Sign in to follow this  
ardvarkdb

MGS4 Praying Mantis PMCs Release

Exciting stuff! Downloading right now... I haven't made any stuff for arma in a while and I have no idea on how to texture but i can model quite well, if you want any help making new stuff to go with these guys (i.e metal gear rex etc...) gimme a shout and I'll get on board and do as much as i can! It might give me the opportunity to learn to texture from someone while doing this so I get as much out of it as everyone else! :)

hope to hear from you dude!

Nice units and nice weaponpack finally the M4 with s-system hit arma2 :-)

Will there be an version with grenade lauchner on the M4 with S-System?

Any chance of the weaponsmith Robert Hammer doing an update of the weapons with the M4 Custom with handgrip and no supressor. And the M14 with a suppressor on?

Stagler Out

Thanks for these, A big fan of your work and happy to see these in Arma@

Hey ardvarkdb,I was wondering if you plan make other MGS pmcs,like Pieuvre Armement or Raven Sword?

What about the FROGs? That would be just cool, if not a little bit out of place. :D

I was wondering, could you do a simple port of your old guys. I prefer their helmets to these new ones, they look a bit more like the ones in MGS4 imo. Not that I don't like these ones. Please?

when I place the mgs weapon box in editor it pops up an error and wont open the map,pls confirm or I redl

Never happened with me. Can't help, sorry!

Awesome release...:yay::yay:

thks for the port and for your effort ardvarkdb

Black1ron 12-31-2009 08:41 AM

I was wondering, could you do a simple port of your old guys. I prefer their helmets to these new ones, they look a bit more like the ones in MGS4 imo. Not that I don't like these ones. Please?

indeed..the new helmets looks cool but a bit odd (coz i'm used to play the Arma1 version :D:D) If you could please change the helmets back to the arma1 version as a next update....that would be great

Once again many thks for you effort ardvarkdb for porting thse badass PMC in arma2.

happy new year

Aargh, now I want every PMC in this game.

Supercool pack, I've been waiting for this. Thanks!

replacement would be nice^^ or

is there a way to release this units with default Bis weapons?

Edited by TeilX

If you could please change the helmets back to the arma1 version as a next update....that would be great

I'm just asking for another release of the old ones. I still like these ones, its just I want the old ones. Both would be great, which is my point.

Someone should try making Snake aswell, at this rate lol

Maybe a bit easier...Can you make an update to include the same icons for them that are on the default units? Like the medic having the cross, Support with the arrow, Team leader having a single line across, etc. etc. etc.

And your groups are...odd. A grenadier In charge with a "Team Leader" running 2nd-3rd? It may just be simple stuff that I could do if I knew what I needed to do.

But otherwise, amazing quality, and the RH weapons are a perfect match, even without the SCAR in the actual game.

Edited by AJsarge

Will this pack now be updated with the release of RH's updated weapon pack?

Eventually. Not my top priority right now.

Eventually. Not my top priority right now.

:D what IS your top priority? Those SEAL's? please tell me it's those guys or SOCOM ACU units from A1!

Pssh... now all we need to see is with the screenies is snake running around in the background of them >_> <_< That would be kinda epic... just for solo play atleast /cough anyway! Looks nice! The Mantis PMCs ruled. Loved gasing them in MGS4 >_> And with ACE2 weapons... I can yet again! WOOT! <_<

Edit:

Speaking of screenies! What map were those taken on? Would be nice to have more Desert maps ^_^ Can never have too much sand in your boots <_<

im getting an error when i try to place one in the editor.

It says that im missing magazines/handgernade1 or something along the lines of that.

Just tossing that out there ardvarkdb. It's probably an error on my side though. im about to reinstall them and give it a go.

Hey! Just checking to see if there was any update for the guys using SCARs from OA, would be -great- in Takistan with'm ya know? ^_^

Could you please remove the masks from the units?

These units are great as PMC's! Removing the mask would make them more all round.

Thank you for al your greataddons!

Could you please remove the masks from the units?

These units are great as PMC's! Removing the mask would make them more all round.

Thank you for al your greataddons!

But the Praying Mantis PMCs use masks :confused:

http://a7cpgw.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p5ZzHgz6XYtTSpfOaMxCErBMWyLcW_bhlLpJdSNoEk8Or-xoBlsMtVpYVsD6zCHyps2pS_KGBU0nqsTzatqJC5g/metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-p-1.jpg

I think what Pre-vet is saying is that if it would be possible that he could release a version where some of the PMC's are not wearing masks. The units are awesome and it would be cool to have an update where you have some who are not wearing the masks to go along with the ones that do wear them.

@Bugkill: Exactly! The models are just perfect for a more allround PMC/PSD role. the detail in the gear is fantastic.

But the Praying Mantis PMCs use masks :confused:

Thats why I said "Removing the mask would make them more all round."

At the moment they are only MGS PMC's, when one would remove the mask and the praying mantis patch they would fit much more scenarios. Like personal security detachements.

Btw, when placed in the editor with "units" they are independent, when with "groups" they are BLUFOR.

praying mantis units always have those masks because they got own rules and modern gear :p

Shame is there will be no update of these very nice units (ardvarkdb is very busy) :(

I really like those all PMCs in MGS4 /gear and stuff/ , maybe they will sometime come too

Edited by RobertHammer

praying mantis units always have those masks because they got own rules and modern gear :p

Shame is there will be no update of these very nice units (ardvarkdb is very busy) :(

I really like those all PMCs in MGS4 /gear and stuff/ , maybe they will sometime come too

Metal Gear and ArmA somehow fit very well together. MGS is SciFi, but still this "realistic" kind of Military SciFi.