l side. Don't know. I am trying to make him the other turret crewman (gunner, which will not dismount).

Also, I did not know text in the sim was always CAPS. YUK! I don't use messages. I am trying to see if I can change that. From what I can tell it cannot be changed? Yes?

For now, those two things are enough for me.

goliath86, for you're consideration and diligence, may I wish for you that the fleas of a thousand camels infest your enemies arm pits! Or, just have a good day, and thanks again!

I'll report back.

Hi CyOp!

I've edited the above script so soldiers don't die when dismount the chopper. The radio chatter is always upper case..if you don't like it then you may comment out the code player sideChat "....." so you don't receive any radio messages..

BTW the script is WIP ;)

Hey! :)

Yeah, I noticed you edited. I worked on this for hours before I realized it. :p I pretty much did what you were thinking, except I still needed to move/change the damage.

It's very much OK, though, that you edited. I could not have done anything at all without your help.

I am just about to redo what I have with your new edit. Let's see if I can properly post what I have. (Just the heli.sqf.) Mine is WIP, too, of course.

-

Err, I broke it! Heh heh. Working on it.

I am fixing it so it at least works. I was messing with it when I posted. I was trying to create an alive !alive array because of the dead MG. (Plus, some other things, just messing around.)

Edited by CyOp

I need an alive !alive array. I am new to this, but anything I mess with I want to try and make work in MP (of course, after I can make it work in SP). IIRC, I found a good thread on that, but since yesterday, I cannot find it again.

At this point, just so I can get some other things done. I am just going to delete soldier3, and comment out the damage lines.

Sorry, I meant to edit.

Edited by CyOp

I've modified the script above..unit will now dismount without problem (getting killed by the helo hovering too high)..added new animation for throw the smoke..and manage the soldier1's death..Now I'm finishing to manage even the helicopter's destruction..It works fine for me..;)

I've modified the script above..unit will now dismount without problem (getting killed by the helo hovering too high)..added new animation for throw the smoke..and manage the soldier1's death..Now I'm finishing to manage even the helicopter's destruction..It works fine for me..;)

Well, yes, even the first one worked good. I had it where there were turret gunners and a co-pilot, and the Corpsman would join my Squad. No biggie, just little changes, but a learning experience for me.

Anyway, I am too slow to keep up with you, but I am trying. :) No sense posting what I have, since your last changes pretty much voids mine. Heh.

Hi CyOp!

I've finally made the 'beta' version of this script (I've updated the script in mine previous post). Now the scripts correctly manage all (i hope! ;)) the events that may occur during a game using these scripts. Maybe, if I will not find others bugs, I will add some more to this scripts (more animation, better radio chatter etc.). For now I will test it for a while. I hope I helped you.

Goliath

Hi!

I just got back to the computer, so I have not done anything new.

I want to post what I have of the old script, just so you can tell me how I broke the helo RTB. It might just be the marker, seeing as how I finally noticed I never placed one.

Helped? Yeah, I guess you could say that. You did all the work! :)

I've added all this script in one module that anyone can simply put in a mission via the editor (F7) and synchronize it with the player so he can has the Medevac call function in his menu..no more creating .sqf file to add in the mission folder..only a simple module to synchronize :D

This code make the medic unit to completely heal all units which are nearby the medic itself in a radius of 2 meters. This code don't make the medic play an animation but it can be easily implemented. ;) It display on the screen many messages that you can delete or modify. It was tested by me and it works. :)

Q1. Excuse my ignorance here :rolleyes: how do you activate the heal animation. I synchronized each of the First Aid Modules, singly & then all together to medic & or players & no heal animation?

Q2 Re your own Module; in multiplay am I right in thinking all players must have it for it to work? (not just the mission maker)

Edited by jgaz-uk

:yay: Found a solution put

medic playMove "AinvPknlMstpSlayWrflDnon_medic";

in the healing.sqf