Sign in to follow this  
dr_eyeball

AircraftHUD - AH-64D: MFD/IHADSS HMD/TADS

Great addition to the longbow, it's nice to see that there is still an interest in creating something new and complex to increase immersion itself and that such a "small" thing is still in demand.

While I can't try it myself on account of not having Arma 2 I have heard great things from friends that do, from AH-64 enthusiast to another I just wanted to say excellent job and I hope to experience it for myself some day.

Edited by NodUnit

Great update! I can read all the displays perfectly, now. This is my new favorite mod. Big thanks for alll the work!

Can someone explain to me why after the most recent update whenever I try to enable the TADS or the IHADSS systems from the gunner seat I get this weird reticule and far too much brightness... no matter how much I change the config from the MFD it just doesn't go away... this is what I mean

Without IHADSS

qrel5f.jpg

With IHADSS

11i2ses.jpg

Any help?

Plus is there ANY way to get the gunner to fire his weapons (tried ctrl+f... simply doesn't work...) such as the M230 from the pilots seat while in tracking mode etc? I love the Pilots TADS system because it offers fullscreen while the gunners seat has two blacked out bars at the side (and the fact that I don't get the reticule and brightness glitch)

Help very much appreciated

Edited by Dmahon

@Dmahon: Looks like a bug for the CPG view. That'll need a hot-fix very soon. Thanks for reporting.

Yeah Shooting (or Commanding) as Pilot would be great because I play much SP and can't use it right. The Second Problem is, I can Track the target but can't Lock it often for my nice Rockets.

If a Target is Locked and I'm commanding to shooting my AI Mate is Sleeping or whatever...

That's sad because I really enjoy this tools

Version 4 is now available. Had to do a hot fix. (See first post for download link.)

Change log:

• Fixed: Hot fix for the CPG Optics script critical bug (from version 3).
  • Fixed: IncomingMissile handler was never getting initialized. (Surprised no-one discovered that.)
  • Added: Replaced the AH-1Z Cobra CPG Crosshairs HUD image, with mini crosshairs. This has been placed in a separate addon called ICE_AH64D_CPG_sights.pbo so that you can easily remove it in future, if there's ever a need.

v.4

When i locked a target and use LTD(Laser Target Designator)by "L" in the TADS mode for pilot I select AGM-Missile and M230 and use ctrl-left for Command to fire for gunner But the gunner don't fire to laser aiming.

Lovely stuff Dr_eyeball, fixed that glitch perfectly...

As for the future of the mod, whats the chances of an auto-range system being implemented? I'm a bit tired of always having to aim just above my target all the time with the M230, I understand that it would be extremely complicated and difficult to implement this sort of feature and that it may even be impossible to do so...

Hit me back when you can

P.S I'm getting the same issue as nattanakorn

Edited by Dmahon

awesome stuff - been practising with it for ages now

a few bugs still but amazing work - really great thanks!!!

it's a shame the flir is so awful - i guess we'd need to overhaul every unit to add a heat tag to them etc to make it work properly...

A small request after realizing it during a MP game as pilot/gunner.

Is it realistic, or possible to include a direction indicator for the pilot when in the full screen optics mode? I think it would be very useful if a bearing could be identified for the gunner or other forces to use as reference.

After testing, got two requests:

1. Could the excellent pilot sight be made an option for the gunner aswell? The standard gun sight seems awfully limited considering he'll be using the optics more often than the pilot.

2. Flares don't appear to be synced over multiplayer.

Otherwise brilliant addition, it's getting a lot of use over here! :D

I got a problem with the mouse movement of the tads of the Pilot the mouse is in the upper right corner but the camera is not moving

1. Could the excellent pilot sight be made an option for the gunner aswell? The standard gun sight seems awfully limited considering he'll be using the optics more often than the pilot.

Seconded

:D

I'm really liking it so far, i just have one issue with it and thats with the wobbling of the pilots camera when he's viewing targets at a distance, on auto hover trying to do this is a nightmare as all the movements are amplified. This feature was better in the second release. Oh, also when you're in this view and you lock something that people with high DPI mouses such as myself it tends to lock target then unlock because of the high precision of the mouse, anyway that you can like make it so you hold down the mouse button for x seconds and it locks that target no matter how far you move the mouse?

ah yeah you're right about the wobble - i noticed this in the new version - thought i'd just been lucky with wind in the previous experience lol. you have to dangerously come off of auto hover to hold the heli steady while being unable to view your movement - it' a bit mad innit?

Problems with version 3 and 4

Page up and down wont work in a second level of mfd menu (selecting targets etc.)

Arrow keys are no longer controlling camera

Hi guys, I have a question. When I have the IHADS activated for the pilot, it pops up, but the gun is not slaved to it. If I do it from the gunners seat the gun is slaved to where I look with the IHADS. I'm using V4.0. Can someone elaborate how to do this, meaning, slaving the gun to the Pilot's IHADS?

Edited by p75

AFAIK slaving the gun to the pilot is not possible with the current build, i'm not even sure if it possible within the game engine. Even with manual fire, the gun only shoots where it was orientated last by the gunner.