Sign in to follow this  
KCB

Dam Seagull thing?

Keep changing into a seagull at random times? Is there a way to turn this feature off?

Yeah easy to fix: buy a legit copy of the game and/or stop using a modified game executable.

the no CD crack is the problem then!

Hi, im not sure but i think that with the ArmA Patch v1.08 you didn't need already to have the DVD on the drive, with the v1.14 you don't need it for sure. Let's C ya

Indeed, there is no DVD check since 1.14 (may be earlier), legit copy may be the way to go then.

Keep changing into a seagull at random times? Is there a way to turn this feature off?

Random times as in gets killed it happens, or random times because you dont have the game, personally the only time i have ever experienced turning into a seagul was when i was killed in a mission because there was no respawn setup in it, or other availiable teammate to switch too.

If you do have the game and are playing a mission where it happens there is an simple respawn that changes that.

reinstalling, updating without all the crap…thanks guys

When I'm testing a mission I'm creating, is there a way I can turn myself into a seagull so I can prowl the map or watch the rest of the battle (single player)?

Yes, write in the initialising in the unit

this exec "camera.sqs"

Yes, write in the initialising in the unit

this exec "camera.sqs"

LOL - I didn't even realize that was one and the same with the "Seagull". Thanks :)

I didn't even realize that was one and the same with the "Seagull".
Well I wouldn't say they're one and the same. The camera has a lot more usable controls. The seagull, IIRC, simply has a few flying controls.

With the camera, you have extensive control over the zoom (in/out), can easily and quickly change height, and can accelerate all your movements with the Shift key (IIRC). You can even attach the camera to a unit. It will stay "focused" on that unit but it will not move with that unit.

Flying the seagull is like flying while drunk - kinda hard to control.

the no CD crack is the problem then!

I don't like using Cd's either...that's why Steam is convenient for me....