Sign in to follow this  
lawndartleo

Start in helo

I have searched all over, I have fiddled in the editor endlessly. All I want is an air start with the squad in the helo headed towards the LZ. To this point, I can do it except when I tell the squad to dismount, the entire aircrew does, too.

Along those same lines, why cant I get a helo start from the LHD? What is the trick to having a chopper waiting on deck? I can place me squad on deck, they are all there. I place a helo, I see it on map but its either in the ship or under water... not sure where.

Help!

1. Put this in your squad leader's init box:

{_x moveInCargo HELICOPTERNAME} forEach units group this;

, that should make that group start in the helicopter. To make only the squad get out and not the crew I usually just use a "TRANSPORT UNLOAD" or "UNLOAD" waypoint, or if I need it to land in a specific location I will use:

HELINAME land "GETOUT";

with an invisible H.

To start it on the LHD on Utes just setPos it to the right height, for example in the init field of the chopper:

this setPos [(getPos this select 0), (getPos this select 1), 16

you may need to change the last value (16) to the desired height.

At the risk of a ban.... Pete, I have been searching. and nothing I have run across is of any help. I do not appreciate your pointers to threats and admonitions. I, too, moderate a forum, for MS Flight Simulator addons and put up with lots of redundant questions but am kind enough to point in the right direction and lock the offending thread.

ARMA is far more complicated than FS will ever be and must require an incridible level of support. Sometime searches come up dry because a user really isn't sure what to search on, thus they get to the point of asking a question. How about posting a response that says, " search on _________ and you will find what you need" and then closing the thread.

Andy, thank you for your help, THAT was appreciated

Edited by lawndartleo