Sign in to follow this  
godmode

Error: "config : some input after EndOfFile"

this is the error message i get when trying to host a game since i updated ACE2 to 0.1.199 yesterday. i first deleted ace and reinstalled nothing changed. i tried arma without ace, same error. i deleted the whole arma folder and put in my arma2 backup, same error. i updated my arma2 backup, still same error. i updated ACE2 to ...202 today but nothing is changing. i have no intention of installing all the shit again it takes hours at least so what is the problem with this game?

i only found three threads to this problem in the whole internet the first in this forum was about someone getting this error after opening his self made maps and textures if i remember right but i have no clue about and there was no detailed description to what file must be changed where so it was not helpful. the other two threads were not really answered to.

i found the arma2.cfg but i cant do anything with it since i have no idea what i must do. it doesnt even look like there would be some endoffile it just looks like a standart config to me with no \\\\\\\\ or ----- or something to mark an end of the file. this error just makes no sense at all can anyone help me?

I have exactly the same problem ... and nobody seem to have it.

It worked perfectly for a long time... and even before ACE2.

It seem that some kind of addon or update has made this problem occur.

Its really annoying as I am working on an important Arma 2 Online Campaign.. which will have a large player base connected to it....

Can some of you geniuses out there please stand up! :9

Hugs Teq

its a config inside an addon causing it. find and delete your arma2.rpt. should be in a similar location C:\Documents and Settings\randy\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2. delete the rpt then fire up your game. then go open the newly created rpt after the game exits. should find some clue as to which addon config is messed up

Here is what I got on the arma.rpt:

Mods: CA

Distribution: 1466

Exe version: 1.05.62017

File description.ext, line 28: '.titleParam1': Missing ';' at the end of line

File Range\range.hpp, line 425: '/DlgMortar/ResetButton.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File ext\map.hpp, line 3: '/RscMapControl.stickX': Missing ';' prior '}'

ErrorMessage: Config : some input after EndOfFile.

Missing ';' prior '}' can be if they forgot [] after array's name. look at that line (3-4) of file.

ok it worked with the arma.rpt and this is what i get out: File Res\Spectating.hpp, line 11: '/rscSpectate/controls/mouseHandler.onMouseZChanged': Missing ';' at the end of line

File x_dlg\dummy.hpp, line 121: '/RscMapControl.stickX': Missing ';' prior '}'

ErrorMessage: Config : some input after EndOfFile.

now the next problem is i cant find anything mentioned in this line theres is neither a spectating.hpp on my whole pc nor a dummy.hpp. and yes i have marked show hidden files in my windows.

edit: theres also no Res or x_dlg folder i can find. in fact theres not anything mentioned in the errorline i can find -_- useless sh**

edit2: okok now i deleted all my MP-missions (after backing them up ofcourse) and it works again so i guess the files im searching for are packed into any of theese missions

edit3: seems like i downloaded a mission in multiplayer that couldnt be played cause i had no isle pack (recognized that while looking at my mp missions where all ended with "chernarus" but one with "sara" or something like that) and that caused the problem somehow. thanks for your replies tho

Edited by godmode

i have this problem, but it says

Mods: RES

ErrorMessage: Config Users\CIA_KID\missions\SS.Intro\description.ext: some input after EndOfFile.

i tried deleating mp missions and missions that i had adden but did not have the island but nothing is working pls help.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE

=====================================================================

Exe version: Wed Mar 02 11:36:12 2005

graphics: Direct3D , Device: Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller, Driver:ialmrnt5.dll 6.14.10.4020

resolution: 1024x768x32, w-buffer

Addons:

FLK_HermS368 in flk-hermes\, Bizon in bizon\, LincolnBlackN in cwklcbn\

Nimitz in hwk_uss_nimitz\, Su25 in su25\, 6G30 in 6g30\, jetpackE in jetpack\

BIS_WeaponPack in o_wp\, SJB_TOS_WeaponsPack_Models in sjb_tosm4\

CWK_FishingBoat in cwk_fish\, JAM_Magazines in jam_magazines\, BMP2 in bmp2\

CWKUtopiaSeagulls_FX in cwk_seagull\, FLK_HermS268 in flk-hermes\

jetpackW in jetpack\, Kozlice in kozl\, SJB_TOS_WeaponsPack in sjb_tosm4_cpp\

Steyr in steyr\, AH64 in apac\, JAM_Vehicles in jam_vehicles\

SJB_Optics_Pack in sjb_optics\, C130v2 in c130v2\, Vulcan in vulcan\

F1car in ferrari_f1\, FLK_HermS468 in flk-hermes\, Hunter in hunter\, Kolo in kolo\

Mini in mini\, Trabant in trab\, G36a in g36a\, BRDM in brmd\, Ch47D in ch47\

HMMWV in humr\, LaserGuided in laserguided\, Noe in noe\, OH58 in oh58\

SJB_ShotgunDefines in sjb_shotgunmisc\, XMS in xms\, DummyGun in dummygun\

FLK_HermS168 in flk-hermes\, BIS_Resistance in o\, Flags1 in flags\, MM1 in mm-1\

Bradley in m2a2\

Mods: RES

ErrorMessage: Config Users\CIA_KID\missions\SS.Intro\description.ext: some input after EndOfFile.

@cia_kid

This is ArmA 2 section of the Forum, not Operation Flashpoint: Resistance Section.

However, your reportet error is caused by a mission specific file. Contact the missionmaker and report the error to him.

thanks

didn't notice i'd strayed in arma.

thanks for the quick reply.

sorry where is the missionmaker.

funny sig btw.

OMG! you mean me, i'm the mission maker. i thought you mean't a great maker of missions. THE MISSION MAKER!!! lol

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

prob fixed

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

prob fixed

Edited by cia_kid