Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Cheapest Servers?

Not to go into too many details, but yes I have a friend who used them. I can send them to you if you want to speak to them. About 2 or 3 months ago I was looking for server options (I had Art Of War at the time and don't recommend them either because I get the feeling they had no clue what ARMA is at times - took them over a month of me complaining of lag and crash issues then they said - Oh yeah we have a fix for that. AOW did get back to me and followed up even with phone calls, however). My friend who had league servers was not happy with the service and when ACE came out they were getting no support at all at the time. I haven't spoken to them lately, but my guess is they stopped running a server or moved on.

I found a friend through a friend regarding Jest servers and all I can say is I get 100% support, more than I can ask for. I think leagueservers was a few dollars cheaper and I spoke to Jest servers about the cost difference. Regardless I want to be faithful to Jest for the work they have done for me and my clan. I send an email or ticket and get almost an immediate response. They are working with me on two 16 man servers, 1 for ACE and they are getting it setup for auto updates. Cost is very good and I am getting a TS to boot.

You won't go wrong.

http://www.jestservers.com/

Wow that looks indeed attractive - $63.20 bucks for 64 slots in NY is actually the same price as leagueservers.

Wow that looks indeed attractive - $63.20 bucks for 64 slots in NY is actually the same price as leagueservers.

For a full 64 man server his prices are actually really good, maybe even the cheapest. But his pricing for lesser slot servers is a little higher than some others.

Either way, you get what you pay for. I'd rather rent from a guy who plays games and knows his shit than rent from well... you know, people that don't know shit. :rolleyes:

I ran a dedicated server and it all depends on the mission type. Domination can use 600MB ram easy + 600MB in virtual ram. 2 or more cores of a 5540 Xeon, and as for bandwidth I've seen it take up to 700KBps not even full. That's not much to some people, but about 300GB a month if it was around the 600-700KBps constantly. Of course mine was not constant in population :P

I just play on 3rd Mar Div. servers for a good time, best admins I've ever seen...in any game lately.

I ran with league servers and the price was amazing, but some support tickets took a very very long time. I never got to really test the performance.

Could we get an update from anyone running a League server. Performance issues? Lag? Support drama? Thumbs up?

Thanks.

Here's what I think after 1 month with them...

Better yet, how about just a thumbs down, it would do me no good to bash them here. I wouldn't stay with them if it was free. Their support staff is... lacking knowledge, to say the least.

Anyone else interested in a server, do yourself a favor and try some of the others listed here.

I ran a dedicated server and it all depends on the mission type. Domination can use 600MB ram easy + 600MB in virtual ram. 2 or more cores of a 5540 Xeon, and as for bandwidth I've seen it take up to 700KBps not even full. That's not much to some people, but about 300GB a month if it was around the 600-700KBps constantly. Of course mine was not constant in population :P

I just play on 3rd Mar Div. servers for a good time, best admins I've ever seen...in any game lately.

I ran with league servers and the price was amazing, but some support tickets took a very very long time. I never got to really test the performance.

Thanks a lot kevin, enjoy having you on our servers. We appreciate the kind words. Yes we run with Jest Servers and it is amazing. I am a former GSP owner myself.

We use Leagueservers and I have not had any issues with them at all. Here is my two cents. If you are a small group that just want to play some custom missions or different maps, then leagueservers is your best route. It's cheap, fast to set up and their support is good enough for small clans/groups.

I pay under 12.00 for a 12 man server right in Chicago where we all ping great.

We run mostly Dula in Domination style with ACE MOD and love the server.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/75.102.10.218:2314/ if anyone is ever interested in a relaxed, care free server where we all work as a team. We customized our Domination maps to give everyone a taste of what they want, fly, drive or shoot.

I have a 26man private server from leagueservers for 15.00/month but I found out this morning that in order to create custom commandlines to use mods, you have to have a public server.

Keep that in mind if you are looking to leagueservers for a private server. Their public prices are still much cheaper than anywhere else.

Haven't had much play experience on the server so I cannot comment on performance.

I am looking at renting an ArmA 2 game server and I had a few questions.....I'm sure some are noob questions!! :)

1. File Manager + FTP Access - I assume that this would allow me to upload different addons(maps, missions, etc.) quickly without having to submit a support ticket?

2. Command Line Viewer/Editor - I assume this will allow you to launch ArmA 2 with the addons that I want to use? If I change what addons I want then I have to shut down the game, edit the command line and then launch the game?

