Sign in to follow this  
bullet purveyor

AI Driving skills. would adjust the steering/response help?

AI Driving skills. would adjust the steering/response help?

I'll start by saying I'm new to Arma and it's comunity as I bought ArmA II this summer.

This issue has probably been brought up several times in the past since I have seen several post about this the short time I have been reading the forums.

But it always come down to bad AI programing/scripting.

I have mostly played as infantry, and not given the driving stuff much attention since I got the game. Until today.

I tried to make a simple setup in the editor with 5 humvees following a straight line waypoint.

All goes well until first contact, and they start to go off in all directions, and when the enemy is killed they use forever to get back in formation.

I tried alot of diffrent settings with AI awerness and so on.

Always with the same result. Veichles get stuck and take a long time to make the simplest turn.

There might be alot of factors to the problem. But Wouldn't a more responsive steering, like in all other games that have vehicles,

also be helpful to the AI? I have no knowledge about game programing,

but my common sense tells me that a fluid steering would be useful both to AI and us players?

Why have BIS made it that way? I can't see any reason to why a terrible, unresponsive jerky steering should make the game more like a simulator/real.

I have drowen my fair share of car games and real vehicles,

but never come across something as awful as in this game.