Sign in to follow this  
ardvarkdb

MGS4 Praying Mantis PMCs Release

Metal Gear Solid 4 Praying Mantis PMCs

By Ardvarkdb & Robert Hammer

pmclogo.jpg

Version Beta 1.0 12/29/09

Contains units based on the Praying Mantis PMC group from Metal Gear Solid 4. More of a re-imagining than a straight port, these units are much closer to the source material. Units range from no gear to full gear and use Robert Hammer's excellent New custom weapons pack (required!).

Additional Images

Street Search

Sniper

Ambush

Patrol

Did you hear that?

Signed Addon for Multiplayer (not tested)

Units include 9 soldiers found under Independent\ MGS4 \ Praying Mantis PMCs

Brand new Weapons pack contains M14 EBR, M4s in various configurations, and AK102s. 28 weapons total!

Special thanks to Jonny for his excellent models and textures which I used as a base for these.

Download link Beta 1

PMC Units

Mediafire

Armaholic

ArmedAssault.info

Eprison.de

RobertHammer's New MGS4 Weapons Pack (required for units to work)

Mediafire

ArmedAssault.info

If you received the internal beta you do not need to download this. Nothing has changed between the versions.

Use this addon at your own risk and enjoy!

Edited by ardvarkdb

Glad to see them in ArmA2 ardvarkdb. Thank you! Downloading now.

Nice job. This was one of my favorite addOns in ArmA. Glad to see it finally converted to Arma 2. :)

Great release! Thanks for informing us ardvarkdb

Edited by Marko112

Hehehe... Awesome.

Are you planning on any other Metal Gear unis? :V

what is this rh custom pack?I got the rearmed pack....

Thx alot for these units,they look great and I'm amazed by the level of detail you put into them.No Arma game is complete without some Mantis pmcs.

These are new weapons RobertHammer made specifically for this pack. Glad you like the units everyone :-)

ok but it is from mediafire....hmmm....waiting for armaholic mirror...

ok but it is from mediafire....hmmm....waiting for armaholic mirror...

What is wrong with Mediafire? I uploaded it myself. I asked people to mirror the weapons packs, but for now Mediafire will have to do.

M14 EBR, excellent! Well done RH

just had a mess around. Some bugs. (I think)

When you hold the pistol as a PMC and use first person aim. The pistol is held well to high to where the bullet actually lands and is off aim.

And i dont know if this was intended but they all speak Chernarussian. Not US voices.

Thanks.

Stagler Out

Edited by colonel stagler

I just noticed the alerted PMC is surrounded by barrels xD. Nice! Anyways, really nice units! Ill be sure to use these guys soon.

YYYYYEEEEESSSSS!!! Superb job, guys. The weapon pack is just amazing.

And having a MGS based pack for ArmA is pure brilliance , too.

Awesome, I wished so much there would be someone to make\convert them; Can You also make a version without RH Guns dependency? Or a version with only new guns (like M-14 EBR or AK102)? Doesn't want to download the addon just to have another looking version of the same gun. Especially I'm trying to make a coop team's addonpack

Also, the PMC's used SCAR's in MGS4, would be good to see them in a future update........

And i dont know if this was intended but they all speak Chernarussian. Not US voices.

They speak Chernarussian because they are on the independent side. I hadn't figured it out in time, but I plan to release them with a seperate config file in the next update so you can have them on blufor, redfor, and independent. I made them independent now so you could set whether or not they were friendly to east or west.

Also, the PMC's used SCAR's in MGS4, would be good to see them in a future update........

Yeah, I would have loved to use Scars, but I'm sure you know the issue with Scuba's scars. Once Arrowhead is out we'll see an update. I'm very happy with the m4's that RobeterHammer made though. THey really fit with the units in my opinion, and if you look back at early beta screens of MGS4 the PMCs were using M4's back then as well. So just think of this release as the early beta of MGS4 :)

As for a non-weapon's pack version. I'll add one when I update with the multiple configuration files. Shouldn't be too hard, although you'll be missing out on these great new weapons.

Ardvarkdb

Dont know if its just me or something im doing wrong but when I place a group in the editor and try to make one of them as the player it comes up as bluefor marine. But thanks for an impressive set of units.

I agree the weapons are great,the masterkey version is superb not to mention the M-14 EBR.Scars will be great but for now we don't have any.

Hey ardvarkdb,I was wondering if you plan make other MGS pmcs,like Pieuvre Armement or Raven Sword?

Even 1-2 models per pmc will be great,here's Pieuvre grunt type http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/File:SOUTHAMERICAVISTAMANSION_4-1.jpg and here's Raven Sword soldier http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/File:EASTERNEUROPEMIDTOWNNSECTOR.jpg

when I place the mgs weapon box in editor it pops up an error and wont open the map,pls confirm or I redl