Stagler

@ SAS Task Force Black Campaign

If ARMA 2 shipped with british forces then i wouldnt need the addons mate. I used almost exactly the same addons as Sick1s Navy Seals Campaigns so people wouldnt have to download aload of new ones. And ill bear that in mind next time ill make 2 versions. One with the extra weapons and one without. It was my personal preference to put the extra weapons in to add variety.

The HQ voice acting, that was me and since it was my first foray into voice acting cut me a bit of slack. I only ended up doing it because there was no one else available at the time and i wanted to get it released so i could go out on the lash on new years night. A scouse HQ probably wasnt the best idea however lol.

TFB 2 will be coming next month methinks. If i get time from work like which i should most nights. Anyway im happy that at least it works for somebody.

UPDATE 1.3 First Page, Download link to Armaholic.

Removed FFAA Weapons.

Made HQ transmissions quieter.

Made voiceacting more spaced out so it doesnt overlap.

Thanks .

Stag

Edited by colonel stagler

Well being as most currently serving SAS soldiers are 80% scottish that would really call for subtitles

A couple of things...or really just one, where did you get that figure and whereever you got it from unless you are currently serving in the SAS there is no way that is accurate info.

p.s. stags if u need voice actors i can help out also.

Edited by Aeneas2020

hi i have a question..

the notes of the first mission tells to bring "democharges",

non of my units or myself have them with us...

do i need to take them from the base??

cant find any and the chopper fly's away without us

im trying to go in well informed...

like we say in holland,.. u wont go to whores without your balls

A couple of things...or really just one, where did you get that figure and whereever you got it from unless you are currently serving in the SAS there is no way that is accurate info.

p.s. stags if u need voice actors i can help out also.

I take it you never watched SAS are you tough enough where the instructor a scot and an ex service man stated and i quote "80% of the sas are scottish, because we are fuckin hard bastards."

I take it you never watched SAS are you tough enough where the instructor a scot and an ex service man stated and i quote "80% of the sas are scottish, because we are fuckin hard bastards."

guess that makes it official then

:butbut:

hmm a TV show that must be right...didn't mean to cause an arguement. I happen to have some knowledge in this area but i will defer to your superior powers.

Black mamba, you can change your units kit and loadouts in the briefing screen. With gear. Put some satchel charges into your units kits and you should be reet. If you have started the mission and dont want to restart. you could always try shooting it with some RPGS the enemy have.

Aeneas2020 . SAS are you tough enough is a well good program and although it may not be 100% correct. I dont think anybody any of us here know, or can contact, or can find information on the internet about, anything that Is 100% correct as the SAS very secretive.

In this campaign i used that program and the eliteukspecialforces website which contains limited but informative information.

Edited by colonel stagler

keep up the good work stag

tried running the regular campaign pbo when it first came out, and ran into some crashes...

but the single-mission structure works nice, and the missions are fun

when does TFB:2 come out

:)

Ill start working when Thirsk comes out hawkinge. Its going to be falklands style. Thirsk British overseas territory. Russia invades. Britain retakes islands. there will be missions destroyin planes at an airfield. taking a hill. shooting down choppers with stingers. meeting with some local resistence. and a big battle or two.

Im going to be helping Archamedes with his campaign first however.

Black mamba, you can change your units kit and loadouts in the briefing screen. With gear. Put some satchel charges into your units kits and you should be reet. If you have started the mission and dont want to restart. you could always try shooting it with some RPGS the enemy have.

thank u im going to check this mission out tonight,

lookin forward to sneek up to some opfor....;)

EDIT

ps..

the campaign didnt work rightaway yesterday night locked up at difficulty screen (known issue),

but after following the included readme the campaign starts normal now..

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

ok tried to change my loadout in the map screen at mission start,

changed to the m249 para elcan and took 3 satchels.

now when i press continue and im in the chopper,

all my gear changed back to standard loadout (without the satchels).

first i tought i did something wrong, but second time it happened again.

i think something is wrong there, i use the campaign file

no seperate missions

I duno whats up there. Im sure gear changing works for everyone else.

could be something on my end

also have issues with JW-Customs new missions on duala

just reinstalled my entire game 2 days ago and i think my units run faster than they did bevore, that smells fishy too

indestructible SCUDs? Anyone had this problem? There are a couple of SCUDs which I can't destroy even after 3 Javelin rounds and 6 sachets.

indestructible SCUDs? Anyone had this problem? There are a couple of SCUDs which I can't destroy even after 3 Javelin rounds and 6 sachets.

Must be made out of the same stuff as captain scarlett

found out what went wrong...

it worked all allong

when i give the whole squad new weapens nothings wrong thats when i figured squadleader isnt the first in the line at mission start to give new gear i gave the satchels to the medic and tought i was giving them to the squadleader so when i looked ingame my squadleader didnt have the satchels but the medic did....

Well the campaign is truly awesome but the missions are broken as hell (I'm using single missions). I'm trying to play it with ACE and can never manage to complete a single 1 because of all the bugs/errors. I truly wish a cleaned up version of this is release

Well the campaign is truly awesome but the missions are broken as hell (I'm using single missions). I'm trying to play it with ACE and can never manage to complete a single 1 because of all the bugs/errors. I truly wish a cleaned up version of this is release

got nothing to do with the missions, if you had checked the thread you would have noticed that on more than 3 times people say you have to disable ace

Dont use ace mate. That might be where the problems lie. I started on this well before ace came out. If that doesnt work. Tell me the bugs and ill see what i can do. The only bug i know of that i cant be arsed fixing until later is the one on Mission 6 Operation Black book. Because of a misnamed .sqf file. The chopper extraction doesnt work properly. Sorry.

Damn is there any way you can convert this to ACE? That would be truly fantastic.

ill do ace for my next TFB campaign. Due out when Raunhofer releases Thirsk.

If u can convert this to ACE once ur done with that other one that be great man. Peace.

got nothing to do with the missions, if you had checked the thread you would have noticed that on more than 3 times people say you have to disable ace

pretty much...

coming across saying the missions are 'broken as hell,' is a bit rude, especially when it's a problem on your end.

these guys are making free campaigns..stuff that other companies charge for called 'downloadable content'

remember that

:)

Stupid question, I suppose, but:

"Installation: Place the campaign pbo file into your campaigns folder in the ARMA 2 directory"

I don't have a "campaigns folder"!

In fact I can't find any folder or file with refernce to Harvest Red either, so I'm not sure where all the campaign files go.

Appreciate any guidance for a newb...

R

Stupid question, I suppose, but:

"Installation: Place the campaign pbo file into your campaigns folder in the ARMA 2 directory"

I don't have a "campaigns folder"!

In fact I can't find any folder or file with refernce to Harvest Red either, so I'm not sure where all the campaign files go.

Appreciate any guidance for a newb...

R

You have to physically create the campaign folder if you don't have one. In your main Arma2 directory, right click, create new folder and name it Campaigns

Then save all your user made campaigns there.