Sign in to follow this  
BennyBoy

Break/Tail Lights show as black

I can't for the life of me figure out why my tail light transparent areas show as black, they are using the correct textures and rvmats as far as I can tell:

ca\wheeled\data\cessna_redlight.tga

&

ca\data\data\default_flash_2pass.rvmat

Any tips would be really appreciated as this is holding up the release of nice little toy :D

Try selecting the relevant faces and re-ordering the faces using the Faces Menu ... Move top ... Move bottom ... etc.

Planck

Will give it a try, thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Well, that changes the display order but they still have a black fill where the transparency should be :/

Well I know I had this at one time, wish I could remember how I fixed it exactly. :confused:

Planck

OK, managed to sort this out - I extracted the rvmat and placed it in the correct path in P: - it looks like binpbo actually needs to read the rvmat in to make the lights work correctly. I had just figured that it would read it in when the engine started and that it wasnt required when binarising.

thanks had this problem as well, think had the right paths for the rvmat but will check later.

OK, managed to sort this out - I extracted the rvmat and placed it in the correct path in P: - it looks like binpbo actually needs to read the rvmat in to make the lights work correctly. I had just figured that it would read it in when the engine started and that it wasnt required when binarising.

tried it, didnt work