Sign in to follow this  
DancZer

CreateDialog without losing control

Is it possible to create dialog with buttons on screen while using it player does not lose control of the character, vehicle?

I'm trying to create it with createDialog function, but i lose controll of character while its active.

you should not use createdialog. but instead use cutRsc..

The answer to the question is no. If you use cutRsc you will not have the cursor to click the button, so it is kind of pointless. But if you use something other than a button to make selections or what not you can have the GUI element present and still move the character if you use cutRsc.

I am sure if you are more specific with what you are attemtping to achieve that there are plenty of people that have came up with a work around.

what you can do is make a combonation of both cutRsc and CreateDialog.

you open the cutRsc as example the main dialog. then when pressed a key.. example home. you disable this CutRcs and open a new one with CreateDialog.

in general you make a toggle function between this two dialog function with a keypress.

it is possible with a workaround...

but there is ways to use only cutRsc with keypresses only to navigate through menu or example catch spesific keypresses to do wanted functions.if thats what you want.

Edited by nuxil