Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Cheapest Servers?

So I am trying to find a ArmA 2 server for all my missions because it gets hard hosting so many people. However, I cant seem to find a decent costing ArmA 2 hosting site, they run at like 3.50 a slot (in the US) and its kind of over priced in my opinion...

Anyone know of a good US server rental place that doesn't charge an arm and a leg?

try, Art Of War Central

http://artofwarcentral.com/arma2_game_servers.asp

my Unit has an Arma server through them.

I just cancelled having them... to be honest I had a LOT of issues with them in the past.

As for the jestsservers... they are good and cheap but have a slot requirement that is out of my range.

Edited by HavocDemon

We have a server through Defcon Servers. A 10 man server for $30.00 a month, and their support is first class!!

$0.99 per slot. Pay as you go. No setup fee. Great stability and no lag. We use them for our server and have no problems whatsoever.

Check it out here: www.leagueservers.com

Defcon servers all the way,i run a 20 slot server through them and considering upping it to 30+.

Yeah, but they don't really qualify as "cheapest servers" :confused: - they cost twice as much as leagueservers.com.

Well they way i look at it, you might spend double canceling a service because they suck ? So you pay more for top notch support and smooth servers, But idk i have never tryed leagueservers :]

Well they way i look at it, you might spend double canceling a service because they suck ? So you pay more for top notch support and smooth servers, But idk i have never tryed leagueservers :]

I have no problems with them, top quality and service. And because you pay as you go (month by month), there is no "paying double" - you have zero risk. :bounce3:

We run a 50 slot server for $49.50, and your 20 slot server would go for $19.50, beat that :-)

Edited by qwertz

For the sake of having less or no lag preferrably what servers would you reccomend for Armed Assault?

i noticed League servers only has Arma 2 so maybe defcon might be better.

Defcon or league servers.

currently My unit is with Art of War central and well its ok, price is cheap but im not sure if its the mission (Evolution Blue) or our server or both, cuz i always get lag and it sucks.

how do these servers perform for your squad or unit in terms of running a mission with 5+ guys?

For the sake of having less or no lag preferrably what servers would you reccomend for Armed Assault?

i noticed League servers only has Arma 2 so maybe defcon might be better.

Defcon or league servers.

currently My unit is with Art of War central and well its ok, price is cheap but im not sure if its the mission (Evolution Blue) or our server or both, cuz i always get lag and it sucks.

how do these servers perform for your squad or unit in terms of running a mission with 5+ guys?

We have no server lag. All I can suggest is to check them out.

The smallest server they have is 12 slot for regular $12, but they have a promotion right now (code=50perc) so you get your first month for $6 :D.

If you don't like them, just don't buy another month - total risk is $6.

The smallest server they have is 12 slot for regular $12

that is pretty cheap, I checked out League servers and chatted with a support represenative, sounds like a good place to be.

I like the fact they have server CPU priority, and they do have something for Arma.

thanks for your feedback

that is pretty cheap, I checked out League servers and chatted with a support represenative, sounds like a good place to be.

I like the fact they have server CPU priority, and they do have something for Arma.

thanks for your feedback

Glad I could help - have fun :yay:

How much bandwidth is needed for a arma2 server?? The dedicated servers sound interesting.

How much bandwidth is needed for a arma2 server?? The dedicated servers sound interesting.

Game servers use very little bandwidth. Not even really noticeable.

The big thing that tends to effect performance from what I have been told and kinda experienced is the quality, speed, and age of the hard drives.

When I first mentioned to my GPS the possibility of ArmA:2 server and that it would have bots, lots of them we were both concerned about the CPU load. Well we ramped it up with a shed load of bots, some flying, driving paroling and all sorts. Set up full scale battles, got a load of us to jump in the server and watch, very impressive it was too. The company admin watched the CPU load while we played. First test with all four cores, load was low. Now our server is just using one core and several other games servers are running off the same box. We rent our 20-man server here in the UK for £24 per month, no lag and no issues + great support!

THanks for the help everyone... I like the look of League Servers so I am gonna give them a chance. Thanks for the info!

Could we get an update from anyone running a League server. Performance issues? Lag? Support drama? Thumbs up?

Thanks.

Could we get an update from anyone running a League server. Performance issues? Lag? Support drama? Thumbs up?

Thanks.

Not to go into too many details, but yes I have a friend who used them. I can send them to you if you want to speak to them. About 2 or 3 months ago I was looking for server options (I had Art Of War at the time and don't recommend them either because I get the feeling they had no clue what ARMA is at times - took them over a month of me complaining of lag and crash issues then they said - Oh yeah we have a fix for that. AOW did get back to me and followed up even with phone calls, however). My friend who had league servers was not happy with the service and when ACE came out they were getting no support at all at the time. I haven't spoken to them lately, but my guess is they stopped running a server or moved on.

I found a friend through a friend regarding Jest servers and all I can say is I get 100% support, more than I can ask for. I think leagueservers was a few dollars cheaper and I spoke to Jest servers about the cost difference. Regardless I want to be faithful to Jest for the work they have done for me and my clan. I send an email or ticket and get almost an immediate response. They are working with me on two 16 man servers, 1 for ACE and they are getting it setup for auto updates. Cost is very good and I am getting a TS to boot.

You won't go wrong.

http://www.jestservers.com/

Edited by Tom_Anger

regarding Jest servers and all I can say is I get 100% support, more than I can ask for. I think leagueservers was a few dollars cheaper and I spoke to Jest servers about the cost difference. Regardless I want to be faithful to Jest for the work they have done for me and my clan. I send an email or ticket and get almost an immediate response. They are working with me on two 16 man servers, 1 for ACE and they are getting it setup for auto updates. Cost is very good and I am getting a TS to boot.

You won't go wrong.

http://www.jestservers.com/

I couldn't agree more. I used jest for a few months when Arma 2 first came out and hated to cancel my server, but I had to (laid off). I have tried another company recently, to get the 50% off the first month and test them out... I don't feel I got my money's worth.

When I can afford to host another server I will pay jest's price (it's more, no doubt about it) but I will be much more satisfied with the service and quality I will receive.