Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

LZ Cow (Coop 1-20) (ACE)

LZ Cow

A coop mission for ARMA2

Works with and without ACE

Mission Info:

Main Objectives

1. Attack the rebel platoon command and kill all officers defending the position.

2. Destroy two fuel trucks.

Detailed description:

Mission Procedure:

The players start 1km off the southern shore, divided in 4 RIBs. It is the choice of each squad leader to decide where exactly to land, however the safest landing zone is the "Cow LZ".

After completing the objectives, all surviving players have to gather at the LZ to end the mission.

co3.jpg

Since the enemy is an ill-equipped guerilla force, I tried to reflect that with the enemy combat tactics. You never run into large squads or heavy armor. Instead, The place is dotted with very inventive ambush setups and some fortified positions backed with heavy machine guns.

co1.jpg

co2.jpg

Team roster:

Platoon command

1x Officer

1x MG

3x Riflemen

Fireteams A - C

1x Squad leader

1x LMG

1x SMAW

1x Medic

1x Rifle

Other info:

- The complete mission is a handcrafted traditional coop, there are no quickly placed default squads standing around idly.

- Runs well on weaker pcs, because I avoided placing the action in larger towns.

- Has a working briefing and mission triggers.

- Uses Norrin's reviving script (deactivated in this version) - Uses BIS medic system.

- Quality placement of enemies. Every single unit is carefully placed by hand which provides challenging combat without resorting to overwhelming amounts.

- High replayability. 40% of the enemy force has various levels of existence probabilities.

After-action-reports of people and squads who have played this mission:

ZEUS Gaming Nights: (+ video)

My personal highlight of yesterday's session was alleycat's "LZ Cow" Coop, an astonishing good mission. One could easily tell that the designer thought well about what he's doing.

NZARMA:

http://nzarma.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=504

Download:

v0.4

http://www.tr-racing.de/arma2/lzcow04.rar

Edited by alleycat

Sounds interesting, i'm gonna give this a go with the TDNL community on friday.

This sounds like it was made for us :)

When i create a mission i always handcraft everything too, i hate the randomness of for example Domination-style missions.

Updated first post with new version of mission.

What are the changes?

I made up a battleplan for friday, so if there are any content changes it would be good to know :)

Most changes are to increase replayability. Almost every single unit has a different probability to exist. For example the town to the right of the lz might have 20 enemies waiting for you, or there may be none or anything between it. (I randomized this probability, but the placement of each unit and waypoint was very carefully planned.)

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

This is an AAR of the mission, after it was played over at the ZEUS servers:

I'll watch that vid after we played the mission for ourselves, dont want too many spoilers :)

I've set up a battleplan already using the intel provided by the briefing.

I was just thinking it would be good to know if there were any additional outposts or MG-posts and such added, or perhaps even displaced to somewhere else.

Thanks for the info, i'll stick to my original plan :)

The mg positions marked on the briefing itself have a high probability of being there, however you never know what is hiding in the woods or villages.

Is it alright to produce a modified version of your mission, changing the starting players, adding ACE crates, etc? I have given credit in the mission description. It's a mission for my clan's clan night coming up soon.

I would prefer to decide this on a case to case basis, call me on PM for that.

We had a go with a team of 7 people in total, i really liked your mission alleycat :)

It all went fine untill we reached Pavlovo, where we ran into trouble with a technical who took out me and another guy, while the rest of the unit got picked off by some inventively placed units where they didnt expect them to be.

Luckily we left the AI on and we could use them to 'respawn' after rejoining the server. Maybe a bit of a cheat :P

Anyways, we cleared Pavlovo and then took on the enemy HQ to kill the officers, which we succeeded in.

Then we tried to get back to LZ cow as fast as we could but we got a nasty airial surprise only 100 yards out and the mission failed.

Looking to try your other missions as well :)

Btw, i just finished a mission of my own as well. See what you think: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=93341

I tried to tell a bit of a story, which is what sets apart missions as well i believe.

We had a go with a team of 7 people in total, i really liked your mission alleycat

It all went fine untill we reached Pavlovo, where we ran into trouble with a technical who took out me and another guy, while the rest of the unit got picked off by some inventively placed units where they didnt expect them to be.

Luckily we left the AI on and we could use them to 'respawn' after rejoining the server. Maybe a bit of a cheat :P

Anyways, we cleared Pavlovo and then took on the enemy HQ to kill the officers, which we succeeded in.

Then we tried to get back to LZ cow as fast as we could but we got a nasty airial surprise only 100 yards out and the mission failed.

Looking to try your other missions as well

Btw, i just finished a mission of my own as well. See what you think: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=93341

I tried to tell a bit of a story, which is what sets apart missions as well i believe.

Going to check it out