Sign in to follow this  
gerogeZ

Need help capturinhg lopotev in dogs of war

so i went to the island, killed all soldiers and let lopotev alone but the only way to capture hem is to shoot, after komes helly and takes us to base, when we dismount is lopotev death, or the hely explodes on the way

any help``

If I remember correctly, killing all of the soldiers and getting close to lopotev will make him surrender. Not sure about your helicopter problem. I used one of the Marine helicopters to get to the island and go back to base. You should be able to do this also in the command mode.

i cilled all of them but he still shoots at me, if i wound hem he falls on knees and surends but after on the base dies, i made to the island whiit hind, after capturing chernogorsk all marine helicopterse where destroid i found them burned near chernogorsk :( and when lopotev surends i receiw message from ''Don'' that his going to send an heli to island and each time i ignored that and tryed to bring lopotev whit my hind on the base sudenli i finding my self only whit lopotev in sended mi18

-Kill the soldiers there, shoot Lopotev in the leg and after it go close to him. Take your medic to heal Lopotev.

-Save.

-Go to the chopper and get into it.

-When chopper lands run away fast. Sometime one ore more peeps are killed by the chopper --> load the save and try again.

Best is when only you and Lopotev are in chopper.

i have to ask how do you get Lopotev into your vehicle of choice?

I drove to the Island in a BMP-2 and when i have him under my control

i move back to the BMP and i stand outside it waiting for Lopotev to arrive.

When he arrives i enter the BMP and waits for lopotev to get inside

but he just stays outside it.

The CDF Helo never arrives (despite that i have run around like a crazy rabbit in the forrest to try and activate the trigger.

the USMC helos have all crashed so no air transport available.

I have called for another transport (USMC AAV's) but since they are in Msta it will take hours before they arrive and

when they arrive they probably wont have enough fuel to make it to Zelenogorsk

i have to ask how do you get Lopotev into your vehicle of choice?

I drove to the Island in a BMP-2 and when i have him under my control

i move back to the BMP and i stand outside it waiting for Lopotev to arrive.

When he arrives i enter the BMP and waits for lopotev to get inside

but he just stays outside it.

The CDF Helo never arrives (despite that i have run around like a crazy rabbit in the forrest to try and activate the trigger.

the USMC helos have all crashed so no air transport available.

I have called for another transport (USMC AAV's) but since they are in Msta it will take hours before they arrive and

when they arrive they probably wont have enough fuel to make it to Zelenogorsk

I got the same "no chopper" problem on my 2nd attempt to play the campaign, but I never have problem for Lopotev entering my BMP...

Afaik when you or a squadmember was close to Lopotev he follows you (or the squadmember). When you (or the sm ) enter the BMP2 ( I used it too) he normally enters the Tank too. When you got him you get a message that they send a chopper. I'm not sure but it seems that this is the trigger.

Try to drive to Zelenogorsk with your BMP (when Lopotev is in it).

Afaik when you or a squadmember was close to Lopotev he follows you (or the squadmember). When you (or the sm ) enter the BMP2 ( I used it too) he normally enters the Tank too. When you got him you get a message that they send a chopper. I'm not sure but it seems that this is the trigger.

Try to drive to Zelenogorsk with your BMP (when Lopotev is in it).

yeah yeah yeah i know that already as i have completed Dow several times before. However this time (and a few times before) Lopotev just wont enter the vehicle i have entered. This time i have tried both the BMP-2 and a boat but Lop. wont enter any of them :mad:

The Civilian CDF helicopter never arrives despite that i am being told that they will send a chopper to extract me and Lopotev.

still having multiple issues with Lopotev:

I re-started the mission but Lopotev still wont enter the vehicle i have entered.

This time a tried a Mi-24 hind, a boat and an AAV7.

With the same result; Lopotev moves in close to the vehicle but he do not enter.

the Civ CDF Helo still doesnt arrive.

I have done it in this order:

i take Chernogorsk (shaftoe then radios in several times)

i move on and capture the "farm" east of Chernogorsk

and then move to Elektrozavodsk and capture it.

After that i move on to the island with Razor team in a Mi-24 Hind

i clear out the Chedakis at the radio tower.

*radio call to don* location defended by chedakis

i move in on the house

*radio call to don* Lopotev is here task "check location" completed

i clear out Lopotevs guards and move in on Lopotev

* dialogue with lopotev*

*radio call to don* i have Lopotev under guard

i move to the Hind, i wait outside for Lopotev to arrive.

When he arrives i enter the helo but Lopotev stays outside.

I wait for about 20 minutes until the USMC AAV7's arrive.

I exit the helo and enters the AAV7 same result Lopotev stays outside.

the civvy heli that comes to pick you up lands a few hundred metres downhill,,,

worked for me each time but you probably don't want to hear that---

um only thing I can say is how it went for me- I tapped Lopotev in leg and then had him healed, and very quickly after, the heli has landed downhill and to the,,, sth? sth-sth-east? app. 400 metres away.

:yay: