Sign in to follow this  
pigglywiggly

How to make an obj like in Evo Blue?

Hello everyone hope you guys can help me with my problem. How do I make an obj like the one in Evo Blue where the obj is darken and when it's clear the obj gets blue? Also how do i set up an obj so that when the obj is clear the next one pop up in the map? What I am trying to do is to have multiple obj for my mission but they have to be accomplish in order. I have tried the search function in this forum cant' find one so I post this:)

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers to help me in my mission.:D

Well I assume there is a trigger and a marker on the same spot with the same sizes, I guess the trigger is something like an "East, not present" setup? If it is then you can set the markers colour with the setMarkerColor command. Not sure if that was what you were asking for but anyway :)

Ok I thought you had already copied it or something, so heres how I would go about doing it:

• Firstly create a marker over your objective area with the name "mkrObj1", set the marker to ellipse with axis A & B as 250, then set the color to RED. Leave the rest.
  • Create an eliptical trigger right on top of the marker with axis A & B as 250, set activation to EAST and Once. Then select Not Present (the right hand one)
  • Skip down to the onAct box of the trigger and put this in:
    "mkrObj1" setMarkerColor "ColorBlue";

That should change the colour of the marker you placed once all of the EAST units in the trigger have been killed.

Hello again and thanks for the reply Andy. I did what you said to do but I still get a red obj even after I get the Airfield Clear message. The color does not change.

I don't know how to set the marker color bule but if you do the following

1. create a marker name it what ever you like

2. Place "MARKER NAME" setMarkerAlpha 0; this will del the marker once area is clear of enemy. Trigger set up should be ONCE, NOT PRESENT, OPFOR. You can script the marker or trigger.

Create a new Obj:

Create a new marker name it obj2 placing it where you want your next obj. In your first trigger place the following:

_marker = createMarker["markername" getMarkerPos "obj2"]

"markername" setMarkerColor "ColorBlack"

"markername" setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE"

"markername" setMarkerSize [500, 500]

"markername" setMarkerType "DOT"<<----- wHAT EVER TYPE YOUR WANTING

Plaece a trigger just like the first one to know when the area is clear of enemy.

Edited by tuocs

Their are a few differnent ways of doing that. I made it easy for myself and I down loaded ArmA 1 recruit script from armaholic. I just changed the unit class names with arma 2 class names, and I had the issue with the ai dieing when landing with the para droping so I just made them spawn next to me. I would say search around see what you can find in the forums here. I do remember seeing different ways of doing somewhere in the forums.

Over time I have broken evo down and I use a lot of evo's ways do doing it. from Objectives, side missions, and recruitment. Then one thing I cant figure out is how to del the rank system in the recruit, missions dialog. So I think I'm going to learn how to make my own dialog like evo's for the recruitment side missions ect free of the rank system script and post it for mission builders/everyone.

Edited by tuocs

That would be great. It would be awesome if someone could post a mission template with all the necessary things like respawn, recruit, crate,obj and briefing. As a novice mission maker help pack:)

BTW are you stationed in Lewis? I used to be stationed there back in 99 with the 3rd brigade