Sign in to follow this  
Lightninguk

Picture at start of mission

picture can somebody help me out ,when i start the missions up i like it to show a picture and play custom music can somebodt please post astep by step or a template on a mission that i can unpbo and see how it done please

thanks for your time in this matter

i know the files are ogg but were can i get a program that change a music file to a ogg file

I think the program to change to Ogg is Audacity or something similar, do you mean show a picture in the briefing or afterwards?

If you just want to convert a short sound or music clip, OggDropXPD is a really simple tool that I've used for mission stuff (it's literally drag-n-drop to use).

http://www.rarewares.org/ogg-oggdropxpd.php

Like Andy said, Audacity is a handy editor if you need to adjust your clips.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

As to splash screens at mission load, there used to be a tutorial around here somewhere (I'll have a look in my old links at home). It's pretty simple stuff, actually.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Also, with regards to intro/outro music/sounds:

I typically try to use the following standard format from the BI wiki (these were noted for custom sound use, but apply well to any sound/music files you'll use in a mission).

Sampling rate of 44.1 kHz is OK.

Stereo isn't really needed, and as benefit mono will reduce filesize

For simulated radio transmissions 16 Bit sampling format is best. For better quality stay with 32 Bit, but consider the bigger filesize.

*this is where Audacity comes in handy

And remember, music can greatly increase the size of your mission file (a short clip can literally double the size).

Edited by Thirdup

I think the program to change to Ogg is Audacity or something similar, do you mean show a picture in the briefing or afterwards?

Personally i want it to show at the start of the mission, something that kind of fades in and out of view, like a logo.

Not in the briefing :)

As to splash screens at mission load, there used to be a tutorial around here somewhere (I'll have a look in my old links at home). It's pretty simple stuff, actually.

anybody knows were it is

You could check this mission (open it and look how its made). It has the image at startup. Stiff is the guy who made it and he has a thread in the user mission thread here on the forums. Ask in his thread or PM him maybe. Post your results as it will help many others. :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6162

yer thank if anybody can help great makeatest mission with it in then i can see how it done thanks