Sign in to follow this  
prj45

How would a Real BlackOp Team Do it

OK, the mission where your team have to take out the three Shilkas after you found them a couple of missions previous.

Now, while I can shoot everybody, and then jump in a tank in the first base and blow the #### out of everything, I don't imagine that's how a real Black Op team would do it!

So, how would a real Black Op team take out the first Shilka according to military guidlines? (no, get on your belly and crawl at 4x speed across the island answers please!).

yes, put your belly on the ground and crawl smile.gif

That is the only way to do it if you don't want to get caught/sighted. In special operations invisibility is #1.

If the group is more like platoon size then you might consider "violent reconnaisse" if you were leader. Behind enemy lines there is no hope for wounded so it is better to keep low profile until, click---BOOM. Then run like ####. If possible it would be optimal to rig all Zhilkas(it isn't Shilka in reality) and then blow all of them. After that get the #### out of the area quickly but still carefully. 4 men isn't really optimal squad to fight against platoon which might follow you.

Long range patrol recon group leader in finnish army.

Well. it is Shilka. In english it is Shilka, ok(ZSU-23-4 Shilka). There's no other name in english. In russian language it is:ZSU = Zenitnaya Samokhodnaya Ustanovka.

Just, though you should know. Maybee it is Zhilka in finnish language.

(Edited by SpaceAlex at 6:30 am on Nov. 27, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Unl33t on 8:16 am on Nov. 27, 2001

Whatever is done in OFP would not be done in real life.<span id='postcolor'>

...are you saying in real life three people would never be assigned to destroy some vehicles with some explosives, is the mission itself unrealistic?

i have to agree...i hate it that some missions seem to be straight out of an action movie (Goldeneye anyone?) steel a tank and destroy everything would NOT be in a real soldiers fieldmanual :biggrin: thats why i refuse to do stuff like that...well, ok, only in the Red Dawn mission where u can steel the chopper...i have to admit, i did that smile.gif

i have no idea how a real team would do it, but i found the easiest way was to get undetected to the western shilka (Zhilka- whatever) take it out with a LAW then when the other 2 come charging in to find out whats going on- blow them up too.