Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

SJB SAS Pack

SJB proudly presents v1.04 of the SAS Addon for ArmA2. The pack now also contains SBS and SFSG units, using the new MTP Camo.

The new MTP Camo being worn by the SFSG Units in v1.04 of the pack

MTP1_tn.jpgMTP2_tn.jpg

A few images of the othe runits included.

Woodland SAS Units In Action (1)

Woodland SAS Units In Action (2)

Desert SAS Units In Action (1)

Desert SAS Units In Action (2)

SBS Units (1)

SBS Units (2)

The SJB SAS Pack v1.031 contains Special Air Service (SAS) operators in both Patrol Kit and Assault Kit with the requisite camouflages for use in both temperate woodland and arid region environments. The pack now also includes Special Boat Service (SBS) units in generic civilian clothing, as well as Special Forces Support Group (SFSG) units in Multicam. These units are high fidelity representations of modern SAS operators circa 2006-present, using equipment sourced from photographs and information proprietary to the SJB mod team.

In order to pre-empt some misplaced analysis from the community, the mod team wishes to make clear the following:

Since the collaboration of Coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan it has not been uncommon for military personnel, including Special Forces, from the

United Kingdom and the United States, to cooperate closely during operations. Various uniform components of other nations may be worn by UKSF for a variety of reasons during these operations. Some of these reasons include operational security, reasons of Identification Friend/Foe, interoperability or even just personal preference of the man in the uniform.

The equipment worn by each of these units is not only intended to give the user a high quality representation of UKSF operators in game, but the mod team has also taken into account that the units should be applicable to all types of missions associated with Armed Assault 2.

These units are not what one would call stereotypical SAS, but the mod team wishes to assure you that the units are an accurate representative of modern operators to the best of their knowledge.

The units feature a few custom touches (unique editor icons, command-bar icons, custom night-vision and pistol proxies etc).

The addon also includes two custom ammo crates (EMPTY > AMMO > Ammo and Weapons Stash Woodland/Desert). These should come in handy for creating LUPs etc.

Addon Contents:

- SJB_SAS.pbo - The unit PBO

- SJB_SAS.pbo.SJB.bisign - The signature file

- SJB.bikey - The SJB Key, for use on dedicated servers

*** OPTIONAL FILES ***

- SJB_SAS_Headgear.pbo - This PBO contains a small range of headgear for players to use with the 'MP' units.

- SJB_SAS_Headgear.pbo.SJB.bisign - The signature file - As Above.

- SJB_SAS_ACEcfg.pbo - The 'ACE' unit PBO - If you don't use ACE, DO NOT install this file.

- SJB_SAS_ACEcfg.pbo.SJB.bisign - The signature file - As Above.

- SJB_SAS_MPcfg.pbo - The 'MP' unit PBO - Added units without headgear for use with the UKSF 'glasses' (custom headgear), primarily for use in MP, but can also be used in SP.

- SJB_SAS_MPcfg.pbo.SJB.bisign - The signature file - As Above.

- SJB_SAS_ACEMPcfg.pbo - As above, but using ACE weapons and features, as well as hiding the default headgear and backpacks.

- SJB_SAS_ACEMPcfg.pbo.SJB.bisign - The signature file - As Above.

Credits:

Jackal326: Model editing and new normal-maps.

SafetyCatch: Mega work on the textures. Again.

Johnny: Original models and textures, and permission to port from ArmA1 to ArmA2.

Ardvark: Hood model donation, and general modelling advise.

Jennifer/Neph/Retro (Same person, different nicknames) & Dasquade: Original night-vision and headmount models and textures.

TF86 Squad: BETA Testing.

Just a few points to make about the v1.04 release of the units. Firstly, the 'SJB_SAS_ACEcfg.pbo' and 'SJB_SAS_ACEcfg.pbo.SJB.bisign' should only be installed if you use the ACE Mod. If you do not use the ACE Mod, do NOT install these two files as they will cause issues for you. Also, the ACE units require ACEX for the additional weapons they now use.

Change Log:

> PUBLIC RELEASE V1.04 (10/04/2010):

- Added MP units config. This basically removes all headgear from the units, allowing for custom glasses-type headgear to be used, a few are included in a seperate PBO.

- Tweaked ACE config, adding support for the new AI talk module (units _should_ talk in English rather than in Russian/not at all).

- Adjusted camo ratings for some patrol units.

- The SFSG Units now use MTP camo instead of Multicam (the SAS/SBS still retain what Multicam they previously had).