3. After comparing game servers from AOW, Jest, Zeb, Defcon, League and Counter-Strike.com, it seems that Jest is the only one that supports daily updates for ACE 2?

Thanks for the help!

We use Leagueservers and I have not had any issues with them at all. Here is my two cents. If you are a small group that just want to play some custom missions or different maps, then leagueservers is your best route. It's cheap, fast to set up and their support is good enough for small clans/groups.

I pay under 12.00 for a 12 man server right in Chicago where we all ping great.

We run mostly Dula in Domination style with ACE MOD and love the server.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/75.102.10.218:2314/ if anyone is ever interested in a relaxed, care free server where we all work as a team. We customized our Domination maps to give everyone a taste of what they want, fly, drive or shoot.

Do they do an automated daily ACE 2 update?

Well, I thought I would get a bit more traffic in regards to this post?

Anyway, I contacted 6 different companies yesterday as I was looking for an ArmA 2 game server. I figured since I was possibly new business that my questions would get some kind of timely response. That was my first test.....just to find out how long it takes to respond.

Out of the 6 I contacted, only 3 answered me back and only 1 had their online support chat.....online. Although, not all offer online support.

Results:

1. LeagueServers.com - answered all of my questions today and doubled their prices for an ArmA 2 game server. It was .99 slot, now it is $2.00 slot.

2. Counter-StrikeServers.com - answered me via email the same day I contacted them! Customer service is responsive within a few hours. Biggest downfall is they don't support six-updater or Yoma's Tool.

3. ZebGames.com - answered me via email the same day I contacted them! :)

4. DefconServers.com - hasn't answered me yet? Are they out of business? :(

5. ArtofWar.com - They were the only company that had an online support person......online. They were very helpful and answered my questions ASAP. :)

6. JestServers.com - hasn't answered me? Are they out of business as well? :(

7. Proclanhosting.com - Answered me via email within 10 minutes of submitting my questions! :)

8. Kickassvps.com - You get a VPS for $30ish a month!

9. Lowpinggameservers.com - Their online support was online! They offer a 10 man ArmA 2 game server for $19.90 with 12GB RAM! They use Yoma's to keep ACE 2 updated as well. They have the ULTIMATE customer service. They created my server within minutes of ordering and ACE2, CAA1/OAC were installed within minutes. They continually answer tickets quickly.

Edited by kMaN_(KYA)

I use proclanhosting.com

I've used alot of server companies in my years (over a decade's worth actually - sheesh I'm old lol). Anyway, the customer support at proclan beats anything I've ever seen. There was a problem with server migration. The server tech worked through the Christmas holiday to get the problem fixed. Even though I chewed him out for it, I was still grateful. IMHO, that's worth the $3 a slot.

I use proclanhosting.com

I've used alot of server companies in my years (over a decade's worth actually - sheesh I'm old lol). Anyway, the customer support at proclan beats anything I've ever seen. There was a problem with server migration. The server tech worked through the Christmas holiday to get the problem fixed. Even though I chewed him out for it, I was still grateful. IMHO, that's worth the $3 a slot.

Thanks, I will look at them as well.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

I use proclanhosting.com

Wow! I sent in my question and within 1o minutes they answered me back!

http://www.kickassvps.com/

Rent a VPS. Cheaper + You can run ArmA on it :)

Ran one through kickass for the free month, worked great. Ran one off of the windows EntryVPS.

I'd say try them if you know how to setup a dedi, they have a 30 day money back.

http://www.kickassvps.com/

Rent a VPS. Cheaper + You can run ArmA on it :)

Ran one through kickass for the free month, worked great. Ran one off of the windows EntryVPS.

I'd say try them if you know how to setup a dedi, they have a 30 day money back.

Thanks for the link! I looked at the entry EntryVPS and it has 960mb RAM, is that enough to run ArmA 2? I guess player limit would be the deciding factor?

Also, the monthly Data Transfer limit is 100 GB, I have no idea if this is enough?

Are you still running an ArmA or ArmA 2 server through them?

It does seem to be a pretty good idea. The other companies are charging roughly $30-40 a month for an 8-12 player server.

Now, if only I could get a How-To guide to setting up a dedicated server. :)

Edited by kMaN_(KYA)

Running a game server on vps is certainly breaking the providers tos agreement you better check on that because there will not be a refund if you are.

