Sign in to follow this  
astral54r

DCS: A-10C Warthog

I'm really holding out for their ah64 sim. I hope it can be played multiplayer as pilot / gunner.

I'm disappointed that they chose to do the A-10 again.

I would have much rather had an Apache/Hind or an F-14/18 (carrier ops).

JM2C

I'm disappointed that they chose to do the A-10 again.

I would have much rather had an Apache/Hind or an F-14/18 (carrier ops).

JM2C

They've had these plans for a while. They did the ka-52, next they're doing the a-10, then the ah-64a, then they'll do something else- I forget what.

They've had these plans for a while. They did the ka-52, next they're doing the a-10, then the ah-64a, then they'll do something else- I forget what.

Yah, I know they have, I just don't care for the A-10 (especially since it's already been done and I find it to be a rather boring aircraft).

I am looking forward to the Apache and beyond.

The A10a in LOMAC/FC is nothing compared to the DCS:A10C.

Again, I don't care. It's been done already.

There are plenty of Aircraft that haven't been done that I would have preferred.

Hell, I would have been happy if they had done the Apache and as I've already said, the F-14/18 with a view to extensive Carrier ops.

Tha A-10 just doesn't interest me. It's a personal preference at the end of the day.

It doesn't really matter as they chose the A-10 so I'll just content myself with the Black Shark until they do the Apache.

Edited by BangTail

Far doo's mate. I would Like it if they done Eurpoen planes Like the Rafele and the Tonka [Jag and or Buccaneer would be hevan but they won't do them cos their out of service].

Far doo's mate. I would Like it if they done Eurpoen planes Like the Rafele and the Tonka [Jag and or Buccaneer would be hevan but they won't do them cos their out of service].

The F14 is an old one as well, but I'd still love a game based on that plane.

Ditto on the Euro planes, I'd would have liked the EF 2000 as I miss that game. It was bloody awesome :)

I´m sure DCS A-10 is going to be great from a simulation aspect, a welcome addition to my collection. From a value pov though, i would have rather seen them opt for the F/A-18C & carrier ops on dcs standard - it just provides so much more content and mission variety than the A-10 could provide.

I´m sure DCS A-10 is going to be great from a simulation aspect, a welcome addition to my collection. From a value pov though, i would have rather seen them opt for the F/A-18C & carrier ops on dcs standard - it just provides so much more content and mission variety than the A-10 could provide.

Exactly. The A-10 is fine when it's bundled with other planes but on it's own, I just don't seeing it having the long term appeal of an F-18 for example.

Edited by BangTail

I wouldn't have minded a strike eagle sim. I like the aircraft, they already had F-15 information and research from LockOn (like the a-10), and it would have been interesting from a sim-gamer nostalgia point of view.

I think the A10 just sells from a coolness standpoint. I'd much rather rip an armored column to shreds with 30mm than drop an LGB on a tank from 30k feet.

It all depends on what technical manuals they can get their hands on.

Dogfighting is fun, but the coordination for ground attack is it's own appeal too. The A-10 is my most flown jet in LockOn. Second is the F-15 followed by the Su-27.

It really doesn't matter to me what order they release the aircraft in. At least someone is releasing something that's accurate and high fidelity in the flight sim world. It's been too long since there's been a multiplayer sim released, so anything they put out is welcomed in my opinion :)

It all depends on what technical manuals they can get their hands on.

Dogfighting is fun, but the coordination for ground attack is it's own appeal too. The A-10 is my most flown jet in LockOn. Second is the F-15 followed by the Su-27.

It really doesn't matter to me what order they release the aircraft in. At least someone is releasing something that's accurate and high fidelity in the flight sim world. It's been too long since there's been a multiplayer sim released, so anything they put out is welcomed in my opinion :)

I can agree with that.

I will take what I can get at this point. ED do a very good job. I'm glad that they do what they do as they seem to be alone in that endeavour :)

Tornado. They should do a Tornado next. Been years since a great Tornado sim was available :)

I guess for obvious reasons they tend to gravitate towards single seaters. I'd be fine with AI co pilots for more aircraft options.

Tornado. They should do a Tornado next. Been years since a great Tornado sim was available :)

Wow, I'd love that. The last one was awesome in it's day :) How about a Phantom/Mig 21 and ops over Nam?

That's what annoys me about the choice of the A-10. There are so many other aircraft that are so much more deserving of ED's attention :(

I wish arma2 could have cockpits like that. Woulda been really good if they had highly detailed cockpits for vehicles and aircraft.

Anyway looks good.

Basically the A10 is next because ED have created the simulation software for the USAF? and their furute A10-C training suits. The US have allowed certain aspects of the training software to be able for public development.

This way most of the work in terms of the A10 systemsa are complete they just have to scale it back and put it into the DCS arena.