Sign in to follow this  
riffleman

Required addon info

I have many mission and campaign,but they are no playable due to required addon.when iam download them there is no readme.is there any way to know about required addon from mission or campaign files i have downloaded.thanks

When you download a mission that comes with no readme, open the pbo with PBO Decryptor 1.5 by example and look at the mission.sqm file with a text editor.

The addons names (the name they have from their own class CfgPatches in their own config.cpp, so that can be very different from the addon pbo name) will appear in the lines :

addOns[]=....
addOnsAuto[]=...

Sometime those addons names matches the pbo own names, or at least gives you a big hint to what is the addon you need, searching them is then easy on ofp.info.

But sometime (fortunately that's rare thanks to the OFPEC tag sinitiative) those addons names are not really corresponding to something easy to find, so just ask in the Missing Addons thread if someone know to which addons such names correspond to.

For a campaign, that's the same, unpbo a campaign .pbo , inside you will see many folders, corresponding to each campaign missions, and so many mission.sqm files.

Look in those to find the addons names.

I had trouble with addons.When i downloaded a mision it says :You need that addon to play the mision.I download that addon and put the mision in misions folder and then ofp says c

annot load mision :mising addons blah,blah ,blah.

then i found that if the classname of the vehicle is not same name as class of the cfgpatches.So when i saw this was working:

class Cfgpatches
{
  class Vulcan
  {
   units[]={Vulcan};
   weapons[]={Vulcancannon};
   };
};

but if i put the folowing instead:

class Cfgpatches
{
  class Vulcan
  {
   units[]={VulcanVehicle};
   weapons[]={Vulcancannon};
   };
};

Then i get misiong addons eror even if i had that exactly same addon in my addons folder,with a mision i made using that addon !

:eek: