Sign in to follow this  
mankyle

A couple V3 questions

I'm building now one island composed of two medium size island, each with its own airport, docks and two bases and I already have imported the terrain, sat, mask and I also have added over 60% of the road network. Airports work, named zones work and almost everything works.

BUT.........

I'm having problems when adding objects.

When going to Tools /artificial Objects there are a couple objects that it doesn't let me add to the objects list.

I select the object and a pop up comes saying the name of the object is over 50 characters long and therefore I cannot select it. Any hints? I'm using standard objects, not modded ones so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong because that doesn't happen with many other objects.

And also, do you know the size (in pixels) that the loading image of an island must have?

Thanx in advance

Well..

for the objects, maybe the path for the object is too long. Try to give them a shorter name.

Loading screen has to be 512x128.

I hope that helped.

Beton is right,

i had the same Problem. I think it was the buildings in P:\ca\buildings2\Ind_CementWorks\Ind_MalyKomin\...

Well whatever, load the Object, click in the Name-Tab and give it a short one. Like ObjectXYZ for Example and click okay. Everything should be fine then :)

Ah!!!! Didn't think about that. but..... If I do that, does the game engine keeps recognizing the complete path of the p3d and thus will keep being able to load the same p3D from the game's pbos although the name I've given (with it's complete path) is not the same?

Sorry, I don't know wether I'm explaining myself well.

Anyway, will try your idea!!!

Thanks, and thanks for the info on the custom loading image!!!!

:)

Name matters only to you, no connection the model or classes.

I believe BIS did a 255 long field name and if pathname is too long it shows this error. Just leave name of object and delete path from name.