Sign in to follow this  
SMooreAce

Cant connect to ANY servers - With screenshots

First... Yes, I know I cant join THIS server because Im missing MODS, but its my clans server and I KNOW its working flawlessly, so its the best place to test.

OK, when I try to join a server I instantly get this...

arma22010-01-0422-50-40-69.jpg

Then I click OK.. thats all I can do! and I get this

arma22010-01-0422-50-47-78.jpg

Ive let this sit for an hour and no change. It started doing this so I thought maybe the install was broke so I reinstalled completely fresh. No MODS... new profile. No dice! Newest Nvidia MB and Gforce GTX 285 drivers on windows 7 Pro. Single player works great.

what does a screen from a vanilla server look like and do you have firewall turned off (to test) etc

and why would you test trying to connect to a server that you know cant let you join because you dont have the mod?

Edited by dogz
rewrite

It does the same thing.. same exact screens except player names no matter what server I try. Im Im testing getting to this server because I KNOW its running perfectly. I actually never even see that Im dropped from this server because of missing mods, the screen just sits here for a tested hour. Same result to ANY server.

No firewall running, I have nothing to fear, and nothing of interest to anyone. No antivirus either, its safe when you know to stay out of places you shouldnt be.

After I tested SP missions and mods, then went back to no mods and attempted to resume same mission, I also seen the "can't play/edit this mission... ect ect".

Restarting instead of resuming the missions cleared my issue.

That may also do the same in MP?

Good thought. Ive had that happen to me as well, but this is not a contenued mission. It was ongoing with several people ingame at the time

It takes a while, i get this. i go make a cuppa, come back and Im in. i suggest you do the same.

.... the screen just sits here for a tested hour. Same result to ANY server.

Im not an extremely patient person, I will admit that. But waiting an hour + to join a game is unexceptable. SOMETHING is wrong if thats happening, or your joining a HUGE map. But a huge map wont display "0kb of 0kb recieved"