Sign in to follow this  
Alliexx

Arma2 Server Sync tool

Hi all,

After having tested the 6th Sense updater i found out that it still is not what i want, and what i think is an easy to use tool so somebody with a server has an option to host all his addons, and a client is able to connect to that addon server and sync all the addons that are on the server.

So i started to build some myself.

It will be a really basic tool that does ALL you need to be able to sync your addons with a server.

It does not have a startup thing yet and it does not host a list of servers.

You know what, wait a couple of days and ill release a BETA version.

Heres a teaser pic :http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1492/testserverscreen.jpg

It will just do what it suposes to do !.

Later,

Allie

PS: any with some interest in this, if you are known with Borland Delphi 7(pascal), please give me a yell and you might be able to help me out with more funky futures in this little application. (or maybe Kylix, you can halp out to make it linux proof)

Edited by Alliexx

gj, but why reinvent the wheel, there is already a tool that would do exactly what you want it to do?

Yoma Addon Synk

gj, but why reinvent the wheel, there is already a tool that would do exactly what you want it to do?

Yoma Addon Synk

I think the point he is trying to make is that he wants a small util to do the job

that doesnt have either

1. A terrible installer (yoma)

2. Is not a nightmare to configure (six)

Small and simples :-)

Well done , simple , easy to use , and it dose what suppose to

good job

:):):)

Very nice little program. Something i was looking for. Scaning for pbo's takes some time, but thats not a problem. Was testing it a bit and got some thoughts:

1. as fabiantronc asked 7z would be great but not necessary.

2. ability to check or uncheck the hole directory with one click in the file lists would be great.

3. scaning for .hpp and version .txt files inside mod folders (for example in @ACE mod folder there are some configs in .hpp files) also would be a great feature.

While testing i got error after getting the files list form server: "List index out of bounds (279)". In that case there was more then 400 file missmatches, and in the missmatch list i couldn't see all the missmatched files. So i think its kind of to short buffer or array problem.

Thats it for this time.

Great job Alliexx

Keep it going :)