> PUBLIC RELEASE V1.031 (25/02/2010):

- Re-Updated textures on desert SAS and SBS units, as I previosuly overwrote the incorrect textures. Whoops! lol.

- Updated SFSG Textures (these were the ones I was supposed to update before, but instead decided to overwirte the SBS Textures. Whoops again!).

- Fixed Desert Patrol MG'ers missing kneepad model (previously, it was simply textured on).

- Attempted to re-position and somewhat resize the bush-hats in an attempt to reduce clipping when using black faces (their head-shape is different ingame).

> PUBLIC RELEASE V1.03 (28/01/10):

- Updated textures on desert SAS and SBS units (editing UBACS Multicam top on SBS, and various tweaks to the SAS textures).

- Added P226 to 'ACE Config' Units.

> PUBLIC RELEASE V1.02 (11/01/10):

- Added 'ACE' Units, that having hidden backpacks (as with ArmA1 version of the pack), and use ACEx weapons and items. All within a seperate config. Don't have ACE/ACEx? Don't install the two ACE files.

- Tweaked a few models, adding a bit more variety to the units wearing gloves etc.

- Fixed 'Russian speaking units' issue.

- Resolved the slight proxy mis-alignment on the custom NVGs leading to glasses etc to clip slightly into the side of almost every unit's head (especially noticable with ACE balaclavas).

- Fixed the issues involving the respawn loadouts of a few units (i.e. not having the ability to access the map, compass or radio/GPS etc).

> PUBLIC RELEASE V1.01 (29/12/09):

- Fixed a small, but annoying config error that resulted in an on-screen popup caused by a last-minute, unchecked, presumed to work, config edit.

> BETA v1.0 (20/12/2009):

- Original port from ArmA1.

- Added SBS and SFSG Units.

- Numerous model edits across the board, too many to list. If you used the ArmA1 version of the units, then you'll more than likely spot the changes.

- Huge update on the textures, most were re-done from scratch with new DPM swatches etc. Thanks go to SafetyCatch once again.

Anyway, now the important thing, the download link (mirrors are very welcome, and will be added here as and when they are posted, thanks in advance):

v1.04 IS LIVE

Mirrors:

- Armaholic.com (v1.04)

- Arma2Base.de (v1.04)

- eprison.de (v1.04)

Edited by Jackal326
Release of v1.04

hmm,apart from the awesome units,what about these girls?are they included in the download?

Yes, they are included, but you would have to know the colour of the boathouse at Hereford to unlock them.

--

Good job on the units.

Regards,

Sander

Edited by sander

Hmm was in hereford for quite some time....not sure i could answer that quesiton though:)

Anyway great work on the units, where were these two months ago you gits? I had to learn to mod arma2 and make my own! lol Seriously though great to see there are 3 choices out for people now really high quality stuff keep it up!

[...]where were these two months ago you gits?[...]

Sat on my hard-drive, waiting to be finished :P It was only after SafetyCatch updated the textures again and I realised how awesome the units themselves were going to end up (modesty for you), that I found the time and motivation to finish them up. ;)

Freaking sweet! Thank you for the release SJB. Downloading ASAP!

Woot! Loved yer ARMA and OFP units soooo nice to have these babys in game :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Ok, its official, today is AURD (awesome units release day) :p

Thanks, SJB!

you would have to know the colour of the boathouse at Hereford to unlock them.

Ronin reference?

Wasted 10 minutes trying to remember where I heard the sentence, drove me nuts. Thanks, AM :D

Just found a very small (but annoying) config error that results in an onscreen pop-up, I am addressing it now. I apologise for the inconvenience, but the download has been pulled and will be re-uploaded shortly.

Also, was wondering if we would see any SJB work just the other day. Weapons pack sounds good. Any news on that?

OK guys, v1.01 as I'm now calling it, has been uploaded and is now linked to in the first post. Or click HERE.

Again, I'm sorry for that screw up. It really will teach me not to check any last minute edits I make before releasing.

don;t worry mate we've all done it, once released an entire mod, along with a hole team of guys that we spent 4 years working on...only to find one last min change caused 90% of people to CTD...don't beat yourself up about it, seriously awesome work.

Yes, they are included, but you would have to know the colour of the boathouse at Hereford to unlock them.

--

Good job on the units.

Regards,

Sander

Don't forget it must be pronounced Hearford.

Units look great! Looking forward to making missions with them.