Sign in to follow this  
user3242

Help Dedicated Server...

hi all,

Firstly sorry for my english.

so i have armed assault patched 1.14 installed on vista ultimate,i want to make my own server dedicated,so i start arma_server.exe its say host identified successful etc...,i launch my arma game its launch correctly but when i clik on multiplayer the game crash,not the server,its say:arma:arma.exe,the instruction memory...the memory cant be read clik ok or cancel for debug the program,sry for english the message was in french,so i need help but peoples can connect to my server,i see on arma_server.exe,thanks you for help me quickly.

cya!

ps:iam using a crack nocd v1.14 beacause my dvd is unreadable.

Edited by user3242

i am using a crack nocd v1.14 beacause my dvd is unreadable.

im assuming this could be your issue, but not sure. probably best you get a new version of arma.

maybe someone else might have an answer.

this is server configuration info for Arma though:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_configuration

ps:iam using a crack nocd v1.14 beacause my dvd is unreadable.

That should not be posted here, and yes that might be your problem.

Why not patch to 1.18 RC and try from there.

thanks you for your help,but can you explain me easiest whats i have to do exactly for create a dedicated server,i saw your link but if i understand well:i create a new text file called server.cfg,basic.cfg and server.armaprofile i write my setting i want in these files,i put all these files to my arma directory and i start the game with:-cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -profiles=D:\ArmA\Users\server -name=server ,and i launch the game go to multiplayer and its ok?

ps:beacause 1.18 patch is beta and there not many server on.

Edited by user3242
x

simple server.cfg

password = "SERVER PW"; 
passwordAdmin = "ADMIN PW"; 

hostname="MY SERVER NAME";

motd[]=
{
"Welcome to my server name",
"hello world",
};

motdInterval=50;

voteThreshold=0.25;

maxPlayers=10;

/*
Gamespy reporting url for public server list inclusion
use 127.0.0.1 for LAN server               
use "arma2pc.master.gamespy.com" for reportingIP if not LAN
*/
reportingIP="127.0.0.1";

logfile="myserver.log";

-make in notepad, name server.cfg (NOT server.cfg.txt)

-place in server folder

armaserver.exe

-config=server.cfg

-add to end of target line in arma server shortcut

It has been awhile since I did arma 1 server, but that should get you started. That is just the basics, plenty more info out there to be found if you search for it... ;)

thanks you very much bro

ps:arma.exe still crash with "memory cant be "read",i think its my crack nocd,i will try to buy another dvd,post closed thanks for help.

Edited by user3242

i live in france,my dvd cant install the game but its half detected,but now i have my cracked exe,i dont have my original 1.14 exe,can you send me a copy?

I BUYED A FUCKING NEW ARMA DVD AND I LAUNCH ARMA SERVER,MY GAME STILL CRASH,iam on vista ultimate,admin acc.,latest version,arma_server work,sorry iam upset! error message:Arma:Arma.exe memory cant be "read"...

HELP PLEASE!!!!

suggest you go to the Vista trouble shooting thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=63474

from what i remember if it is correct, is you either have to much memory, i bleieve you only need 4 gigs to run Arma, anymore than that i think you get an error like your getting, im not totally sure but its a vista issue not Arma.

and relax, arma is a complex game its big and customary, good games like this take a little more time to get going, but once you do its an hell of an experience.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Mosh have a question for you.

My unit has its own Arma server and i had to renstall a mod, i have several mods that i use, anyways im trying to make sure if the command line is setup right heres what i got

we have a default command line

-config=server.cfg verifySignatures=1 persistent=1 -netlog -port=2302 verifySignatures=1 mod=warmod

then my buddy who is admin made another command line for my mod Warmod so this is what it looks like:

-config=server.cfg verifySignatures=1 persistent=1 -netlog -port=2302 verifySignatures=1 mod=@ECS;@WarMod;@GL3 

is the 2nd command line correct?

if so dont the 1st command line which is default have to be the same setup for the mods, or dont it matter?

thanks for any help

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Have another problem with the server, and it is when i choose Evolution blue,

the server sits at a voting countdown instead of going to the mission, when the countdown stops, nothing happens, what can i do?

how do i get rid of the vote thing so when i pick a map it just loads,

all the defaut maps that come for mp load but not domination or evolution blue.

id like to help you if i had an idea of how to do it but the last pic i think you might get a better response if the error message was in english, perhaps you could post a reply in english, doubt if i could help but maybe someone could.

we have a default command line

-config=server.cfg verifySignatures=1 persistent=1 -netlog -port=2302 verifySignatures=1 mod=warmod

then my buddy who is admin made another command line for my mod Warmod so this is what it looks like:

-config=server.cfg verifySignatures=1 persistent=1 -netlog -port=2302 verifySignatures=1 mod=@ECS;@WarMod;@GL3 

is the 2nd command line correct?

if so dont the 1st command line which is default have to be the same setup for the mods, or dont it matter?

You have mod= Try -mod=.

Can't you just put verifySignatures=1 persistent=1 in the server.cfg?

verifySignatures=1;
persistent=1;

command line could be this then

-config=server.cfg -netlog -port=2302 -mod=@ECS;@WarMod;@GL3

I'm not 100% sure, been awhile since I admin a server... hope it helps

how do i get rid of the vote thing so when i pick a map it just loads,

@user3242, sorry I couldn't help

so i post screenshot of my problem,i hope its will help you to solve it:
According your screen shots, you're trying to load server.exe as config file. You probably want to use -config=server.cfg instead.

no,its an error on this screencap but i use .cfg,please help me help me pleaseeee

Thanks for your help Mosh I have it figured out now, i was missing the - in

-mod and everything else is right.

wtf you are in my post,its MY post,MY problem!

i understand, but on bis forums here, if you have a similier problem in which a topic is already discussing then starting a new post would be considered spam and really not right.

wtf you are in my post,its MY post,MY problem!

I understand you have a problem with what your doing but having a bad attitude out of frustration really wont get you any replies or answers, people will just avoid you.

i would like to help if i could but your not really specific at which your problem is, details are important as i suggested before you had a pic with your error, but its in a different language which i do not speak or understand, and probably the same for quite a few folks on the forums here, clarification and details will help you out, im willign to give you any help i can just be more specifc.

thanks you all,i formated and switched to windows 7,its work fine,its a pleasure to be host.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

another question,i want make all soldiers of a team visible on the map,how?