Sign in to follow this  
BittleRyan

Best Arma 2 server hosting?

I am wanting to host my own server. Which is the cheapest in the united states? Which is the best quality?

Thanks.

We leased one from Art of War for a few months. It didn't quite live up to our expectations. We changed to Defcon and have been very pleased with both the performance and customer service. We've been with them for the past six months and haven't had any reason to search further.

Edited by Thirdup

Yeah i was looking at defcon, it looked pretty good. but i am just seeing what everyone else thinks, why are Arma 2 servers so expensive?

Yeah i was looking at defcon, it looked pretty good. but i am just seeing what everyone else thinks, why are Arma 2 servers so expensive?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92849 is a recent thread discussing a few different server companies. (in the multiplayer forum no less ;))

Out of the 3 companies I have rented from, League Servers has the cheapest price if you don't need your 'own' box (ie 20-40 slots on a shared server) and their customer service is... well, really not that bad. Their private servers suck, but have had no problems with their public servers.

But I really would recommend http://www.jestservers.com/ for anything bigger than that (his prices for bigger boxes are as cheap as anyone else), and for just outstanding customer service.

Yeah everyone seems to like defcon, they have the bst customer service... But i can get double of what i could of gotten with league servers than with Defcon.

Yeah everyone seems to like defcon, they have the bst customer service... But i can get double of what i could of gotten with league servers than with Defcon.

How is their customer service, any good???

But i am also looking at jestservers right now.... Jestservers have a pretty good price, and some people say it has better custmer service.

Try one for a month. If you don't like it, move on and try another.

Please look before posting, moving to MP.

Does 64 player warfare servers work, or are they just too laggy?

Most I've seen work is 32 and it still gets pretty laggy at that point.

+1 on Jestservers. Awesome service, best performance.

Personally defcon customer support was slow for me but the server is low ping and works great.

+2 on Jestservers. Awesome service, best performance.

although for maxium performance I would suggest (if you can afford it) to go with your own dedicated box . at least a quad core setup with a min of 2 gig . The side benifits of that is you can run other things

Jest all the way! the guy that runs the company is awesome, very friendly and extremely fast in replying to any support questions. they even got in contact with the ace dev team in order to work on getting the six updater to auto update on their servers, if you wanted the option. when we got a second server, they even copy and pasted all our mods from the first box to the second, so we didnt have to spend hours uploading to the new one.

jest dont host in the uk though do they ?

just checked their pricing.............. bit expensive :(

Try http://alpha-networks.co.uk/ quality uk server provider and an excellent price..

Edited by Taxman

I would go with low ping all the way. I have been with them for 3-4 months now. The live chat feature is great!

Just a word of advice if you choose leagueservers, you get what you pay for.

Cheers.

has anyone heard anything about www.counter-strike.com ? They host ArmA 2 servers and was wondering if their prices tell you what you are really getting (bad Customer service, non-stable, etc)

Yeah come check me out :D If you're not happy we'll give you a refund.

Maybe some chocolate if you need it.

Started using Counter-strike.com

They have good customer service but their updating speed is so slow....Ive been 2 days w/o being able to connect to my own server due to their lack of speed, they keep this up im switching to Low ping servers for OA...

Jest all the way! the guy that runs the company is awesome, very friendly and extremely fast in replying to any support questions. they even got in contact with the ace dev team in order to work on getting the six updater to auto update on their servers, if you wanted the option. when we got a second server, they even copy and pasted all our mods from the first box to the second, so we didnt have to spend hours uploading to the new one.

What he said!

(Although I am not on the ACE dev team! ;))