Running a game server on vps is certainly breaking the providers tos agreement you better check on that because there will not be a refund if you are.

I'm not sure what you are talking about but I rent a gamer server from www.counter-strike.com.

I was referring to Mikobiko post. I didnt know cs.com rented arma2 servers.

No worries. They rent out quite a few games.

They allow it, they couldn't care less what you run. You get a chunk of resources, if you use to much they will trottle you.

Feel free to use live chat to confirm, its how I did before signing up.

No worries. They rent out quite a few games.

yeah selling them for .79/slot wont last long once they see the resource usage. Even using a linux distro the game still uses over 600mb memory for a 10 slot server full.

yeah selling them for .79/slot wont last long once they see the resource usage. Even using a linux distro the game still uses over 600mb memory for a 10 slot server full.

That's what I think happened with www.leagueservers.com, they were .79 a slot and then they went to 2.00 a slot.

Well, at least I will get .79 a slot while it lasts. :) I do like the whole VPS because then I can have remote access in and set stuff up like Yoma's or Six-Updater.

Well, I thought I would get a bit more traffic in regards to this post?

Anyway, I contacted 6 different companies yesterday as I was looking for an ArmA 2 game server. I figured since I was possibly new business that my questions would get some kind of timely response. That was my first test.....just to find out how long it takes to respond.

Out of the 6 I contacted, only 3 answered me back and only 1 had their online support chat.....online. Although, not all offer online support.

Results:

1. LeagueServers.com - answered all of my questions today and doubled their prices for an ArmA 2 game server. It was .99 slot, now it is $2.00 slot.

2. Counter-StrikeServers.com - answered me via email the same day I contacted them!

3. ZebGames.com - answered me via email the same day I contacted them! :)

4. DefconServers.com - hasn't answered me yet? Are they out of business? :(

5. ArtofWar.com - They were the only company that had an online support person......online. They were very helpful and answered my questions ASAP. :)

6. JestServers.com - hasn't answered me? Are they out of business as well? :(

7. Proclanhosting.com - Answered me via email within 10 minutes of submitting my questions! :)

8. Kickassvps.com - You get a VPS for $30ish a month!

9. Lowpinggameservers.com - Their online support was online! They offer a 10 man ArmA 2 game server for $11.95 with 12GB RAM! They use Yoma's to keep ACE 2 updated as well.

So, I decided to go with www.counter-strike.com to get my 10-player ArmA 2 Game Server located in Chicago. I ordered it in the morning and by the afternoon, they had gotten my server up and running.

Unfortunately, www.counter-strike.com doesn't support nor do they know how to use the six-updater or Yoma's tools. I had to manually upload ACE2 and CAA1/OAC which meant I had to do that everytime there was a update to ACE2. This is the biggest disadvantage with them if you use mods such as that. They also initially installed the 1.04 instead of 1.05 but updated soon after I created a support ticket.

They usually responded to my support tickets with a few hours and had good customer service. They are just counter-strike centric but I knew that going into renting the game server from them.

The server ran well and the ping wasn't bad for a game server that costs $12.50 monthly. I chose to switch game server companies since they do not support six-updater or Yoma's Tool.

I chose to go with www.lowpinggameservers.com next. They actually had someone online for their online support chat. Within a few minutes of ordering my 10-player ArmA 2 Game Server they had it up and running! They offer excellent support for ArmA 2.

In the sites game control panel, you can install ACE 2 and CAA1/OAC and within a few minutes they were installed and ready to go. They also create the command lines for you when you install those two mods!

They have what I call the ULTIMATE customer service, my ArmA 2 Game Server was up and running with the ACE2 and CAA1/OAC mods installed within 30 minutes after I ordered the server!!! They have answered my support tickets within minutes of me creating them.

the server ran well and the ping wasn't bad for a game server that costs $11.95 monthly and comes with a FREE 10-player TS3 server as well as FREE clan web hosting!

I am definitely recommend www.lowpinggameservers.com if you are looking for a small ArmA 2 server. Plus, the FREE TS3 and web-hosting is hard to beat for the price!

Heya KMan I never got your email or ticket at jestservers.com When did you send it and how?

Kevin5, I used the Preferred Method under the contact us on www.jestservers.com. I did that on 3/18/2010. I had a game server with counter-strike for a month and switched to lowpingservers. Glad to see that your not out of business! :)