Stagler

@ SAS Task Force Black Campaign

Any reason why i can only play this campaign if i host the game on line and not in a single player campaign ?

I have put the file in the campaign folder.

Edited by Narcosis

Hello fellas!

After saving and trying to load it gives me an error:

You can not play mission because dependent downloadable content has been deleted:caplants, caroads, carocks.

I use CBA and the fixed range nightvision.

Any ideas? :/ I really enjoy the way it all is set up, I love stealth.

EDIT: seems like I have the problem with other campaigns too... caplants, caroads, carocks... Mhh, what is that?

Edited by megagoth1702

Hi,

Great campaign

Here are two observations/questions

1) Can anyone manage to board and extract in the CH47 or do we have to do endmission?

2) Last mission, seems like the extraction US chopper is locked cause nobody can board it...

Thanks

Wingsbaron. You can board the Chinook, its just you have to stand about 4 foot behind the exit ramp. Its not my problem, Its not my addon. It wont be fixed for a long time either since SmileyNick has quit playing Arma. I dont know whats wrong with the last mission chopper, maybe you shot someone by accident and it wouldnt let you board.

Wingsbaron. You can board the Chinook, its just you have to stand about 4 foot behind the exit ramp. Its not my problem, Its not my addon. It wont be fixed for a long time either since SmileyNick has quit playing Arma. I dont know whats wrong with the last mission chopper, maybe you shot someone by accident and it wouldnt let you board.

What i noticed is that the chopper was not at the extraction point on the first mission using ACE. It was taking evasive action against the enemy across the map. Not sure if you did this, but the best option is to set them to invulnerable and careless. This way they land no matter what.

Since ACE ramps up AI behaviour id say your probably right Sick1. But this came out before I even heard of ACE and I havent really got the time to at the moment to make it fully ACE compatible. I tried my best with the last version by removing all other weapon packs and making the waypoints simpler but there are some things like the choppers taking evasive action that pass through. The choppers at the moment are set to Never fire. this disableAI "TARGET"; this disableAI "AUTOTARGET".

Since ACE ramps up AI behaviour id say your probably right Sick1. But this came out before I even heard of ACE and I havent really got the time to at the moment to make it fully ACE compatible. I tried my best with the last version by removing all other weapon packs and making the waypoints simpler but there are some things like the choppers taking evasive action that pass through. The choppers at the moment are set to Never fire. this disableAI "TARGET"; this disableAI "AUTOTARGET".

No Colonel your work is great and much appreciated. The key to a successful Helo extraction is Careless and Allow no damage. Trust me that's what I use. Anything else "mission related" will work with ACE. That is the only fault with the campaign. If you need help, let me know. Thanks buddy!

I have enjoyed this campaign, but sometimes it got frustrating for these two problems which I've experienced only with this campaign:

-after getting killed the game kind of froze, the action carried on because I continued to hear it, but couldn't do anything. Pressing any key had no effect, had to manually close it via task manager.

-after getting wounded, the screen stayed glowing red even if switching to a healthy teammate.

Not a real problem, but on the beginning of the 6th mission I got an error about a class vehicle not being available anymore, UK_SFT1.

Lol Task Force Black Campaign. The first set of missions I ever made. Yeah I know what you mean about the red screen thing. Luckily I have made a redux version only requiring the TF86_TempPack and Len_L119A1s.

But to release it? Maybe soon.

Ha thanks bro, I didn't even know anyone still played this little gem. My first foray into mission making. I did make a Redux version with OA stuff but its yet to see the light of day ha.

Make sure it does one day mate, been able to get sometime to myself recently and played through this again as was in my folder, quality stuff nice work and thanks for the effort. A redux with oa and some extra/new would be a good afternoon of arma for me :D .

Regards Jeza

ps (Judging from your location- cant believe you lot got a 2-2 at our fortress emirates!)

Yeah, dude, what Jeza said. That was a good Camp and one of my first introductions to the Arma world. You should be proud because now I'm following in your foot steps, at a crawl that is to say.

Pump out a new version of that baby!

Hi Stagler, i know this is a very old mission, but I just downloaded it and it's been great so far. I'm on your v1.5 campaign using Arma 2 OA, and in mission 2 I get the helicpoter extraction bug. I can see it hovering above, but it just doesn't land. Any tips? Thanks.

If you have any teammates in squad choose one (or more) and give him order to get on board in to helicopter. After this helicopter will land on ground. But im not sure if this will help you to finish mission, i dont know what you must do later.

Edited by tom3kb

If you have any teammates in squad choose one (or more) and give him order to get on board in to helicopter. After this helicopter will land on ground. But im not sure if this will help you to finish mission.

Great, that worked perfectly, thank you.

No problem ;)

What mission are you playing now, tom?

Doing this one again?

Im playing CWR 2 missions all the time ;)

I played this campaign long time ago, its good campaign.

Ps. I had this bug so many times in user made missions I knew right away how to fix the problem :)

Sorry to bother you again, but I'm having a similar problem with mission 3 extraction. I get the message that the chopper is on its way, I turn up with my spotter to the extraction site, but there is no helicopter. Waited ages, but nothing. Any suggestions?

Another bug or maybe helicopter was destroyed or he could crash.

Probably you can only load the game. Im always make save before i go to any "extraction by vehicle" task. If something is wrong i load that savegame.

If this dont help you must use cheats to jump to next mission.

You can use "endmission" cheat or "campaign" cheat in campaign menu.

Another bug or maybe helicopter was destroyed or he could crash.

Probably you can only load the game. Im always make save before i go to any "extraction by vehicle" task. If something is wrong i load that savegame.

If this dont help you must use cheats to jump to next mission.

You can use "endmission" cheat or "campaign" cheat in campaign menu.

Ok thanks a lot. I used endmission.

I just played the first mission, Operation Morning Storm and this is a top notch mission, even with voice acting. Too bad I have missed out on this campaign for 5 years or more.