Sign in to follow this  
Billy Bones

Illegal Copies Ma Degrade ?

After playing for some time , I am looking for the main mans sidekick , went to the power station old guy wasn't pleased about letting me search the place but didn't find anyone. Went to the church in town again nothing , went to the police station check the rooms on all levels and out to the roof, when I came back down and out the door of the police station , right in front of my gun [ i ] sight had these words in front of it .. Illegal Copies Ma Degrade .. is that supposed to come up ?

Maybe it was ingamechat after someone joined after disconnect with 2nd same called playername.

Or someone with a illegal copy got removed and you read that in big letters left bottom screen

I was in Single player and it is a Legal copy ...

aram22.jpg

arma21.jpg

ICMDf-1.jpg

Edited by Billy Bones

Normally happens when the DRM is triggered, didn't patch 1.05 remove the DRM? If you havent got the patch I'd get it.

Could possibly be cause by a mod too, not sure which ones would do it though.

FADE will never be removed, IF it even can be. all the patch did is get rid of securom or the disk check or what ever

I would try to just do a full reinstall, and see if that fixes it. are you suffering from other symtoms of fade, like decreased weapon accuracy, wierd fx, random teleportation, turining into a seagull ect?

Hang on, if it's the DRM, should it not say 'may' degrade? This clearly says 'ma' degrade.

@The OP: Is this the campaign, or a mission you've downloaded?

I`d reinstall in that case too, than use the 1.00 to 1.05 Patch, with that it`s no longer needed to have the ArmA 2 DVD in the drive.

@The OP: Is this the campaign, or a mission you've downloaded?

Yep if it's a downloaded mission that miss spelled "degrade" message coul have been put there for fun :p

After playing for some time , I am looking for the main mans sidekick , went to the power station old guy wasn't pleased about letting me search the place but didn't find anyone. Went to the church in town again nothing , went to the police station check the rooms on all levels and out to the roof, when I came back down and out the door of the police station , right in front of my gun [ i ] sight had these words in front of it .. Illegal Copies Ma Degrade .. is that supposed to come up ?

It looks like he is playing razor 2

The basic game install is 1.015 .. do I need to install the 1.01 patch or just start from 1.02 ?

The basic game install is 1.015 .. do I need to install the 1.01 patch or just start from 1.02 ?

You should be fine getting patch 1.05.

so I don't need to install anything but 1.5 on top of the basic game .. ? I thought id have to install 1.2 1.3 1.4 then 1.5 .. I take it 1.5 includes all the others then ?

I thought he did.
so I don't need to install anything but 1.5 on top of the basic game .. ? I thought id have to install 1.2 1.3 1.4 then 1.5 .. I take it 1.5 includes all the others then ?

You both should start reading the readmes of the patches, we include them for just such reasons ;)

Prepare for to play a new game once you install 1.05.