Sign in to follow this  
VBCI

Mission : The Iron Beast

Hello,

It's my new mission : The Iron Beast.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yiohktwdwgz (update 01.06.2010)

Island: NOGOVA

Language supported: English

required OFP version: 1.96

Type: Single player

Addons required: None

Installation: Remove the .PBO file to your Operation Flashpoint\Missions Folder.

You are Max Hamilton, a green beret and your team must try to reach the town of Bludov near Modrava (US Base).

Thanks for your comments.

Edited by VBCI

Nice work man :) Glad to see people still making stuff for OFP, keep it up bro :)

Ok thanks for the comment (bug "SFG36")

I play my mission with GRAA or WW4 Mods and i think something was wrong....

I update my first post, is it good now ?

Edited by VBCI

Your gold mission also show this error.i will try again that.did you remove that error.

Sorry Riffleman but I have not found the error "SFG36" in the mission GOLD.

I checked in GOLD, mission.sqm :

addOns[]=

{

"editorupdate102",

"OfficerG36",

"MM1",

"6G30",

"bis_resistance",

"Bradley"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"OfficerG36",

"MM1",

"6G30",

"bis_resistance",

"editorupdate102",

"Bradley"

};

where's the problem ?

Sorry Riffleman but I have not found the error "SFG36" in the mission GOLD.

I checked in GOLD, mission.sqm :

addOns[]=

{

"editorupdate102",

"OfficerG36",

"MM1",

"6G30",

"bis_resistance",

"Bradley"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"OfficerG36",

"MM1",

"6G30",

"bis_resistance",

"editorupdate102",

"Bradley"

};

where's the problem ?

I get an error that "OfficerG36" cannot be found. So I look through all my various add-ons and I have no Officer G36, only Soldier G36 and I'm not sure what add-on added that guy. I tried playing through WW4 mod and Resistance mod. Same error. I un-PBO'd and tried to run it in Mission Editor...still same error.

I am playing the GOTY version with Sanctuary's WW4 mod.

where's the problem ?

The "OfficerG36" is an addon CfgPatches class name, it does not come with BIS default addons lineup.

There is additionally no addon that has a OfficerG36 CfgPatches name with either GRAA or WW4 or BIS default.

And looking at the mission.sqm unless i have not looked carefully enough, i don't see any non-BIS units being present.

May be 2 possible source of the problem :

1-you have an addon that has a broken config either in Addons\ or Res\Addons\ or whatevermod\Addons\ .

2-that kind of problem happen too if you put an addon unit on the map, save the mission, then remove the addon from the mission and save it again, sometime the addon mentionned is not deleted from the addon section of the mission.sqm.

To see what is the case, i suggest you try to delete manually both "OfficerG36" entries from the mission.sqm so you obtain :

addOns[]=
{
"editorupdate102",
"MM1",
"6G30",
"bis_resistance",
"Bradley"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
"MM1",
"6G30",
"bis_resistance",
"editorupdate102",
"Bradley"
};

, preview the mission then re-save it , see if the OfficerG36 entry has been added again, if yes, it is the 1st case : you have a broken addon somewhere in in Addons\ or Res\Addons\ or whatevermod\Addons\ .

If it does not appear again, it was certainly the 2nd case.

and export it for as a SP mission.

I will download new version this afternoon and try it out. Looking forward to it!

I'm a little confused...the "OfficerG36" error I got was from the The Beast mission on Nogova. The updated mission you posted was for a "Gold" mission on Everon. Does one fix the other?

My both missions have the same problem. Sorry :o

the new Class Mission for The Iron Beast :

addOns[]=

{

"Bradley",

"Vulcan",

"BRDM",

"bis_resistance",

"Su25",

"bis_weaponpack",

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"Bradley",

"Vulcan",

"BRDM",

"bis_resistance",

"Su25",

};

Now, i update my first post, thanks to try again and please tell me if this mission is too hard or not.

I'll post a new mission soon .... your comments about my 2 first missions are welcome.

I was able to download and run the mission. I gotta say its a good mossion. I took my time to minimize the casualties of my team, so it took a while to complete.

Being able to utilize the T80 was a big help. Where the civilian convoy was stopped I was able to grab a truck and put the rest of the team in it to speed up the pace.

The armor and infantry ambushes on the road back were great! I have to admit to getting a little relaxed being on the road, but that was put to an end quickly.

I'm going to have another go at it using different routes and strategies.

All in all, excellent job!

Use modfolders to avoid unwanted addon bugs.. Many AddOns are written bad in code theirfore they appear in any mission used or not... Or you accidently used it in your mission. With modfolder it wont happen.

I will test your mission later. Glad to get new stuff so many good old ofp maps are vanished it's a shame. FDF mod for example had a huge fanpage which had over 500 high quality missions & campaigns = all lost. So pitty. :(