Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Kegetys ArmAII Launcher v1.01

Well, I'm finding it difficult to believe, but after searching a big bunch of Fan sites & Forums, I can't find any reference to it, yet I've been using it forever ! :confused:

kegetysarmaiilauncher.jpg

It definitely seems to be a little known fact that its out there, but worse still, I can't find where I orginally downloaded it from LOL

Even Kegetys it seems didn't get around to hosting it (visibly anyway) on his normal page.

So, in order to spread the word, I've uploaded a copy I had and made this post.

Its like the previous ArmA version by Kegetys, except it has a nice "Auto detect Mod Folders" feature now.

BTW, this was originaly released by Kegetys way before the current crop of launchers.

Kegetys ArmAII Launcher v1.01

--OFPEC LINK - 440kb

Edit: Oh, I shouldn't forget to say: Thanks a lot Kegetys !!

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Hi Gnat!

Kegs launcher is HERE... cunningly hidden on his website.

I hang out at his SoftTH forum occasionally, which is at the same site, otherwise I wouldn't have spotted his update at all...

The launcher and - I think - ArmaTools have had relatively recent updates, the rest is his Arma 1 stuff... not sure what Keg himself is up to, but that's not unusual ;)

Back when Spirited Machine was starting his launcher dev, I suggested Kegs launcher as the simple-no nonsense model to follow, the one major drawback with Kegetys's one being lack of mod ordering... I had a chat with Keg about that once and his compromise was to define "mod strings" as "mods"... I used it like that from OFP days I think, right thru Arma - but I must admit I've been using Spirited Machines one more recently.....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Oh nice. :)

I just love Kegetys launcher.

It got everything you need and works like a charm.

Did never noticed that it was offizielly released for ArmA 2...? :p

Anyway thanks for uploading.

Hi Gnat!

Kegs latest launcher (1.11) is HERE... cunningly hidden on his website.

I hang out at his SoftTH forum occasionally, which is at the same site, otherwise I wouldn't have spotted his Arma page at all...

The launcher and - I think - ArmaLib have had relatively recent updates, the rest is his Arma 1 stuff... not sure what Keg himself is up to, but that's not unusual ;)

B

Thats for Armed Assault not Arma II lol the one Gnat posted is for Arma II

@MattXR

:D - noticed that - was changing the link as you posted... that was the Arma page - not the "new stuff" page

sorry

B

Yeah! Keg's launcher is here finally. Downloading now ;).

Gnat;1534479']... It definitely seems to be a little known fact that its out there' date=' but worse still, I can't find where I orginally downloaded it from LOL

Even Kegetys it seems didn't get around to hosting it (visibly anyway) on his normal page. ...[/quote']

First thanks for calling attention to this launcher and for the OFPEC link.

This launcher is simple, user friendly and without falderal. It's awesome.

You can also find this launcher on www.kegetys.net (news: 11.7.2009 ArmA 2 Launcher).

Thank you Kegetys!

Thanks Bushlurker

Yeh, the only thing was the order of display and a guarantee of order of execution (ie which folder gets called first etc), but thats not a biggy, only a requirement for limited mods.

In OFP I found I could manually change the order of display by going into the Registry and playing with a few number. But thats not for the average PC user to mess with ;)

Thanks DragonBaron

Yeh, guess I kept looking on his AA tab!

So the old issue with loading sequence of modfolders is still there?

Guess that kegetys would have announced such an update if he had fix'd it...

@Gnat

Yeah! - that was Kegs other suggestion for mod-order - edit the registry!

I settled for defining mod strings - it was back in the day when there were lots of FX mods and the importance of mod order when layering stuff over ECS became apparent...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

It was just a quick update from the Armed Assault launcher to ArmA 2 as some people kept asking for it and it was simple enough to do. It is a bit lacking in features nowdays so I didn't make that much noise about it... The code is very old (I think I made the first version in 2001) and made with Delphi 5 so its not very nice to work with anymore :P

So it is Delphi !

I'm a half arse Delphi programmer from time to time.

Thanks Kegetys, but the Keep-It-Simple-Stupid principle works very well for me (i.e. stand alone, small, simple options, etc etc)

I've used this for ages (A1 & A2), even wrote a little pre-launcher to do mod detection/removal, automatically show descriptions based on the filename of the first txt/pdf/htm found, select the Beta executable when [Ctrl] was pressed and/or Windowed mode when [shift] was pressed. Was planning to add mod ordering to that also but I guess now I don't have to.

Gnat;1535248']Thanks Kegetys' date=' but the Keep-It-Simple-Stupid principle works very well for me (i.e. stand alone, small, simple options, etc etc)[/quote']

+1 :)

In the last 1 month I've been having problems viewing external/online server status yet I can see my LAN dedicated sever fine.

I haven't altered anything in terms of my router settings nor windows 7 firewall and other ArmA II browsers detected online servers with no problems.

Kegetys ArmAII Launcher still works for selective mod folder loading etc. but I really liked it's using it for loading particular mods for particular servers.

Anybody got any other ideas as to why I may not be able to see online servers with this launcher anymore?

Other things I have tried:

- 2 different computers (I usually use one as a dedicated) via the same router

- port forwarding for UDP ports 15015 and 15020 on the router

- internet connection via iPhone tethering i.e. another different internet connection but same computers

- tried using the ArmA2.exe Vs. the ArmA2OA.exe

- deleting the registry keys for the servers and mods related to the Launcher, removing from ArmA2 directory, then reinstallation

Again I can see the LAN dedicated fine, but no of the external servers on my list show-up. In addition I don't think this problem is related to the executable you wish to use.

Lastly SpiritedMachine ArmA2 Launcher, Six-Updater and the in-game MP browsers all work fine?!

I know most of you will just say use on of the above instead but I really like this launcher and have been using since OFP:RES (pre v1.46 I think!).

Any suggestions, even if they're a little left field?

Thanks Sickboy, good to know I'm not going crazy.

Kegety's last visit to these forums was in 2010, so I don't like our chances of having this beloved Launcher updated.

:-(