Sign in to follow this  
nzdfcrash

Anzac Mod Wip

Anyone waiting on the F/A-18 I wouldn't hold your breath as Crash has withdrawn from Arma. Whether he comes back or not is a point of speculation. The F/A-18 has a lot of issues as does almost every other thing in the mod due to the constant adding of other items rather than perfecting what was already there. I appreciate the work of those involved but the planning and execution of this mod has been poor to say the least, leaving me with a very bitter opinion regarding it. My recommendations are wait for the Australian's At War releases which have a lot of quality and effort put into one item at a time rather than trying to do it all in the one hit.

Anyone waiting on the F/A-18 I wouldn't hold your breath as Crash has withdrawn from Arma. Whether he comes back or not is a point of speculation. The F/A-18 has a lot of issues as does almost every other thing in the mod due to the constant adding of other items rather than perfecting what was already there. I appreciate the work of those involved but the planning and execution of this mod has been poor to say the least, leaving me with a very bitter opinion regarding it. My recommendations are wait for the Australian's At War releases which have a lot of quality and effort put into one item at a time rather than trying to do it all in the one hit.

Your comments and inability to understand mod making are exactly why crash has left. Crash is a very close personal friend of mine and its people like you that made him quit. To be honest he is happy you are bitter about it. Now he doesnt have to deal with you anymore.

the execution of a hobby's fruit is poor? :rolleyes:

to quote vilas, 'where are such people born'.

ps. cool story.

Edited by Fox '09

Your comments and inability to understand mod making are exactly why crash has left. Crash is a very close personal friend of mine and its people like you that made him quit. To be honest he is happy you are bitter about it. Now he doesnt have to deal with you anymore.

You don't know me nor have any comprehension of what I do or do not understand. I am not attacking Crash personally however his dummy spit throwing in a mod that we had stood behind for over a year, as well as just turning his back on the people who had supported him showed a lack of character IMO. I'm only bitter about the manner in which he threw in the towel, it's a game mate and nothing more. I suggest you refrain from making personal attacks in violation of the code of conduct. I was stating a fact from first hand knowledge and not in any way being bitter or attacking anyone, if you don't like it then don't read it.

Edited by tromac

(Nobody pays for mods and addons so I don't think anyone needs to be this critical about free software and release dates.)

----

Nice to see some more subs to drop SF, would it be possible to use the sub with the harpoon as some kind of arty?

You don't know me nor have any comprehension of what I do or do not understand. I am not attacking Crash personally however his dummy spit throwing in a mod that we had stood behind for over a year, as well as just turning his back on the people who had supported him showed a lack of character IMO. I'm only bitter about the manner in which he threw in the towel, it's a game mate and nothing more. I suggest you refrain from making personal attacks in violation of the code of conduct. I was stating a fact from first hand knowledge and not in any way being bitter or attacking anyone, if you don't like it then don't read it.

facepalm.jpg

......and if its not constructive or supportive dont post it. The bear bones of it all is if you dont like crash's mod or how he runs it then go somewhere else. You need to refrain from attacking me, as i did the best i could to help out crash when he ran into issues. That means i participated in the mod too. Thats my first hand knowledge ace. So in the end that makes me feel absolutely wonderful to be turning my back on you too. I hope he posts a hundred pics of the super cool stuff he has and you will never see. Post your crap in the AAW thread or anywhere but here. Your post shows your complete lack of charachter and i stand behind what i said. I have in no way violated the code of conduct, so take your empty threats elsewhere. your 2 minutes are up. now go away.

I agree with you Eddie. And I have to add my opinion. Just my two cents:

There are two ways for expresing criticism:

A. You analize and express hard data, suggest changes, improvements, new or different aproachs to known problems or add iddeas that could result in a general improvements in the overall result

OR

B. You denigrate and express personal valorations not expressing facts and not adding constructive remarks

Which one is better?

Please, take a deep breath and before posting try to think if your post add something valuable (a suggestion, an improvement or any other constructive remark) or if it will be something pointless

AND, if you want to express your opinion, there are ways of expressing it (polite ones) and ways of expressing it (unpolite ones).

And back to the MOD, the sub is still in very very initial faces. It is partially textured and animated and lacks a GEO and fire GEO LOD. I have a lot of RL issues now so it will go very very slow

Edited by mankyle

<circumcised>...a mod that we had stood behind for over a year, as well as just turning his back on the people who had supported him</circumcised>

This makes me laugh. So what if you 'stood behind' him? What does that even entail -- coming back and checking the forums for new posts? Suggesting new ideas so that the workload of the addon maker is increased? I highly doubt you put in the equivalent of a year's time into this project, so you have absolutely no right to be bitter about it.

Anyone who makes anything for this game does it primarily for themselves. As content makers, we think "Hey...I'm going to make this because it seems cool" and we put in our time, our blood, our sweat, and our tears into a project. People like you do absolutely nothing to contribute to the actual completion of the project. He owes you absolutely nothing. You have no right to cry out that you have been slighted.

So, in conclusion:

Shut up.

Abs

Im not one for kicking someone when there down, But if you have a problem with the way Crash handled his mod, make your own, thats the easiest way to show people, how its done But for you to come to his thread in start complaining about something he gave us all for free is a shame. Like I always say, If you don't like it, don't use it.

wow you are an internet superhero. Anyway, you're not getting it. really, stop posting, it will do you good

Edited by Fox '09
backpedaling

Originally Posted by tromac

So you're trying to imply that one should be punished when one finds a life outside of gaming and modding?? If anything I owe it to myself as everyone owes it to themself to actually experience a "real" life outside of the virtual enviroment.

So you're trying to imply that one should be punished when one finds a life outside of gaming and modding?? If anything I owe it to myself as everyone owes it to themself to actually experience a "real" life outside of the virtual enviroment.

happend to me I didn't spend time with friend, barely my family and skipped a lot of classes.. but thats long time ago, these days I got my addiction under control... :p

seriously, in OFP days everyone was so busy making things and now people are so busy with requesting stuff, what I see is a split community..

people that plays ACE and enjoys the game, like shacktactical

people that sits and whine on forums for stuff..

addon maker that stop publishing, stop posting and just talk to eachother..

and to be honest, I don't like it but I am personally one of them thats been moving step by step for sometime and I am far from alone.

AND NOW WE RESUME OUR REGULAR BROADCAST..... :yay:

Y4xnTtg6hlo

Hz-hbDfI7Io

Edited by Wastelander

That quad is really cool!

Really happy to see a LRPV with a .50HMG, good for operating in sections.

Good luck with further development.

hahaha...yeah thats funny! and Tromac you make great addons right? how bout you try to do us the honor of doing the f-18? and iv seen the progress of the f-18 that my buddy crash(and Wld) is doing and it has come along..long way! and tell me how far have you gotten with it? and i my self have tried to help my buds with this project and cant do nothing with it! so by all means if you have any input, help us out instead of posting non-sence or trying to start some drama!

Okay rather than continue the flaming and carrying on I am going to eat humble pie. On re-reading my initial post it is inappropriate and I apologise. The original intent was to say that Crash had told us he was no longer gaming at all and the likelihood of seeing the Anzac mod WIP finished was unknown. However I let personal opinion and bitterness get the better of me and posted something which offended many. I am sorry for any offense caused to the mod makers involved.

Work is still being done although its at a much reduced level and is far more low key due to obvious reasons.