Sign in to follow this  
mali robot

Broken last save and now cannot continue mission?

I played Dogs of War mission, wasted four hours for nothing, because now my last save is broken. Game crashed during reload of last save, and after that nada, nista, nothing. And every time I try to continue this mission it does it again.

But what about other saves, other slots that were are use, how can I load them instead last save that is apparently broken?

I just wanna finish this mission and campaign. My first attempt was when I bought the game, it had many bugs then, and this time campaign had less bugs and still... no luck.

I did it, I have found folder where Arma 2 saves are, deleted last save, but also had to delete one more file, I think it was campaign.sqc, and after that i could load older save. It was that easy.

Yeah, I continued to play Dogs of War mission and finally completed it!

I did it, I have found folder where Arma 2 saves are, deleted last save, but also had to delete one more file, I think it was campaign.sqc, and after that i could load older save. It was that easy.

Yeah, I continued to play Dogs of War mission and finally completed it!

There is a 'revert' button in the campaign menu, just select the mission you want to revert back to and click it. ;)

Thanx, but you misunderstood what the problem was.

Reverting the mission means starting it all over again, I just wanted to continue from earlier save point inside mission which cannot be accessed via campaign menu.

That means I have to click resume button which loads last save, and only after that I can access other saves of particular mission by pressing escape, selecting revert, and so on...

Anyway, problem was that last save was corrupt, so I couldn't load any save of Dogs of War mission at all. And so I had to manually delete corrupted file from folder where saves are located to able to continue mission.

Thanx, but you misunderstood what the problem was.

Reverting the mission means starting it all over again, I just wanted to continue from earlier save point inside mission which cannot be accessed via campaign menu.

That means I have to click resume button which loads last save, and only after that I can access other saves of particular mission by pressing escape, selecting revert, and so on...

Anyway, problem was that last save was corrupt, so I couldn't load any save of Dogs of War mission at all. And so I had to manually delete corrupted file from folder where saves are located to able to continue mission.

Ah i see. My mistake, i assumed that it was patch-related. ;)

Im having exact same problem with the Badlands mission. I had taken control of 3 out of the 4 towns, met the NAPA bloke and saved my game. Went to continue tonight, and it crashes to Desktop everytime i try to load my game saying it cannot load the save game. I am not going to restart the same mission, it took me 2 days to get that far into the mission. ( I dont get as much time to play as some people, work long hours with multiple jobs ), so this is a game killer for me if there is no workaround.

I tried deleting the continue.ArmA2Save but that didnt help. tried deleting the last save, that didnt help, and if I delete the campaign.sqc it puts me at the start of the entire campaign ( good job i backed up my save folder ).

Any suggestions out there?